one // new beginnings

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And suddenly you know:
It's time to start something new
and trust the magic of new beginnings."
Meister Eckhart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A girl stopped in her tracks as she placed one foot next to the other, in what was a relatively new pair of sneakers she had rewarded herself with her first pay from her part time gig. Her hands gripped the fabric she was hugging close to her chest, her laptop enclosed within.

Excitedly yet with a tinge of nervousness, Yein exclaimed in a whisper, "I'm finally here!"

Yonsei University. Her dream school since the first time she heard about it when she was eight. As ridiculous as it sounds, it was the school she had strived for since then.

"Are you really leaving?" the then eight year old her questioned with a frown.

Lifting his hand only so slightly because she was barely half his height, he ruffled her hair and smiled gently, "if you work hard, you can go to college in Seoul too!"

All she could do was to look down with a pout, dejected that he was going far away.

Now at the age of twenty, Yein was here at the entrance of her dream school, a naive smile plastered on her face, all ready to take on whatever that may come her way. Hurriedly, she headed to her first lecture in which she quite easily found her way for she had studied the layout of the school inside out and had memorised it by heart.

Entering the lecture theatre, she noticed that half the cohort had reached. They must be just as excited as I am. Sliding into one of the seats in the fifth row at the corner, she began taking out the books required for the class.

Soon, the theatre filled up and the professor began his teaching. Ten minutes into the lesson, the side door creaked open and two boys entered huffing and puffing.

"Oh wow, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung. I'm surprised you're in my class again. But not surprised that you're late," Professor Kang clicked his tongue and shook his head. Using his fingers to gesture them to take a seat, he returned to the blackboard.

The two boys quickly found seats, which happened to be right in front of Yein. As they settled down, she narrowed her eyes at them with slight distaste. Late on the first day of school. She shook her head.

To make matters more annoying, hushed whispers could be heard behind from girls who were evidently more excited about the two boys rather than the class that was going on for they said things like 'oh my god it's Jungkook', 'Taehyung is so darn hot', and 'I'm so glad they're in this lecture'.

Why do you girls even go to school for? She mentally rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to the professor and the lesson.

//

Giving her back a good stretch, Yein looked around accomplished. She had finally finished unpacking her things in her new hostel room. It was a little small but sufficient and with the extra fluffy pillows she had brought along, it felt cosy enough.

Just need to take a shower and do some readings for tomorrow's lectures. Picking out her pajamas, which was simply an oversized tee and a pair of slacks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter