oo6. Your Number

Dear Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please have your sound on for this chapter


My Beauty - VERIVERY

 

oo6. Your Number

-

“Mom, I’m going now!” Seol takes a slice of bread and jogs towards the door and sits on the edge wearing her sneakers.

Her mom walks towards her, “Have you asked about the scholarship?” 

Seol dips her head and waved goodbye, running out of their place not wanting to talk about the scholarship at the moment. 

As soon as she steps out of the building, she holds the slice of bread and sighs softly. “I can’t even tell them the chance of me not getting a slot for this semester’s scholarship.” she mumbles and starts walking to the nearest subway station. 

As she gets closer to the subway station, Seol notices a familiar figure just a few feet in front of her. *Is that Taehyung? I forgot we live in the same neighborhood.* she smiles cheekily and fastens her pace before stopping all of a sudden. *Wait, why was I excited? Isn’t he upset with me?*

Taehyung stops and waits for the train to arrive while Seol continues to stand just behind him. Watching him and just staring at him until the train finally arrives. Seol didn’t move and just watches him get inside. *I don’t think I’ll ride the same train with him.* She looks up and Taehyung meets his eyes with hers. He’s standing inside the train while facing her.

Taehyung just looks at her as if he’s trying to read what she's thinking. 

Seol dips her head to greet him but the train starts moving already making Seol sigh in relief. She places her hand over her chest. “Why was I so nervous? What was that?” she takes in a deep breath and waits for the next train.

After a couple of minutes, the next train arrives and Seol steps inside. Since it’s rush hour, there is no available seat already. She reaches for the handle for balance as she looks outside the window. She takes out her phone and randomly scrolls at some of the news on the internet. 

The train stops at the next station and someone stands beside Seol so she moves a little to give the person more space until through her peripheral vision, the person next to her looks so familiar. She turns her head and sees its Taehyung already standing beside her. “T-Taehyung.”

He turns his head and looks at her. “I forgot something. I had to wait.”

“What did you forget?”

“It’s not a what, but a who.”

Seol coughs and her cheeks suddenly feels like they are burning and she playfully hit his arm and Taehyung looks at it. “That’s funny. You should use that in the future. I bet it’ll work.” she chuckles nervously. “You’re not late for class yet?” She tries changing the topic for Taehyung looks really serious. 

He shakes his head. “No. Are you?”

“Nope. I don’t like getting late. I hate the feeling whenever I do.” She smiles softly and makes a couple of steps away from him, hoping he will not notice.

Which, he already did. 

“Why do you keep on avoiding me? Am I making you uncomfortable?” 

Seol was caught off guard by his question. She didn’t really want to stay away or avoid him. “It’s not that. I just feel...embarrassed? Well, because of what happened that night. I mean with me getting drunk and yelled at the moon.” She chuckles a little. 

“Aren’t we friends already?”

“W-We are.”

He faces her again and looks straight into her eyes. “Then, don’t try to avoid me anymore. That is nothing to be embarrassed about.”

“Yeah, alright.”

Taehyung fishes out his phone from his pocket and hands it to her. “Can I get your number? Just in case I suddenly can’t attend some class we’re both into. I can send you a message.” 

“Oh, okay.” Seol is about to grab his phone but the train stops and she loses her balance making her lean against Taehyung’s body while he gladly stands still to support her. Seol’s eyes rounds in surprise and abruptly moves away from him. “There’s an available space already.” She clears . He looks at his phone and puts it back inside his jean’s pocket, following Seol behind. 

Before Seol could even take a seat, someone already sat down on the space she saw. Instead of getting disappointed, she was somehow relieved that it made her way out of the embarrassing po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter