Chapter 2

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon was silently staring at her lockscreen, it was the photo she took yesterday of Eunbi; she's scared that someone might look at it but then again there's nothing to hide, it's just a photo right? Hyewon believes that she made it her lockscreen because it was nice a photo as a whole and not because Eunbi was in it.

But she couldn’t help but admire how pretty Eunbi’s backside is, so how much more her front? Her admiration was stopped when her phone started ringing, it was Yena.

”Hello, ducky.” Hyewon says as she answers her phone.

”Hello~! Where are you? I’ve been walking around the entire school looking for you!” A loud voice was heard.

”Liar, you probably just searched the cafeteria.” Hyewon replies as she stands up from the floor. She was just sitting down by the stairs leading to the rooftop. 

“You got me. I’m not wrong though, the cafeteria is the entire school for you. Where are you? I miss you~” Yena whines with aegyo.

”Ewww, please don’t sound like that. Just get to the point, I know you’re just using me so you can talk to Yuri. What did you do this time?”

Jo Yuri, Hyewon’s younger friend that is also Yena’s girlfriend. Hyewon got to know her as she hanged out with the duck. Now back to the conversation, Yena is well.... Yena, she gets into a lot of trouble every now and then and that includes things with her girlfriend. The reason why she needs Hyewon is because Yuri adores and completely loves her (but not as much as she loves Yena of course).

”You know me so well. You see I accidentally ripped her music notes and she needed those for the upcoming music festival.....”  Yena was watching Yuri practice her singing for the music festival that would be happening in a few months, she would watch her practice. But Yuri would practice almost all the time if she wasn’t studying or doing student council work, so Yena wanted for her to take a break. Yuri obviously didn’t want to thus they ended up having a tug of war with the younger girl’s notes getting ripped at the end.

“Fine. But you have to come and find me in 3 minutes or I won’t help you.” Hyewon ends the call before she could hear a reply. She walks into the empty hallway in the fourth floor wondering what to do before Yena can find her. Hyewon is pretty tired, she needs her 'charge'. She walking absent minded that she almost bumped a wall luckily someone pulled her back before she could.

"Watch where you're going. Are you okay?" Hyewon turns around to see Eunbi looking worried.

"...... Weren't you upstairs?" Hyewon tilts her head in confusion, which Eunbi finds cute. '​​​​​She looks like a hamster.'

"The fact that you know that I was up there tells me you're stalking me. I went down since the weather doesn't seem that good today." Eunbi says, "What are you doing here?"

Hyewon didn't answer, there's no way that she would tell the older girl that she went here just to check on her. "I was looking for a place to sit."

"There's alot of seats in the classroom." Eunbi states the obvious, "But I get it, you just want to get away from everyone right?"

"Right." Well kinda right. Hyewon still feels pretty tired so she unconsciously held Eunbi's hand. The latter was shocked with Hyewon's actions but didn't show any sign of resistance, in fact Hyewon's hand feels warm.

"A-are you okay?" Eunbi stutters as Hyewon shows no sign of letting go.

"Yeah I'm okay now." Hyewon gives a small smile at her. Hyewon could feel herself regain some energy. As for Eunbi, she's wondering if the younger girl is okay. Why would she want to hold her hand? Maybe because of the lack of affection? Eunbi's train of thought was going everywhere and came to a conclusion that the younger girl was acting like this is because she's lonely and needs some friends.

"I'll become your best friend." Eunbi says aloud her thought. She quickly turns red in embarrassment. Hyewon's eyes widen in surpise confused why would she say that all of a sudden.

"That's cute but-" Hyewon slowly let's go of Eunbi's hand.

"KWANGBAE!!!" A loud voice came from down the hall and the two turn their heads to the direction and see a figure coming closer. Hyewon knew it who it was and was excited to see her friend, while Eunbi could only see a duck waddling quickly to where they were.

'​​​​​​'Kwangbae? Who's that? Hyewon?'

Yena stopped running right when she reaches them and is shocked to see Hyewon with someone else and not just anyone else, but Kwon Eunbi. Eunbi is pretty famous in school for her brains and beauty (not to mention she's pretty athletic). "Hi there, I'm Choi Yena, Hyewon's best friend." She introduced herself and offers a handshake.

"I'm Kwon Eunbi, uhh Hyewon's classmate." Eunbi says as she returns the handshake. Hyewon who was just standing still there walked slowly behind Yena, she wrapped her arms around the younger girl's waist and had her chin tucked on her shoulder, she was backhugging the girl.

"What percent are you?" Yena asks while Eunbi is left in confusion. Was she talking about a phone?

"35%" Hyewon mutters making Yena laugh, her best friend is low on 'battery' and she feels a bit bad since she hasn't been hanging out with the hamster in a while.

"What does she mean?" Eunbi asks not wanting to be left out.

"Kwangbae here," Yena points her head to Hyewon, "Is a skinship person, she can't go a day without it. She has to have skinship at least once a day or else she'll be grumpy. So skinship is like battery to her." 

Eunbi looks at Hyewon who was still backhugging Yena, she could see that Hyewon was smiling and enjoying the hug. Eunbi didn't take the girl to be fond of skinship, she imagines the girl to be stiff as a statue if someone were to hug her. But here is the opposite, Hyewon is the one that initiated it.

"Infact, let me tell you a funny story." Yena couldn't wait to tell funny stories about Hyewon to someone else besides Yuri and Chaewon. "I dared her not to have skinship for 5 days, which means no hugging, hand holding, arm linking, nothing! You should of seen it, Hyewon was dying!" Yena laughs as Hyewon recalls that horrible memory, she even brought a pillow in school so she could hug it to appease her pain.

"After the dare was done, she grabbed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter