oo9. Apologies are also a Sign

Dear Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please have your sound on for this chapter


김이지 (Kim EZ) –눈맞춤 

 

oo9. Apologies are also a Sign

-

While having dinner, Seol’s mother nudges her father’s knee under the table signalling him to start the conversation. “Uhm, Seol. How’s school?” He asks and looks at her mother before Seol. “Is everything okay?”

Seol nods her head. “Yeah, everything’s good.” she smiles

Her mother nudges her husband again and he clears his throat. “Did you manage to get a slot in the scholarship program?

Their daughter stops from eating for a while and stares at her food before taking a deep breath. “I’m still on the waiting list.

“Really? Do you think you’ll be having it after this semester? Your older sister got hers right when she got into Seoul University.” Her mother chirps and Seol slows down the food she’s chewing and stares at her food. “Before she graduates, companies started calling her and look, she got into one of the biggest companies in Seoul!”

Seol stops from eating and takes a sip of her drink. “I’m not like her, but I’m trying my best to meet your expectations.”

Her parents glance with each other. “Han Seol, we just want the best for your future. That scholarship would be your stepping stone.”

Seol didn’t finish her food and she stands up, bowing respectfully to her parents. “I’m buying ice cream at the convenience store. I’ll get you some too.” Without looking, Seol grabs her cardigan from the living room and she walks towards the door.

“S-Seol! Han Seol!” Her mother calls but she has already left.

Seol enters the store and instead of buying ice cream, she ends up buying two cans of beers and a sausage.

She pays for it and walks to the nearest park, opening the beer and settles down on the bench as she looks up at the sky. *It’s so hard. I’m always doing my best, but it seems like it’s always not enough.* She starts drinking and a long sigh escapes her lips. She removes the plastic wrap of her sausage and she takes a bite.

A cute dog suddenly runs towards Seol while she eats and Seol looks down to see a cute dog wagging his tail to her. “You want some? Are you allowed to eat this?” The dog barks as if he understands what she said. Seol pinches a small piece and opens her palm, the dog eats the sausage and she notices the leash. “Did you get lost?”

Seol continues to feed the dog and she smiles at how adorable he is. “You’re so lucky you won’t have to feel what I’m feeling at the moment.” She feels her tears start to well up. “I just want to be free like you. I want to be the captain of my ship.” Tears soon roll down her cheeks and pet the dog.

“Tan! Kim Yeon Tan! Here boy!”

Seol looks around hearing someone who must be looking for the dog.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter