Chapter 15

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[TW] there will be parts that will be talking about suicide

__________________________________________________

Hyewon was busy tidying up some props, she looks at her phone to check the time. It seemed like she had a few minutes till it was Eunbi's turn to perform. She makes sure things are in order before telling her classmates that she'll leave early, she needed a nice seat to view the performance properly, lucky for her Yena and Yuri reserved her a spot but she had to hurry. She was speed walking to the gymnasium, where the school had placed a stage, when she saw a classroom selling flowers, she could stop for a moment to buy some.

______

Eunbi was already dressed up and now she felt all the nervousness and panick right now, she was bouncing her legs that Chaeyeon thought she was a rabbit. They were backstage waiting for their turn.

"Eunbi-ah, it'll be fine. You're going to be great." The feather-like girl reassures with a smile. "You practiced really hard for this, your hard work won't be in vain." Chaeyeon cups the older girl's cheek, Eunbi leaned into her touch.

"I know but... I just don't want to mess up since this is our first performance together." Eunbi says making Chaeyeon laugh. She squeezes both the girl's cheeks, "Aigoo! My Eunbi is so cute! But this won't be our last."

Eunbi slaps her hands away feeling flustered, "Yeah, yeah. Go fix your makeup." She said, she needs some time alone to get it together. Chaeyeon understanding left but not before giving Eunbi one last hug and kiss on the cheek.

The brunette sighs before she started thinking about the what ifs. It was until she hears someone talk to her that pulls her out.

"Is your makeup supposed to be that much? Your cheeks are red." Eunbi looks to see Hyewon standing before her. She places her hands on her cheeks, "Are they that red?" Eunbi asks.

"Kinda, but I meant that you were blushing, your makeup's fine. Y-you look really beautiful by the way." Hyewon says shyly making Eunbi's cheeks redden even more.

"T-thanks."

There was a few seconds of silence before Hyewon remembers why she came her in the first place, "I got you these!" The younger girl shows the bouquet of roses she hid behind her back. She handed them to Eunbi before coughing awkwardly.

"I saw these and I thought why not buy them for you. I just came by to give it to you and wish you and Chaeyeon good luck." Hyewon says before turning around to walk away, but she feels her wrist being held by a warm hand.

"Thank you Kang-chan." 

"Haha! It's no problem, I'm pretty rich so I can buy you even more if you want."

Eunbi shakes her head, "Not that... Thank you for everything you've done. I'm even more excited to perform with you later." 

Hyewon smiles back at her but Eunbi feels like something was off with it, "I should be the one thanking you..." Hyewon whispers.

"What did you say?" The shorter girl didn't quite hear that.

"Nothing." Hyewon pats her head affectionately, "I'll look forward to your dancing, this is my first time."

"No it isn't." 

The raven head tilted her head in confusion, "I saw you dancing before? I don't remember going to any of your practices." 

"No silly, when we got stuck at the rooftop. I made you dance with me."

It was turn for Hyewon's cheeks to turn red as roses, "Oh that... Ahh I'm so embarrassed." Hyewon covers her face thinking back at that moment, it was when she feels something being placed in her hair that makes her look up.

Eunbi just placed a rose at her, "Beautiful like you." 

Hyewon doesn't process the words properly because Eunbi's face was so close to hers. She moves back before running away. Eunbi laughs at her reaction, looking forward to seeing the younger girl in the crowd.

_____

As Hyewon runs away, her heart beats very quickly and it's scaring her. She stops by at one of the empty hallways to catch her breath. "Eunbi isn't good for my heart." She laughs at her words while removing the flower from her hair to look at it. Once she calmed down she turns to go to her seat but there was a figure blocking her way.

An angry girl called Kim Chaewon.

"C-chaewon? What are you doing here? We have to hurry or else we'll miss Eunbi's performance." Hyewon says as she tries to hold the girl's hand only to get rejected.

"ARE YOU STUPID?!"

Chaewon's loud voice startles Hyewon. The pink haired girl grabs the shoulders of her best friend and looks directly at the girl's eyes.

"WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK THAT?!" Hyewon believes that she's not talking about the performance. It's when Chaewon starts crying that she understands.

"I r-read your letter, and I hate you!" Chaewon cries hitting the older girl repeatedly, but not that hard.

"I go abroad learning and thinking that one day I can find a way to help you. Knowing that every hour, minute, and second matters. And I come back only to know that you didn't want any of that?! Were you actually giving up?!" Her hits stopped when Hyewon holds her hands, "Did we not mean that much to you? Were we not enough of a reason?" 

Hyewon's heart breaks at the sight of her best friend breaking down, "I just lost sight of myself, I didn't want to burden anyone anymore... After Sakura left, I thought everyone else would too, so..... So I thought maybe I should be the one to leave first." She tried to explain but it was hard when she herself started crying.

"You're not a burden, you never were, and never will be. Sakura left because of our parents!" Hyewon's eyes widen in shock.

"They knew what would happen if you continued being with her and they didn't want that, they told her to leave and not tell you anything because they knew you'd find a way to go to her. Sakura told this to me only recently, and that was why I became nicer to her because I knew it wasn't her fault."

Hyewon lets the information sink in and starts to cry even more, she feels like an absolute jerk and b**** for ever thinking Sakura would hurt her like that on purpose. She feels like all those years of anguish and hatred were useless. Sakura didn't deserve that, it was Hyewon's own fault for being so weak.

"Don't ever think of doing that ever again okay? We still have time, I promised I'll find a way to help you live longer!" Chaewon says with hope and determination making Hyewon feel even worse. Hyewon hands her phone to the younger girl.

"W-what?" Chaewon stares at the object.

"Open the app..."

Chaewon follows the order and points the phone towards Hyewon, what she saw on screen made her drop the phone. "You're lying... Tell me you're lying!!!" Chaewon grabs Hyewon's collar, "I checked you this morning you had 2-3 more years..." Her voice cracks, "Why is it like this?"

"When I got your phone before, I hacked the app so it would show a different number. I didn't want you to worry about me."

"And now what?! I won't be able to worry about you ever again?" Chaewon doesn't understand, she really doesn't. Her best friend, the one she's working so hard to save, wanted to kill herself. "How? What made you change your mind? I have to know!"

It di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter