five // unusual

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do things for people not because of
who they are or what they do in return,
but because of who you are"
Harold S. Kushner

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Frantically keeping her class materials, Yein bundled them into her arms and called out to Eunseo and Youngtaek, "I've got to rush off! See you tomorrow!"

"Okay! See you!"

She had just finished the class of one of her core modules for the semester and because her professor decided to overrun class by forty-five minutes (yes, a full forty-five minutes), she was now late for her group meeting for her elective class. She still had to grab dinner.

Argh. Forget dinner. No time for that.

Yein was feeling especially more stressed because it was in this elective that she was grouped with people that she knew were nice, and hence, she wanted to be of much help to them. They have had a couple of meetings so far and she was still feeling that she had trouble fitting in.

In so much of a hurry, Yein ended up tripping over her own foot, dropping her books in the process. Rebuking herself internally, she bent down and began picking them up. Thankfully her laptop was safe for she had held it tightly enough.

"You can slow down, you know."

Raising her head, her gaze followed the book a metre away travel from the floor and into someone's arms. Jeon Jungkook's. He was bent down as well, helping her retrieve her fallen books.

"And aren't you carrying too many things in your hands?"

"Ah, I had a full day of classes so I didn't have time to go back and forth from hostel."

Yein stood up and reached her hands outward, wanting to take her books from him but Jungkook shook his head. He his heels and began walking ahead, cradling them in his arms.

"Does that mean you haven't eaten?"

Yein pressed her lips together and remained silent for a while, hesitant to answer because while she very much wanted to lie, she knew he'd probably realise that it wasn't the truth either way.

"Mmm, I haven't," Yein answered slowly. "Last meal was lunch at twelve thirty."

Jungkook looked at her with an expression she understood as shock even though it wasn't so obvious because he was still kind of emotionless. "Even though it's already seven thirty?! Aren't you hungry?"

Shrugging, she replied with a pained smile as if to say that it couldn't be helped. Typically one could snack in class but her professors were pretty strict. Her friends, Eunseo and Youngtaek, and herself, gobbled down some biscuits between classes, banking on them to last the day.

"Then I guess we can't meet in the library."

Yein's jaw dropped open. She didn't want to be a burden and yet here they were, considering that they couldn't meet in the library.

"The cafeteria would be too noisy..." Jungkook began verbalising his thoughts. "I guess we could use one of the meeting rooms around Solbin's archi studio. We can takeaway or order in some food too."

Turning his head back to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter