oo8. Secretly Upset

Dear Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please have your sound on for this chapter


00:00 (Zero O'clock) - BTS

 

oo8. Secretly Upset

-

After having a small chat and snack with Jimin, Seol slowly walks to her next class and her head is filled with what happened at the cafeteria. She’s feeling guilty and just remembering the look on Taehyung's face when she left makes her shake her head. *Ugh, I’m having my next class with Taehyung and Min Seo.* She drags herself inside the classroom and settles down.

 

Seol takes out her books and pen from her bag when she hears Min Seo’s sweet laughter. She glances up and sees Taehyung smiling a bit at Min Seo.

 

Seol just felt something inside her chest that she shouldn’t and her eyes met Taehyung and he completely ignored her. She follows them with her gaze and they settle down beside each other. *I have no right to feel this. What is this?* She sighed softly and shook the thoughts off inside her head.

 

The professor enters the classroom and Seol’s eyes finds them again, sitting beside each other and she just looks ahead and listens to the lecture.

 

After the classes, Seol fixes her things as her classmates start walking out of the classroom. Seol sees Min Seo walk out of the classroom alone and she glances to see Taehyung fixing his things still. *This is my chance.* She stands up as well as Taehyung did and blocks him. “H-Hey,”

 

Taehyung just looks at her. “Hey.”

 

“How was your catching up with your middle school friend?” Seol asks and she is quick to notice his eyebrows slightly meet at the center.

 

“Good, thanks to you.” He fixes the strap of his bag. “I was excited about that because for once, I thought you’re going to stop avoiding me already, but you just did that so I can be alone with someone I’m not even close with?” Taehyung passes by Seol and she swallows hard after hearing the truth.

 

Seol glances at him in defeat. “Jimin was right.” With a heavy sigh, Seol puts the strap of her bag on her shoulder and starts walking out of the classroom and watches Taehyung disappear into the sea of people. “I felt like I had just lost a really good friend. How am I going to apologize this time?”

 

After her classes, Seol walks to the student affairs office and asks the student in charge. “Uhm, excuse me. May I ask if there are slots for scholarship applications already?”

 

“None.”

 

“Uhm, when would I be able to know? Is it usually after the semester?”

 

“I said none.”

 

All of a sudden, someone just puts his arm around Seol’s shoulders and she gets startled at the closeness. It’s Min Jae again. “Why are you being like this to my hoobae? She’s really close to me. Why don’t you put her on the waitlist. You have that, right?”

 

Seol removes his arm around her shoulders and dips her head. “It’s okay, thank you. I’ll just check on it next time.” She respectfully dips her head and then starts walking out of the student affairs office and quickly walks away from it afraid that Min Jae might catch up on her. “What’s wrong with that senior? He makes me so uncomfortable.” She sees Taehyung walking out of the school building, “Oh,” she blinks repeatedly remembering what happened a while ago. “Let’s just go home, Seol.”

 

She starts walking outside the apartment building as well and then straight to the subway station. She looks ahead and sees Taehyung again passing by the scanning machines. *I want to apologize to him, but how?* She sighs heavily and scans her T-card.

 

After settling down on an empty spot, she looks ahead and to her surprise, Taehyung is sitting across her and their eyes meet for a couple of seconds before Taehyung looks at his phone. Seol’s cheeks feel like they are burning as she looks down. *This is so awkward. Maybe I should just transfer seats.* She looks around but there aren’t any available seats.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter