thirteen // doubt

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Doubt kills more dreams
than failure ever will."
Karim Seddiki

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"The heck was that, Jungkook?"

The boy didn't respond. He was currently trying to clear out the alcohol from his system. He had drunk more than a litre of water yet he still hadn't cleared it fully. The king's cup was seriously nasty, being a mixture of various hard liquor.

"Don't mind him," Taehyung patted Jimin's shoulder as he walked into the room they were in (which was also his bedroom). "It's just something he had been worrying about the whole time since the two of them arrived here."

"Two of them?"

"Yein."

Jimin raised his eyebrows, not getting his friend's roundabout explanation.

"I'll let him explain," said Taehyung as he plopped down on his bed and leaned against the pillows. Jimin was seated on a mattress on the floor while leaning against the foot of the bed.

"Doesn't look like he's gonna explain though."

The two older boys watched as Jungkook came out of the bathroom. His hair was still damp from having taken a shower in an attempt to make himself feel better though it was a challenge because the alcohol was so strong.

Feeling a lot better, but not enough to engage in needless chitchat, he crumbled onto the bed beside Taehyung.

"So what's up, Jungkook?" Jimin tried again.

Receiving a kick from Taehyung, Jungkook answered with a grumble. "Nothing."

This time, Jimin whacked him with a pillow and crawled up to join them on the king-sized bed, not buying his halfhearted answer. Despite the younger one not showing any interest to entertain them, the other two were not ones who gave up easily.

"So why did you drink the king's cup?" asked Jimin.

"Because it was Yein who had to drink it," replied Taehyung.

"And why did you drink it for her?"

"Because he didn't want her to suffer."

"And why not?" Jimin was beginning to smile, finally understanding what Taehyung was rambling about.

"Because..."

"He likes her," both of them said unanimously.

There was no response from Jungkook as he continued to curl up, body faced away from them. He was still awake but while everyone else understood what was going on, he was confused at his own actions and feelings. He was feeling frustrated for acting out of his usual self and also there was an unusual churning in his stomach that he had never felt before. (That churning was not due to the alcohol, thankfully.)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter