► ♪♫ 2 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f792d62626b497948566e43586f413d3d2d3733303532393932332e313539643530656238353763303533313539343635333739363336332e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

"MOMO! What the heck?!"
"Hiii Mina chan!" She hugged me as I let go of the bat
"You guys.."

"Momo, you sure are late.." Sana crossed her arms
"I am sorry, My baggage took time from the claiming thingy... anyway, how are you two doing here?"
"We are doing fine- Here let me help."
"Thanks Mina- So can someone explain why is the weather so hot in here?"
"It's summer Momoring" Sana laughed "It is normal like that"

"Phew! It's normally hotter in Japan but this weather is fine.."
"Oh hey- Mina and I cooked something, let's go eat."
"ohh! So that's why you suddenly wanted to cook.."
"I thought you'd notice it Minari" Sana laughed

We began setting up the table and dropped Momo's baggage at the living room.

"Ha! now I get it why you did not want to practice with ThinkBlack today"
"ThinkBlack? What is that?" Momo asked
"Oh That's Sana's Idol group name, she's debuting next month."
"Hey! That is great!- How come you haven't debuted yet Minari?"
"Oh well.."
"She left YG Momoring"
"Why?!"
"I just did not feel like I fit there at all.. but I am happy with what I have.. so don't worry.."
"Oh and yes.. she also has that hot loving boyfriend from Thailand too" Sana smirked
"Ew?! Did you just call him hot?"
"Is he not?" Sana wiggled her eyebrows up and down nudging onto me.

"Tell me Minari, have you two done it?"

The moment I heard her ask that question, my body had to burst out the juice I was drinking through my nose. and Hell! it hurts!

"WHAT?! MOMO!"
"Hey! Just spill it- but please not literally.. EW Mina!- and look... we've been friends for what- since we were 5?"
"YEAH! BUT NO! WHAT?! Why is this information important??"

We began laughing and started talking about how we were doing here in Seoul. We began catching up to our life's progress.

"Speaking of which? Wait a minute? Why are you here?"
"uh well..." Momo began to hesitate but she told us anyway "I am kind of fed up with all this fame you know?"
"The dance Machine.. doesn't like fame and got fed up of dancing..? classic" Sana scoffed
"No?! It's not the dancing, it's not the crowd.. It's not the fans.. Don't get me wrong I loved being a SPICE.. It's just.. something is missing.."
"and that would be?"
"Real people.."
"what?"

Momo hanged her head as she distant herself from us. Sana and I looked at each other glumly.

"Momoring.. you know we are here for you?.." Sana sighed
"Yeah.. what's wrong.."

"It's just.. people are people, because you are something to them. They need you.. but behind all those camera works everything is just a scheme, a skit. No one knows what happens after the shooting, after the rehearsals, during the practice sessions.. No one.. I just needed time to find real people to talk to.."
"This is why you are here?" Momo nodded as tears slowly flows down her eyes.
"I just needed real people once in a while.."

She bawled her eyes the entire night til morn, comforting a friend of ours who had suffered sadness, the main dilemma of a celebrity. This is why I had second thoughts on that entertainment gig, but somehow, It is something I really wanted to do. Probably, Momo's industry was just toxic enough for her to feel this way.. I don't think it happens to everyone.. right?

The next morning, the sun was shining bright onto my face. I sprawled out my arms and began to stretch as I see Momo in the middle of Sana and I. The smile on my face was idiotic when I saw Momo was actually here and whatever happened last night was not just a dream. I stood up with half of my eyes opened and began to use the toilet and do whatever business I have in there. In a few moments, I saw Momo and Sana hugging each other with Sana's leg crossed over Momo's body.

"cute" I mumbled and yawned

I walked up to them and sat on the bed trying to wake them up, but they just wouldn't move
"Seriously?"

I sighed and just laid beside Momo, relaxed nothing to worry about. Then I remembered to check if Bambam messaged me last night. He slept alone so I am wondering how he is doing.

As soon as I checked my phone as I was still half awake, I saw the time it was 9:00 in the morning.

"Oh wow, it's 9:00 am..." my brain had to buffer it for a moment to see the day "HOLY CRAP! IT'S 9:00 AM!! !"

I jolted out of my position and began packing for my stuff
"OYYY! SHIBA!!! ARE YOU COMING WITH ME TO WORK?"

Sana growled did not answer me

"SANA! It's 9:00am don't you have work?"

She immediately opened her eyes and jolted up.

"9:00 AM?! WHATTT!!!"
"Exactly! - I am Leaving! Bye Momoring!" She waved at me half asleep

"Momo! Get up!"
"I don't have work you idiot! Let me sleep!"

Their conversation faded as I left the house.

I began running through the alley way trying to figure out a good shortcut.
"Omygod Mina! You are at it again! First day to work.. really.." I mumbled to myself.

I haven't taken a bath, ate breakfast and now.. well now you can find me climbing the fence to get to the other side of the road.
"Okay? If I go this way, It's.. faster.. Holy crap! Holy crap!"

My phone began to ring and It's Keila. Someone who introduced me to Oh! Boy Studios.

"Crap! - Hello?"
(Mina! Are you trying to get yourself fired?)
"No! I am on my way!"
(You should've been here an hour ago you idiot!)
"I know I am sorry! is she there?"
(No! but you better hurry, she is on her way)
"Oh really? I can make it!"
(10 minutes Mina! I'll cover for you if she comes early! hurry up you stupid penguin!)

That was Keila, a good friend of mine who happens to land a job in Oh! Boy studios. She was a freelancer like I am, oh and have I mentioned she was neighbor? no? well now you know.

"Ah! Excuse me!"
"Hey! watch where you are going!"
"I am sorry!!"

I kept running and climbing fences just to get on the other side. Luckily Korea has all open alleys to get a shortcut, but I should not be thankful yet.

"I got 5 more minutes before I get my kicked! Ah! the park! I could just... you know I'll rent a bike! that!"

"excuse me. whole day. fast!"
"Got you miss- here you go."
"Thanks!"

Five minutes is fast, but if i bike through the park I can get there.. I gotta be hella fast! The wind began blowing through me, the sea can be seen from my right side, but I have no time to-

"WATCH OUT!" The person slid sideways but her papers were all scattered

"HEY!! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU IDIOT!!"
"I'M SO SORRY!" The girl kept cycling away

"Geeze, People these days, don't even have the audacity to stop and say sorry.."

*picking up the scattered papers*
*sigh*

I bumped into someone but I did not bother dropping or even slowing down my speed for her

I bumped into someone but I did not bother dropping or even slowing down my speed for her. Oh geeze, I think I messed up something. I'm sorry woman! but I need to get to work!

I began running through the building, left the bike locked by the post.

"Mina! Finally!" Keila shouted

*huff* *huff*
"Is she here?" I puffed for air as I bent with both my arms placed on my knees
"Yes, she's been waiting.. you are at least 5 mins late.. don't worry I wont tell"
"Thanks Keila.."

We walked down the hall and onto the elevator as I continued to catch my breathe slowly.

"better perk up, she is gonna get mad.."
"I thought you said she won't.."
"She may or may not, but just take it.. by the way.. If you'll stay up all night doing IT.. might as well tell your boyfriend to slow it down cause it's a weekday and you have work? I mean, you two need to set a time for that." Keila laughed
"Wait.. what did you just say?"

*ding*
"Oh here we are..-" Keila walked

"Good morning Ms. Fitz, Mina has arrived" Keila bowed and left.
"G-Good mor-"
"Ms. Miyoui, Is it your job to make me wait every time I ask you to report to work?"
"N-No Ma'am.."
"This is your first day, and I expected you to at least be cautious of your time.."
"I .. am sorry."
"Sorry won't cut it.. my time is too precious, yet you make me wait."
"I-"
"You are lucky that your designs are unique, or else I could have just fired you right right away.."

Did.. did she just say my designs are unique? I just remained quiet with my head hanged low. Ms. Kellie sighed and began talking again

"Any way, The president would want a new design this week, apparently his daughter is the one who should show you around and accompany you, because you are working directly with her."
"His daughter?"
"Yes. She has an absolute creative mind but well, she seems to not get along with her father.. More the now, her father wants her to run the business.. but it seems it is not of her interest."
"oh.."
"No worries, We shall introduce you to her once she is found.. but for now, Chan-woo here will show you around and he will be your mentor for the duration of your work while the president's daughter is not around."

"Hello Ms. Miyoui, Nice to meet you" He bowed so formally
"Go ahead, show her around and make sure she knows all the procedure, rules and regulations that runs in this business."
"Where is she designated Ms. Fitz"
"She is direct with the president's daughter, so make sure she knows everything from Rank D to Rank S before she meets her"
"Noted Ms. Fitz" He bowed once again and gestured me to follow him "Right this way."

"Thank you Ms. Fitz"
"Ms. Miyoui, I have high expectations of you. this is your first warning.."
"Understood Ms. Fitz"

I bowed and left together with Chan-woo.

***

I picked up my papers that fell to the ground because of this person who just rushed through me without even apologizing, the audacity of her


I picked up my papers that fell to the ground because of this person who just rushed through me without even apologizing, the audacity of her. If i find her she is dead meat!

*picking up the soaked papers*
"Ew... gross... seriously.. I worked 2 weeks for this piece.." I sighed groggily

I returned back to my post and waited for people to pass, It seems oddly quiet today, it is relaxing to be honest.
"Hey! Chaeyoung!"
"oh hey Lisa!"
"Still here I see?"
"Yeah I still needed the money.."
"Look, just accept Jennie and I's offer.. we have a place for you to sta-"
"I am fine Lisa, Thank you for the offer" Lisa sighed and scratched her nape.

The name is Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung. I am an aspiring painter and photographer. How i loved creating art and something that amazes people in their stead. You can say.. I am somewhat independent? Not exactly, I still get support from my family, but I just wanted to live in a life that I could do.. what I wanted to do.

"Well okay then, how bout sell me one of those paintings?"
"You sure you wanna buy them?"
"Yeah, how much is a piece?"
"100,000 KRW ..." I hanged low
"Oh? well here you go then. Oh and here is a little something too, grab something to eat at least, don't work too hard." she handed me 300,000 KRW
"Really? Wait? Lisa are you su-"
"yeah kid. just take it. And please think about our offer, we got an attic for you to stay in just in case you want somewhere to live at."
"Thank you so much Lisa!"
"Take care Chae!" She waved away carrying my portrait piece

That there is Lisa, A good friend of mine. She helped me find work that would suit my living, a place to stay and she buys me food too. She has a girlfriend named Jennie, oh how are they so sweet to each other, I am jealous of the two love birds, Yet they have to hide their relationship because those two are an upcoming Idol.

"Excuse me, Miss?"

"Yes Ma'am!"

***


"Phew! What an exhausting day!"
"I see you enjoyed your first day Ms. Miyoui?"
"Hey Keila- Hell yeah! Who knew you have a lot of process to do before the final release?!"
"HAHA! It is not just all fun and games isn't it?"
"You can say that again..- ow! my feet hurts.."
"You'll get used to it, you'll be walking around and standing most of your hours.."
"2 things I hate.. in one combo.. great."
"You are funny. well where are you going now? is your boyfriend picking you up?"
"uh no..- speaking of."

I've been wondering all this time what she meant by me staying up so late last night. What was Bambam doing? To think.. he hasn't replied to any of my messages since last night. i wanted to ask her what she meant by staying up all night.. Did she mean nights.. in general. or just LAST Night?

"Mina?.. Mina!"
"oh.. oh.." I instantly snapped off my trance
"you were saying?"
"Oh right.. uh.. you mentioned.. this morning.. about me staying up all night with my boyfriend?"
"Oh right yeah" She smirked and nudged "You two must love doing it, that you just wouldn't stop" She laughed again
"Ha.ha.ha. i am so sorry if we disturbed you.."
"No worries, haha. but you should really tell your boyfriend last night, he seems to be growling a lot" She laughed "You should.. you know, lessen with the biting and do more of the suc-"
"okay! okay! haha! i get it.. Did we keep you up all night last night?"
"Kinda? I mean, I understand.. Living with your boyfriend should be amazing haha. but you don't have to worry, You two were not that loud last night, just a bit of banging of the bed?" She laughed
"Oh..."

"Oh hey! here's my ride!- would you want to come with? since we are neighbors?"
"oh no, I have to do some errands first, you can go ahead.."
"alright then! I'll see you tomorrow Mina! Take care!" She waved as she rode her booked taxi and I waved back at her trying to keep up with the smile.

I began to look at my phone, and yet still no messages from Bambam. I clicked around and began calling him but there wasn't any answer.

"Geeze, Bam.. what are you doing? where are you.."

I sat on the fountain center as I stare onto my phone. The night breeze was cold and street lamps focused. People in the park are still walking around enjoying the tranquility it has to offer, while here I am.. very.. very.. very disturbed.
I began clicking to my phone once again and tried to call Sana if she answers, I really need someone right now..

*dialing* *beep*
"Hello, this is Sana, I am sorry that I am quite busy right now, but please leave a message after the beep and I'll-"

*drops*

Okay.. great, I'm sure Momoring  doesn't have a phone yet.. so, Let's try Bambam once again..

*dialing*

No answer.. as expected.. I did mention I will be busy soon and I am staying over in Sana's house.. but.. that doesn't mean.. no.. he couldn't.. could he?..

I mumbled through my thoughts and laid back at the fountain while looking up at the stars in the sky. How I wish, this is all just a lie..

How I wish, this is all just a lie


"Thank you for your purchase sir. Please come back again"

I bowed and looked at the money that I earned with a smile
"Okay, this can last me probably another week!" I smiled "Good job Chaeyoung for selling at least 5 of your paintings!- I should really be proud of myself" I stood confidently monologing to myself as I patted myself to congratulate for the successful day.

"Well.. time for another painting so I can sell them next week.."

I smiled and sat down, trying to look around for an inspiration to draw. The stars looks wonderful tonight so, I am hoping to get a better view of the moon light. I faced on my right side and placed my canvas to my front, and began to scan pictures in my memory for a good portrait.

"Wait a second?.."

I squinted forward to see a girl with a black and white striped hoodie on the other side of the fountain. All I could see is her back but that back looked familiar.. REALLY FAMILIAR.. where have I seen her? I knitted my eyebrows trying to figure out where I saw this girl from and It struck me.

~~

"WATCH OUT!"

"HEY!! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU IDIOT!!"
"I'M SO SORRY!"

~~

"THAT'S HER!!- Well time to pay lady!!"

Chaeyoung began moving towards the girl from behind with her eyes furrowed, scowling in emotion


Chaeyoung began moving towards the girl from behind with her eyes furrowed, scowling in emotion. As she moved around to see the girl who ruined her work. She was surprised to see the girl in tears flowing from the side of her eyes.

"She.. she's crying?"

Chaeyoung watched from the side wondering if the girl would ever be okay as she sees her stares up the sky as if she is wishing for something she would ever want. Chaeyoung knitted her brows and began returning to her post taking a pencil and a sketch pad with her and sat across the girl's side. She began sketching her, picturing her under the moonlight, eradicating her tears and turning her frown upside down. making her smile in the sketch. She spent about 20 mins, coming up with a rough sketch of the girl.

"and done.. that's enough.." She smiled at her piece "see you look better smiling- damn she is pretty.." she mumbled to herself and began walking towards her but as soon as she turned the girl was gone.

"What?- now where did she go?"

Chaeyoung looked around her but then the girl could not be found.
"Okay? well at least i got a rough sketch of you.. huh- I wonder if I'll see you again?" She began smiling as she stared onto her sketch.