Chapter 14

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon was merely walking down the hallyway in the hospital her dad worked in, it was a normal day of helping out and doing rounds around the hospital. But it's when she sees a crowd forming outside a certain room that shakes her into fear. She runs towards the area and doesn't even bother to look in when she sees everyone crying outside the door.

"This isn't true." She tells herself as she shakes her head.

But she sees her father who's eyes were filled with sorrow, "Chaewon...." He calls out.

"No." She kept taking steps backwards in disbelief but when she was engulfed in a hug by her father, she shouts...

.

.

.

"YOU'RE WRONG!" Chaewon yells as she opens her eyes and notices that she stood up. Everyone in the class was looking at her with confusion while her teacher with anger.

"I'm wrong now is it? Would Ms. Kim like to correct me then." Anger was seething through his teeth as he spoke, Chaewon apologized before sitting back down.

It was dream. None of it was real.

When class ended Minjoo went up to her and asked what's wrong, "Are you okay? You seemed out of it today plus you shouted at our teacher, you're lucky he didn't hold it against you ." She placed her hand on the radish's forehead, her temperature seemed fine, "It's not like you to sleep in class, even if it is in the late afternoon."

Chaewon touches the hand on her forehead and intertwines them, "It's nothing, just a bad dream. Let's go?" They two head of the classroom and was ready to go home, well drop Minjoo off first then Chaewon can go home. They suddenly see Hyewon brisk walking pass them which reminds Chaewon about something.

"Minjoo, can you wait by the entrance? I'll have a short talk with Hyewon for awhile." Her girlfriend replied with a nod and kiss on cheek before leaving, Chaewon ran after her best friend.

"Hyewon! Wait up!" 

The said girl turns around and stops walking, "Hey Chaewon-ah! Are you okay? You seemed out of it today plus you shouted at our teacher, I'm so happy you did thoug, I was getting bored in his class." Hyewon  laughs as she places her hand on the younger girl's forhead, Chaewon felt goose bumps as Hyewon worried about her.

'​​​​​​Deja vu except Hyewon's reaction to the teacher was different.

"I'm fine. I just wanted to check on you that's all." She hugs the taller girl for a whole 5 seconds and lets go, she then brings out her phone and checks something. "Yup, everything is ok."

"What's up with that all of a sudden. It's normally me being the one to initiate these things."

"It's nothing."

Hyewon just smiles sheepishly as she watches Chaewon look at her phone, "If that's it, is it okay if I go now?" 

Chaewon looks up, "And what's gotten you in a hurry?" 

"I'm meeting Eunbi so that we can practice for the school end-of-the year festival." Hyewon replies nonchalantly. 

"Okay, have fun. By the way I-" Chaewon didn't get to finish because Hyewon sprinted out of there to go see Eunbi. "I'm getting a new phone.... Ehhh I'll just show it to her when I get it."

 

______

Eunbi was in the music room sitting on the piano stool, she was pressing random keys in hope to actually play a song. She frowns when all that she does sounds off, but she wasn't able to dwell on it because she feels someone cover her eyes.

"Really? Why are you so late even?" Eunbi asks not removing the hands covering her eyes.

"You're not gonna guess? Boring..." The voice says behind her, Eunbi rolls her eyes at the reply.

"Fineeee~ Is this Hyewon?" 

"There are many Hyewons in this school, which one?"

"Let's see, she's a quirky girl who likes food and video games over anything. She likes to stay quiet in most of the classes except when it comes to math. She also cried after the plane ride back home." Eunbi smiles as she answers.

"Hey! First of all, that's my first time experiencing a turbulence. Second, it was really strong and I thought we were gonna die." Hyewon defends herself.

She then slowly removes her hands, "I don't know which Hyewon you described but this Hyewon here is going to practice with you for many hours today and many days after that." The younger girl then sat down and put her hands over Eunbi's.

It was a like a scene from a movie where the two main characters are having a moment. Where one would teach the other how to play an instrument but the other is too busy staring to pay attention. That person staring was Eunbi. Her eyes were like magnets as she was pulled to look at Hyewon, her eyes, her small mole on her nose, her smile, her beautiful features. She feels stupid for never noticing the foodie before, she wondered what would have happened if they met sooner, like years sooner. They'd probably be something wouldn't they? Don't get Eunbi wrong, she still likes Chaeyeon but she's just thinking about the what ifs.

It's warm. Hyewon's hands are warm.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Eunbi snaps out of her thoughts and looks away from the younger girl, "S-sorry."

"It's okay, I'm not really a good teacher anyways." Hyewon removes her hands and starts playing a familiar song. "You can start by following what I do."

Eunbi does what's she told, "But why am I practicing this if you're the one going to play?" She asks in curiosity.

"I was thinking we'd play the beginning together and then later you'd stand up to sing." Hyewon replies, she makes sure to play slowly so that Eunbi could easily understand.

"That's a good idea."

"Of course, I made it-OUCH!" Hyewon just got pinched on the waist.

"Whatever smarty pants."

Eunbi hears the raven head laugh before focusing on playing the piano. The two decided to sing "Rewrite the Stars" from the movie The Greatest Showman. They both liked the meaning of the song plus it was something that everyone had heard of so it could easily catch the crowds attention.

"How's your dance with Chaeyeon?" Hyewon asks.

"It's going great, we'll be performing Be Natural by Red Velvet (originally by S.E.S). The choreography is kinda hard but it's really fun, it's a mature kind of dance that's shows elegant and smooth moves." 

"So it's a y dance?"

"No! Well... Kinda?

"Is this the one with the chairs?"

"Yup."

"Heehee, then I look forward to seeing that."

The two practice for about 2 hours and 30 minutes before deciding it's time to go home. They both pack their things and head out. They pass by some students working on painting a card board. 

"What's that for?" Hyewon asks Eunbi.

"Oh, it's for their class project for the festival. Don't you remember?" 

"Yeah.... What's our class project again?" Hyewon laughs nervously, because she obviously doesn't know.

Eunbi just gives the younger girl a 'are you serious?' look, she sighs, "It seems you weren't listening. Our class will be having a cafe and photography booth, we already decided on the menu and the decorations." 

That's right. Each class in the highschool department are required to come up with a booth (their class project) for the school festival, one class was a horror booth, another was a jail booth, some are food booths, and many more. Eunbi was looking forward to their last year, it was said that this year the festival will last until late evening unlike years before where it would end at the late afternoon.

"Photography?! Waaaaah! This is going to be so exciting!" Hyewon started to clap her hands and do little jumps of happiness, she started babbling about what she has in mind but Eunbi wasn't really listening. She was just so happy seeing Hyewon look so pumped up, although everyone voted for cafe she was able to convince their class to do a photo booth as well because she wanted Hyewon's skills to wow the others.

"Then you better take good photos or else there'll be no food for you." Eunbi threatens.

Hyewon playfully salutes, "Yes sir." She then links her arm with Eunbi's and together they walk to Eunbi's house. They were near the brunette's home when they see Yujin and Wonyoung outside the gate.

"Hey, what are you doing out here? It's late." Eunbi calls out to them as they wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter