Chapter 6

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon woke up happy today, not because it was a Friday, but this is one of the most anticipated day for her. She quickly took a shower and wore her attire for today. Which were shorts, a white shirt, and a purple bandana. She ate her breakfast whole heartedly and went to school. 

"Today is going to be a great day!" She tells herself.

_________

Eunbi woke up excited, today was going to be one of the most memorable days of her highschool life. She quickly woke up Wonyoung and told her to go get ready, in about 30 minutes she and Wonyoung were out the door and walking to school.

"You ready for today?" Eunbi asks her taller sister.

"A bit, I'm scared though. This is my first time pitching..." Wonyoung pouts making Eunbi laugh.

"You'll do fine."

"Really?"

"Yes, after all you are my sister. We Kwons aren't losers." Eunbi raises her fist in the air while Wonyoung just rolls her eyes, there goes her sister's competitiveness, she silently prays that no one will get hurt when her sister goes serious with the games.

"If you feel pain or your heart beats way too fast, stop okay?" Eunbi says with concern.

"I will." Wonyoung makes the cross my heart gesture.

They arrived at the school grounds there were already many students there, "I guess everyone's excited for today, huh?" Wonyoung comments as she sees everyone chattering and warming up.

Today was the school's sports festival, everyone was in their PE outfit with their respected color bandana. The competition was between the people in the same batch but in different classes, so although Yena and Eunbi we're both 4th years the fact they're in different classes puts them against each other.

"Bye unnie! I'm going to find Yujinie and Tomi-chan!" Wonyoung waves off before going into the crowd of students to find her friends. Eunbi waves back and she starts looking for her own class, she was walking around when she feels a tap on her shoulder. "Eunbi."

She turns around in surprise, "Yena?" She looks down to see her bandana, it was yellow. 

"Are you looking for your class?" She asks and Eunbi nods. Yena then leads her inside the gym near the bleachers, "Here you go."

"Thanks Yena. Say hi to Yuri for me." 

"Roger that!" Yena walks away.

Eunbi says hi to all her classmates with their purple bandanas tied around their arms and approaches Minjoo and Nako. They're already stretching and warming up, "Hey guys. You're all early."

"Who isn't? Everyone is so hyped. Well everyone except Hyewon." Minjoo Snickers.

"Why do you say that?" Eunbi asks in confusion.

"She's sitting over there," Minjoo points at the edge of the bleachers where the raven head was sitting, "When she arrived here, she was smiling happily and then she saw everyone else and her smile just dropped. When she went to us she told us she hates physical activities." Both Minjoo and Nako laugh as they remember the girl's sullen expression. 

"Well I'mma go talk to her then. Do you know what game she's playing?"

"Badminton but she's only a substitute." Nako tells her. 

"Okay then." Eunbi starts walking up the bleachers to get to the food loving girl.

"By the way, why are you so happy today?" Nako asks and turns to Minjoo.

"Ehhh? Why can't I be happy? It's our last sports festival, I'm planning to enjoy it." Minjoo replies back although she's a bit flustered. Nako squints her eyes in suspicion, "I'm watching you. Something's definitely up."

"You're imagining things Nako-chan." Minjoo laughs it off.

__________

"Kang-chan!" Eunbi calls out to the younger girl, Hyewon stiffens at first before realizing who's calling her.

"Eunbi. You're here already?" Hyewon was munching on a burger which was so not approved by Eunbi considering they'll be playing games later. 

"Did you eat breakfast?" Hyewon asks her, "I have more food." She offers some to her but Eunbi declines. 

"Are you excited?" Although Eunbi heard from Minjoo and Nako that Hyewon wasn't up for the games she wanted to hear it from her herself.

"I am, it's fun watching people play against each other. Not to mention the food today." Oh my god, the food, the school had so many stalls. "I just don't like how crowdy it'll get, it's hard to find others when there's so much people."

"Then stick close to me, that way you don't have to look for me." Eunbi knows the younger girl wasn't pertaining to her but she wanted to spend the day with her so might as well tell her to stick with her.

"Okay, but you're shorter than me. I might lose you." Hyewon jokes.

"By like a few inches! Jeez, I get enough teasing from Wonyoung and Yujin I don't need you to join them." 

"It's probably worse for Nako." They both laugh at that. They both head down to the rest of their classmates and form their lines, now all the students were inside the gym with their respective colors.

The student council president, Lee Kaeun, stands up on stage and gives off a speech about the sports festival, it's purpose, all the events happening, fairness, sportmanship, and having fun. The people from student council aren't allowed to participate in the games because they're also the ones who will monitor the event along with the teachers. Everyone claps when after she's done.

"Okay everyone... Let the games begin!"

________

Nako was part of volleyball, yes despite her short height she can play volleyball, she was their classes setter. Eunbi, Hyewon, and Minjoo were there cheering for her. Hyewon had her camera with her since Yuri asked if she could take some pictures and videos.

The enemy team serves the ball and is easily received by their team.

One touch.

The received ball is high up and Nako's getting in position to set it to their spiker, the ball reaches her fingers and she sets the ball with speed and accuracy.

Second touch.

Their spiker, Han Chowon, jumps with much power and spikes the ball down. The enemy team isn't able to get the ball thus giving a point to Purple team. 

So much cheers were made including from the three girls, "Wow. Chowon can really play." Hyewon says suddenly which Eunbi heard.

"You never noticed before?" Chowon was known by the whole school being the powerhouse of the team.

"I did. But this my first time seeing her play in an actual match, most of the time it's just volleyball practice."  Hyewon looks at the picture of Chowon she just took, it was when her palm was just about to hit the ball.

"You watch her play?"

"Not her specifically. I just wanted to see."

"See what?"

"If it's just like in the anime." Hyewon grins to her when she realizes the reason she was interested, the anime fan is no joke. 

The game continues and their team wins. (Sorry for not making the game longer haha I watch volleyball cuz my friends play it but I can't write what happens down). 

"Woahhhh! Nako you're so amazing!" Minjoo tells her with her surprised expression.

"You only noticed that now?" The shorter girl jokes. As they chat together Eunbi noticed that Hyewon keeps looking around, "Are you looking for someone?"

"Ummm no. I'm just seeing if there's anything that would make a nice photo." Hyewon continues looking around, she faces Eunbi and claps her hands, "Stay right there. The lighting is very good where you're standing and the background is nice." Hyewon puts her camera to her eye and let's the background fade a bit so that Eunbi is the only thing that's focused and takes a photo of a confused Eunbi.

"Why didn't you smile?" 

"You didn't tell me what to do, you just said to stand there." 

"Well it's a good thing you're pretty even if you don't smile. I'm jealous." Hyewon tells her. Eunbi doesn't understand since Hyewon herself is a beauty but then she realizes what she actually means. Hyewon didn't mean pretty as only in looks, but pretty in a way that people like you and want to be close to you. Hyewon, if she doesn't smile people already bad mouth her as emotionless or lazy.

"Well, if I'm pretty then Kang-chan is beautiful." 

Hyewon's ears turn red, "You don't mean that... Why do you only call me Kang-chan if we're alone?"

"Because if everyone calls you Kang-chan then it's not my nickname to call you. It's more special if only a small number of people call you it.

So to them, your Hyewon.

But to me your Kang-chan, the anime weeb." She finally jokes out.

Hyewon was feeling touched with Eunbi's words until the last two words, she unties the older girls shoe laces. 

"Yah! What the heck!" She was going to hit the younger girl but she missed.

"I told you not call me that. Now you're going to have to find me. I hope you trip but don't fall for anyone!" Hyewon runs/walks really quickly away while Eunbi is busy tying her shoe laces. The last words of Hyewon wasn't heard by the brunette.

"She said she hates crowds because it's hard to find people but here she is making it hard for me to find her." Eunbi mutters to herself and starts looking for the younger girl.

It wasn't much of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter