oo1. Wishes

Dear Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please have your sound on for this chapter


Oscar Dunbar - Spring Rain (One Spring Night OST)

 

oo1. Wishes

--

“If we were just friends, why did you look at me and gave me hope?”

Seol yells and chuckles in disbelief. “Why! Why did you do that? I liked you! You’re my first love! My childhood crush! And you’re going to tell me, you’re in a relationship with my friend?” 

She takes another sip of the soju and sighs heavily. “I will forget about you! I’ll make sure to find someone better than you!”

As the long cold winter season passes, the snow has thawed and disappeared. The dehydrated grass turns green together with some of the trees, especially the Cherry Blossom trees that looks like cotton candy. 
 
The moon is bright as it reflects the river beneath it and the clouds are like blankets of air across the starry sky. 
 
Kim Taehyung who settled down on the green field enjoying the beautiful night view and weather. With a can of cold beer on his hand, he pulls the tab of his drink making that fizzy sound and he takes his first sip letting out a soft sigh escape his lips.
 
He continues to look from afar until this girl catches his attention. He glances at her once, but then he ignores her afterwards and takes another sip of his beer. 
 
The girl continues to walk until her visage becomes clear under the street light. She stands beside the Cherry Blossom tree and she sniffs before Taehyun glances at her as she begins to yell out her frustrations.
 
She’s holding a bottle of an almost empty bottle of soju and she faces the moon as if she’s talking to someone. 
 
“I really studied hard! I really, really studied hard for my college entrance exams. The pressure from my parents are stressing me so much! I really need to get into that university and I really, really must get that scholarship!” she takes in a deep breath and Taehyung starts to watch her in amusement with one of his legs propped, he rests his elbow on his knee and rests the side of his head on his knuckles, casually taking another sip of his beer.
 
The girl walks closer and points at the moon while offering her soju. “A toast for my miserable life?”
 
Taehyung takes another sip. “She’s too drunk.”
 
The girl yells her name repeatedly. “My name is Han Seol. Han Seol! Hey, Moon! Can you please put my name on the list of passers?” she shakes her head and clasps her hands. “Dear Moon, can you please grant me three wishes? Just three, please?”
 
Taehyung tilts his head a little and looks at the moon as well. 
 
“I wish I can pass my college entrance exam and the scholarship. Second, I will have a friend there! Most of my friends are in different universities. Give me at least one friend! And third... third.” She pauses and clears “I hope I will meet my ideal boyfriend! Must be my ideal type! Better than that idiot. That is a must. Please…”
 
Unable to control and contain his laughter, Taehyung coughs and wipes his lips with the back of his hands and he lifts his head up and saw the girl is already looking at him. Seol points at him and then she suddenly falls on the grass. 
 
Taehyung just stares at her and he looks around if maybe her family members or friends are around.
 
Some of the people jogging stares at the girl lying on the grass and Taehyung clicks his tongue before standing up and walks close to her. 
 
He crouches down and he gets to see her closer. Gently, he pushes her with his hand. “Hey, Miss. Wake up. Are you okay? Call your friends or family. Why drink when you can’t even handle your liquor.” Taehyung stands up. “Why am I even doing this?” he mumbled and he starts walking away.
 
“Hey, look at that girl’s sleeping. She looks so drunk.”
 
“Is she alone?”
 
“Should we try and see if she’s awake?”
 
He hears two guys talking about Seol and he turns around, without thinking twice, he starts walking back towards where the girl is laying down, coldly and silently glaring at the guys and they quickly start to walk away. Taehyung sighs and rolls his eyes before looking at Seol again. He crouches and tries to wake her up for the second time. “Where's your phone? I'll call someone to pick you up.”
 
“I'm awak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter