seven // unexpected

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Life is crazy, unexpected,
and endlessly beautiful."
Daniel Wallock

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yein let her legs give way and crashed on the floor beside her belongings. Clumsily unscrewing her bottle, she began to hydrate herself. Today's practice was especially hard. So much that she could feel a cramp coming in her calves. Stretching out her legs, she tried to loosen the muscles by leaning forward.

"Gather around," she heard Howon ssaem instruct. "You can bring your bottles. Just gather around."

Howon ssaem was the club's dance instructor. He, himself, used to dance in the club when he was on campus. Yein found it amazing how he was able to balance his full time job with his coaching commitments.

"You know Seoul Dance Festival is coming up right?"

Everyone nodded.

Seoul Mega Dance Festival. Yein had heard from Mijoo and Jimin (who gave an extremely detail explanation that tired her out). It was firstly, a festival held annually. And secondly, it was a well-known competition that many crews auditioned for. There were three rounds of auditions where the first was a video to be sent to the organisers, while the second and third were real performances in front of at least three judges.

Revolution had qualified for the festival since the club's formation and remained in the top three spots for the last five years despite the harsh competitors that emerged each year.

"What we learnt today is a snippet of our competition routine. And as much as I have choreographed solos, you all know I can't have a solo for everyone."

"It'll be just as competitive and even if you get selected, you can be dropped anytime once you don't perform. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Jimin, explain."

"Yes," Jimin stood up and continued from where Howon ssaem left off.

"As our usual practice, Howon ssaem will select at least two people for each solo or two pairs, in the case of a duet. You will practice your parts and there will be an audition to see who gets the position. This is so that we'll have substitutes if there's an injury or if the selected one doesn't perform well."

Howon ssaem concluded, "so make sure you don't slack off on your parts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter