Chapter 11

Time Will Never Kill the True Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wished for you to be my girlfriend."

Eunbi stares at Chaeyeon, is she hearing things right? Last time she checked she wasn't deaf and she can hear properly, but she couldn't believe her ears. Maybe the fates were being nice to her.

Eunbi laughs it off, "Why would you wish for something like that?" She waves her hand in the air emphasising that what the feather said was crazy.

Chaeyeon hold Eunbi's hand, "I'm not joking. I really want to be with you Eunbi. I-I l-like you." Chaeyeon was mentally hitting herself for stuttering, where did her confidence go?

"Y-you do?" It was Eunbi's turn to stutter. "Since when?" 

This is it. It was Chaeyeon's time to put everything on the table. "I saw you dancing in one of our studios at school, I didn't want to interrupt you so I stood by the door and watched you (I don't mean to sound like a stalker TT^TT). I was mesmerized by the way you danced, I wanted to talk to you but I was too scared. When you left I promised myself that I will find out who you are."

"When I met you again, I was sure I saw an angel. You were so beautiful and that was the first time you met me properly right? I was frozen when we met."

Eunbi giggled at the memory, one of her classmates told her someone was looking for her. When she went outside of the classroom Chaeyeon was fidgeting in her place but when the younger girl looked at her she just stood frozen. What a coincidence, they both liked each other because of each other's dancing.

"Ahhh don't laugh, it was so embarrassing!" Chaeyeon hits Eunbi's arm, "When I found out that you weren't in any clubs, I promised myself that I will convince you to join the dance troop. You don't know how happy I was when you said you wanted to join. I wanted to hug you so badly but we weren't close then, but when you joined we started hanging out more and we grew closer, my feelings grew as well. Then I decided that I wanted to be with you, I want to be more than friends."

Eunbi tried not to break into a smile but she ended up failing miserably. She smiles at the younger girl before replying, "I feel the same way."

Chaeyeon's eyes widen in surprise, "Really?!" When she sees Eunbi nod her head Chaeyeon lets go of her hand and jumps in place out of happiness. Eunbi laughs at her actions.

"You didn't know? I was trying to get you to like me, Hyewon even came up with idea to make a plan for you to fall for me." Eunbi says in embarrassment.

"She did? The why did Hy- Nevermind." Chaeyeon intertwines their hands and looks at Eunbi's eyes, "Then you like me back?"

"Yes, I like you Chaeyeon."

Eunbi was then was lifted up from her feet and was spun around by Chaeyeon. "You're gonna make me dizzy, put me down." Eunbi tried to sound stern but she ended up laughing with Chaeyeon's contagious laugh.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Chaeyeon asks the million dollar question.

"Put me down first."

"Not until you answer me."

.

.

.

"Yes."

It's amazing how a simple word can change someone's life. Chaeyeon brings Eunbi back to the ground and hugs her. Eunbi was blushing madly at what just happened and to make her even more red Chaeyeon surprised her with a kiss on the cheek.

The younger detached herself from the hug and ran to the sea, "Chayeon where are you going? You're gonna get wet!" Eunbi yells.

"EUNBI IS MY GIRLFRIEND! The person I like is officially mine! I'm the luckiest person in the world!" Chaeyeon yells to the night sky.

Eunbi was smiling at her girlfriend's words, she brought her hand up to her chest, "So this is what it feels like to have a girlfriend huh?" 

But then she remembered Hyewon and what she told her earlier, Hyewon likes her. Hyewon liked her like how she liked Chaeyeon. Eunbi's smile ended up as a frown.

What's going to happen to the younger girl now? She pushed aside her feelings so that Eunbi could be happy with someone else. How is she ever going to make it up for the younger girl? Then she realizes something.

"Hyewon knew about Chaeyeon's plan to confess to me. That's why she wanted to tell me her feelings..." She touched her lips, the ones that were captured by Hyewon moments before. "Don't let it affect my decision? Wasn't my decision always a yes? Then why does my heart hurt right now when I'm supposed to be happy? Hyewon..." Eunbi talks to herself while staring at the night sky.

__________

When they got back to school Eunbi noticed that Hyewon was avoiding her. Well that's good for her because she had no idea what to say if they were together. But they both knew they needed to talk. 

Eunbi was shocked as much as everyone else in the classroom when Sakura announced that Hyewon was her fiance. Was she lying? Hyewon never told her about this but yet again they haven't talked in awhile.

Hyewon stands up from her chair while the rest of the class watch her every movement, the raven head just pulled Sakura's hand and walked out of the classroom. Chaewon tried to follow them but their teacher told her to sit down. Eunbi saw how fuming mad Chaewon that she was afraid to ask her about what just happened. They continued the class without the two engaged girls.

When the class ended, the two weren't back yet and it was already break time. All her classmates went gossiping right after the teacher took a step out of their class, she bets the teacher is the same, running to tell the other teachers what just happened. She didn't want to listen to any of the gossip so she stood up to go outside, she noticed that Chaewon was already gone.

"Eunbi! Is it true?" She turned around to see Chaeyeon running up to her.

"About what?" What a dumb question, she already knows what Chaeyeon was talking about.

"That Hyewon is engaged to the new girl?" Damn. News spread quickly as wildfire at school. Eunbi replies a small yes and Chaeyeon just gasps in reply.

"I didn't know Hyewon liked someone!" 

'She does like someone but that someone is me... I don't even know if she likes that Sakura girl.'

"Yeah well Hyewon is very secretive isn't she?" Chayeon laughs in response before giving Eunbi a rose. The older girl likes the fact that even when they got together Chaeyeon didn't stop with the letters and flowers. Eunbi really appreciated the time Chaeyeon has spent for her.

_________

When Sakura was pulled by Hyewon, she was then brought to a garden at the back of the school. Hyewon was shaking in her place and Sakura was afraid to go near her, the younger was like a bomb that was going to explode. 

"Kang-chan... I'm sorry."

"What are you doing here?" Sakura could tell by her voice that she trying her best not to shout at her, but she'd rather take a shouting Hyewon then a sad one. "You told me that you weren't ever coming back to Korea."

Sakura didn't answer, she wanted the younger girl to say what she wanted first. 

"You left me. You didn't contact me just like what you wrote in your letter. Then why? Why are you back? Don't you know how heartbroken I was when you left me? I couldn't sleep for days, I was depressed, I never left my room, I barely ate. I transferred to a different school because I couldn't stand being in the school where we met, where our memories were."

"In this school, you know what they called me? A robot. Because I had the same expression on my face every single day. And do you the reason for that? You! I wouldn't smile anymore, I didn't even bother and I didn't have any friends beside Chaewon, Yena, and Yuri. And it's because of them that my life wasn't as miserable."

Every word was hurting Sakura as Hyewon talked about her life when she left.

"In this school year, I slowly became happier and that's because of one person. And that person made my life less cold. Just as I was getting over you, the person I liked is now with someone else and I helped her get into that relationship. Now my heart is broken again, and now you're back? It's like the world wants me to suffer, the 2 people I like are the 2 people I can't be with. But I'm going to marry and I don't know what to feel."

Sakura was sadden to hear that Hyewon liked someone else, but she was gone for two years, they weren't together anymore. The younger girl had the right to like anyone she wanted.

Hyewon remembered her parent calling her after school, telling her that they had something important to talk about. They told her about their plans with her marriage because her final year in highschool is almost done. She knew that this talk was coming but it still hurt her hearing it from her parents. 

She wanted to ask Eunbi about this, but there was no way that Eunbi was going to say yes to her in marriage, Chaewon had Minjoo, who else was there?

Her mom said that the person she was going to marry was someone she already knows, not that it helped or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter