Chapter 7

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the Sports Festival flew by very quickly, long story short, Purple Team won among all the 4th year classes. As for the 'date' of Eunbi and Hyewon, they haven't talked about it since Hyewon first told her during the race.

"Hi everyone, some of you may know me and some of you don't. But I'll introduce myself either way, I'm Kim Chaewon." The 'new' student bows lightly before the class.

"You don't want to say anything more?" Their teacher asks her.

"Nope."

"Okay, class who would like Ms. Kim as their seatmate?" A few hands shot up in the air, including Hyewon. Everyone's hand would've been raised if it weren't for Chaewon glaring at them as if daring them to raise it up. "Of course not that it matters, Ms. Kim will be the one to pick where she sits." 

So Chaewon pretends to look around the classroom as if she's having a hard time picking a seat. She spots Hyewon at the back of classroom with gleam in her eyes. Guess the older girl is excited to have a seatmate to casually talk to. Luckily after the sportsfest, some people tried to talk with Hyewon.

Chaewon felt a bit guilty with what she's about to do but she already made up her mind, she walks to the third row and picks the seat beside Eunbi. Hyewon seemed confused but she couldn't say anything since she's seated far away, Chowon who was Eunbi's seatmate had to transfer to the back beside Hyewon. 

"I hope you don't mind me sitting here?" Chaewon says but it's not like Eunbi could refuse since the girl already sat down. 

"I don't mind." 

"That's good, I look forward to this school year of being your seatmate." Chaewon smiles before facing front. Eunbi then looks back to see Chowon and Hyewon talking, probably about volleyball.

__________

"Hey... How come you didn't sit beside me?" Hyewon was constantly poking Chaewon's cheek, they were at the cafeteria with the rest of the gang. Yena and Yuri were talking about Chaewon to the people who didn't know her a.k.a Japanese line, while Eunbi listens to Minjoo talking about her foot that's still sprained.

"Well, I can't see in the back. And if I were to sit beside you I don't think I concentrate in class with you talking to me." 

"For your information, I am very quiet in class. And you don't need to see, you're smart for crying out loud!" Hyewon stops poking and starts to pinch the girls cheeks, when Chaewon makes a sound of pain Minjoo stops Hyewon by offering the girl some food.

"Eunbi-unnie are you going out after class? We still haven't gone to ColorZ Cafe to try out the new desserts there." The small Japanese girl asks her. Eunbi loves sweets, so she couldn't say no to this but before she could answer, someone beat her to it.

"Sheh akwachly zoes." Hyewon says with a muffled voice because of the food stuffed on .

"Swallow first." Chaewon scolds her.

Hyewon swallowed her food and wiped with tissue, "I said she actually does."

"I do?" This was the first time Eunbi was hearing this.

"Yeah. With me." Everyone stays silent for a moment until Hyewon yelps.

"Ouch!" Someone stepped on her foot and by judging the reactions of the people in their table it was probably Eunbi.

"That's right. Sorry Nako but I'm hanging out with Hyewon today. We can check the cafe later." Eunbi apologizes to the short girl but Nako didn't seem bothered instead she just gave a thumbs up to her. Eunbi let out a loud yawn, which went unnoticed by everyone except Hyewon who was secretly watching her.

When classes were resumed Hyewon tapped Chowon's shoulder, "Uhh is it okay if you switch places with Eunbi for awhile?"

"Sure. Why though?"

"Umm because Eunbi needs to copy some notes from me....." Hyewon couldn't come up with a proper reason but luckily Chowon agreed. So when Eunbi notices that the girl was seated at her usual spot she noticed Hyewon motioning her to come to the back.

"Why is Chowon in my spot?" She asks while she sits down.

"It's so that you can sleep in the back." 

"Sleep?! I'm not sleeping in class." Eunbi is a good student, she won't sleep during discussion, but it does sound pretty tempting, not to mention she didn't sleep well last night.

"It's okay, I'll make sure you won't get caught." Hyewon whispers as the teacher comes in. She puts the biggest book she has and let's it stand so that it can cover Eunbi's face. "Now close your eyes, you sleepyhead, I'll tell you all about our plans later when you're awake and not looking like a zombie."

As much as Eunbi wanted to hit the taller girl for calling her an ugly undead creature, she didn't have the energy to do so right now. So sleep hit her like a ton of bricks, she fell asleep immediately as she crossed her arms and lay down her head. Their teacher doesn't seem to notice since he's busy discussing in front about his life as if it were important but hey atleast they don't need to learn anything today. [This happens sometimes in school, I had a teacher like that and my whole class would encourage our teacher to talk more about her life so that we don't have to discuss hahaha]

Luckily for them that was there last class since the school decided to let them out early due to heavy rain that will hit them today. "Eun... Wake up." Hyewon shakes the older girl when all their classmates leave, as much as she'd like Eunbi to sleep more they had to go. Hyewon secretly (not so secretly since the older girl was asleep) took a photo of the sleeping girl.

"You have stop being so beautiful, at this rate my phone storage is going to be full with pictures of you..... Is that weird? I feel like that's weird.." Hyewon started talking to herself that she didn't notice that the brunette woke up.

"What are you talking about?" Eunbi sits up as she rubs her eyes. She notices that they're the only ones in room, "Class ended already?"

The younger girl explains to her that they were dismissed early due to the rain, "Does that mean we can't hang out today?"

"We can still, we just need transportation." The two pack their things and go to entrance of their school as they wait for Hyewon's driver to pick them up. The rain already started to fall from the sky, "It always rains when we're alone, doesn't it?" Eunbi says suddenly.

"It does?" 

"Yeah, when we got stuck in the rooftop, it rained that day too." Eunbi couldn't help but notice.

"Rain's nice anyways. Because after every rain there's a rainbow." Hyewon tells her, besides it's so nice to eat while it's raining, the cold atmosphere just makes her want to eat all the hot food there is.

"Hyewonie!" 

The two turn to see Chaewon walking towards them, they looked to see if Minjoo was with her, "If you're looking for my girlfriend she isn't with me. She went home early as so should you guys. Are you going out still?"

"Yup. No rain will stop us!" Hyewon with her Yangsan dialect making both girls laugh at her cute accent. 

"Anyways see you at home. Be safe you two!" Chaewon says before pulling out an umbrella.

"You're going to walk? You should just come with us." Eunbi calls out to the radish girl before she could walk away any further. If it's gonna rain hard soon she shouldn't be walking under it.

"It's okay, besides I don't think Hyewon would want me to interrupt your date." Both Eunbi and Hyewon turn red when they hear the word 'date'. 

"I-it's not a date! Besides Hyewon would be fine since you guys are best friends right?" She looks at Hyewon who was still blushing red. But the blushing girl didn't want Chaewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter