► ♪♫ 1 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f53436150344e755a4459565849673d3d2d3732343735313636322e313539643433386635653534663732303730333338393039363536332e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

"Oh no! I am late! Gosh dang it!"

I jolted up as soon as I saw the time on my phone.

"It's 8:30! how the hell did I not hear that alarm go off? ugh!" I began running up and down of my apartment room. Grabbed that sandwich my boyfriend left for me and ran out while fixing up my blouse and hoisting up my bag.


"Mina? are you leaving already?"
"Yes auntie! love you bye!"
"Wait you forgot- oh never mind"

My name is Mina, Mina Miyoui. I am an independent 22 year old girl living in Seoul. The heart of Korea. Honestly I am not Korean at all. I am a Japanese. My parents- well, let's just say they weren't supportive of me at all. I wanted to be an artist, a singer, a dancer.. an entertainer! - at least i thought I would be..

"Hey Mina! running late again I see"  the pastry chef called out to me.

"Hey there Mr. Jones! Bye Mr. Jones!"
"You take care Mina!"
"Thank you!"

I waved as I ran without looking back at him. He knows how tardy I could be - "I really need to fix that" I sighed.

You see, I live alone.. My family lives in Japan. I forced myself to come to Korea when I passed the YG Entertainment Audition which was held in Japan. However, I was stuck in just being a trainee and a model of random commercials for at least 3 years. I thought leaving the company would benefit me and find another entertainment company that would help me get that opportunity- but, I was wrong. I ended up not getting a job in any entertainment company for- about another year. Karma is real.. so real, that i can feel it through my bones. I guess this is what I get leaving my family in the first place.

*pants*

"Ms. Kellie.. I am here, I am so sor-"
"You are late Ms. Miyoui. Do you know what time it is?"
"Yes! I know.. I understand, I was just-"
"Enough excuses! Have you brought what I asked you for?"
"Y-yes Ma'am, I got it right here"

I handed over my portfolio and designs to her. I know this is only freelancing but I worked hard for those designs. Please tell me this enough.
She opened the folder and scanned through my designs and suggestions, her eyes twitched and her eyebrows furrowed. Oh great, she's looking at me with disappointment, can I please quit now? No.. Mina, you need to stay focused, she is a big deal designer! get your up!

"Okay, this is fine, Do you have other designs Ms. Miyoui?"
"huh?.. r-really?"
"Yeah, Do you have other designs I could see?"
"uh, y-yes Ma'am.. I-I have them in my tablet.. let me just-"
"No need. You can start tomorrow, you have a month to come up with new fashion designs, or else you wont get paid."
"Th-thank you Ma'am"
"Very well.. oh and Ms. Miyoui, I do not tolerate tardiness in my company."
"Yes Ma'am.. I will work very hard"
*bows*

She then left without uttering a word.

I finally got a new job! After months of hard work of finding projects to work on, I am glad I get to work with Oh Boy! fashion magazine. This will give me enough pay to live for at least 5 months. Being a freelancer is hard, especially if this is the only work a foreigner like me could get in a country I don't really belong.
I don't have a permanent job and mostly work under contracts of 1 month to 6 months being my maximum. I work in different work environments therefore, gaining multiple skills in some projects like fashion designing, dance choreography, an open mic singer, an executive assistant, an event coordinator and sometimes.. weird job placements like a foot model or wearing a kids mascot to birthday parties.

***

*Ding dong*

"Hey! Mina! Glad you can join us!"
"Hey Sana, What's up?"
"Oh nothing, we were just playing a game of twister!" She laughed "Here come join us."

As I walked inside Sana's house, I instantly found three girls and two men playing a rather funny looking twister game.
 

"Oh right! I forgot to mention I do have a lot over.."
"It's okay Sana, looks like everyone is having fun?"
"Yeah it is! and they are betting that whoever loses treats Pizza for everyone" She laughed
"Oh! I'd definitely stay and wait for that pizza!"

I sat down on the nearest counter and Sana gave me an orange juice to quench my thirst. I watched them go crazy about the game and some were really toxic, but It really looked like fun. I kept quiet as I continued to watch.

"OKAY! That is not fair!"
"HAHAHA! Okay Jackson! Pay up with that Sweet sweet cheesy flowing over cheese pizza!"
"NO WAY! YOU TRIPPED ME!"
"HEY MAN! A DEAL IS A DEAL!"

"Poor guy" I mumbled quietly
"Hey! I haven't seen you there! Hello!" a girl came running towards me with a grin.
"I'm Lisa!" she reaches out for her hand waiting for me to grab it

"Mina. Nice to meet you."

"Gosh! You look pretty!.. Hey guys meet Mina, Sana's new friend" She waved
"She is not new? she is my childhood best friend" Sana came bringing some food on the counter "here eat up you lazy goons!"

And they began to roam around the counter for the food. In a few moments the delivery has arrived. We all moved towards the dining table, and Lisa pulled me to sit beside her and Sana.

"So Mina, why have you not tried to audition to other companies?" Jennie spoke as she took a piece out of the pizza box
"Well, I did try, I guess I wasn't qualified?"
"Not qualified? bull!"
"Oy! not on the table you stupid maknae"
"sorry.."

"In what way are you not qualified may I ask?" Jackson and Mark gobbled over the Pizza slices as they speak
"Something about lack of confidence, voice, dance, a lot of things. I mean.. I have been a YG trainee for at least 3 years."
"You have? Why haven't I seen you before!" Lisa widened her eyes.
"You stupid, she's always been there.."
"she has?.. since when.."
"Ballet.."
"Oh! You're that ballet goddess! I loved seeing you dance.. Why haven't you debuted?"
"well I-"

"Okay! enough.. it's 5:30.. don't you guys have to practice?"
"but Sana? are you not joining us?"
"I will, after a while maybe. Besides, Jisoo is there for practice.. I can handle myself."
"heh? sure you can" Lisa mocked
"Oh shut up!"

Sana's friends left and headed out for their practice. I really felt bad however, I guess this is my life huh.. stuck in just free lancing.. I mean, I am having fun, meeting new friends, getting more contacts, people notices my work.. yes. It's fun.


"Mina! I am so sorry for the mess they've made.."
"It's okay. so, why did you not join the practice? your debut is a month away isn't it?"
"Yeah well, I needed to stay here for a bit, I mean WE need to stay here for a bit"
"uh? what for?"
"I mean you don't have work don't you? or am I disturbing you?"
"No I do-"
"Okay good! so you don't mind staying with me til like 11:45 pm?"
"that's oddly specific?"
"Come on? please!"
"Okay? Whatever you are planning Sa-chan.. stop.."
"Believe me! you will love it.."

Right after hearing her say I'd love it, seems weird so I immediately jolted up in shock.

"Wait! Bambam is not doing this surprise thingy again is he?!"
"No.. What? Why would he, your anniversary had passed anyway!"
"Just.. making sure.. he should know we don't have enough money for all his surprise gifts and all."
"at least, the sparks still kept going even after a year" she nudged
"Yeah well, sparks are there, but reality just kept catching up.."
"That's life Mina-chan.. I mean.. Why did you decide to leave YG? we could have debuted together you know."
"I just didn't feel it's right for me"
"And this... is right for you? you wasted 1 year doing what you do."
"that's because Korea.. is just being Korea.."
"oh well... have you applied to any Entertainment company?"
"I tried.. and failed?.. more liked.. backed out.. i don't know.."
"wait!.. just a sec! You mean to say you never tried!?!"
"uh.. no?"
"You idiot!"
"wow.. thanks?"
"Seriously Mina.. you should try!"
"It's fine.. I'm fine.. besides, I just got a design gig for Oh! boy magazines.."

As soon as I mentioned Oh! boy Magazines, this idiot of a shiba spat her juice all over me. ugh.. disgusting!

"wait you what?!"
"ew! keep your juice inside your mouth and away from my face.."

"I am so sorry.. here- but really. you got what?"
"Yeah. *wipes* 2 months worth of contract- why do you have to spit all those juice?"
"Forget about that!- you mean to say you met Ms. Kellie Fitzmoure?"
"Yeah? she.. is not that friendly.."
"take me with you." she said in a monotone
"Wait.. what?"
"Take me with you.. say I am like an apprentice or something.."
"Hello? what about ThinkBlack? you are debuting soon idiot!"
"but they can wait!"
"No way. I am not bringing an idiot shiba like you on Oh! Boy M-"
"pleaseee! I'll buy you Pizza!"
"I don't even like pizza!"
"Then I'll get you whatever you like.."
"Oh my god Sana!"
"Please. Please. Please. Pleaseee!!!"
"Okay! Okay! Fine! but YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT TOMORROW!"
"Promise.. promiseee!!"
"FINE.." I sighed.

On the side note, I spent hours in Sana's house. We cooked food and made our own recipe.. AGAIN. I remember when we were kids back then in Japan. Sana dreams of being a chef... I... really don't know how she ended up being an idol? I mean every time I asked her she usually changes the subject for some reason I don't really know. Look... watch me bring it up to her again.

"So.. is ThinkBlack ready for it's upcoming debut?"
"Yeah! Totally! we are ready for the new single and believe me it is amazing!- hey will you pass the cheese!"
"oh here- huh.. that smells good!"
"Yeah! it should go well with whatever you picked out. haha!"
"Hey! Ketchup goes with everything!"
"In a stew? i don't think so young lady!"
"young? you are just a year older than me.."
"Still young!"
"You really are good in cooking.. I really hope you became a chef than an Idol.. You'll still be famous!"
"ha.. yeah.."
"Why did you choose being an Id-"
"here! have a sip!"

she instantly nudged a spoon full of sauce into my mouth. I am not complaining but it was delicious!

"Who are you!"
"hahaha! glad you liked it!"
"how did you make the ketchup taste this precise?"
"That's my little secret.. -come on! let's start watching!"

Told you, she'd do anything to get out of the context about her 'chef/idol' choice. I mean, she is my best friend.. but sometimes, friends also do have their fair share of their own little secret. This.. is when I realized.. we still don't know everything about each other.
Sana began to load up a good movie, we've been doing a movie Marathon, have you guys heard of Kimi No Nawa? Oh how I missed this movie, it is just amazing. It is quite famous in Japan, More like all over the world. Red strings.. does exist. I hope?
speaking of Red strings...

"Do you really believe on the red string of faith?" I asked Sana bluntly
"Yes... No?. I really don't know."
"Me neither.." we laughed
"I mean, Bambam could be your Red string."
"That is less likely, We met randomly and there wasn't a time I think he was"
"So you're telling me, Bambam and you would really break up.." She laughed
"Hey! who said my red string should be the person I end up with?"
"technically that's the point.. Bambam is one Thai boy who passed some competition and gets to end up in Korea."
"and I am one Japanese girl who forced to be in Korea... I wasn't luck.."
"yeah, but still two different worlds meet in one.. how romantic."
"I just don't think red string exi-"

*ding dong*

Sana suddenly looked at her watched and her eyes roamed around.
"Uh... I was not expecting anyone at this hour?"
"Did you order pizza?"
"at 1 am? are you crazy? we just cooked Mina.."
"yeah well then wh-"

*Ding dong*

"go get it."
"WHAT?! It's your house.."
"But you are way stronger and fearless than a small chipmunk like i am."
"I am small.."
"I am weak..- just get it!! please!"
"No way."
"Pleaseee I am scaredddd"

I saw an alloy bat lying on the side of Sana's stairs, I figured to just use it as a weapon? Yeah.. I guess this is why movies use them a lot.

"ugh okay. then come with me!"

I lifted the alloy bat as we moved forward. Seriously, I feel like Harley Quinn! Ha.ha.ha. okay Mina, Stop being distracted. Sana began to walk behind me as we creep over to the door.
 

A shadow is revealed and it stood there waiting for us to open the door.

*Ding dong*

"Really Sana? you don't have that door lock thingy that attaches to the wall?" I whispered
"No? why would I need that.." she whispered back
"for situations like this you idiot.. what if we open the door and he tries to barge in.. You at least have safety."
"Yeah. I never thought this would happen.."
"yet you have an alloy bat.."
"Uhhh. Lisa and I play ball.. sometimes??"

*ding dong* *ding dong*

"Talk.." I whispered yes she just shook her head, This girl drives me crazy. I rolled my eyes and began grunting. If I die today... I swear, It's because of Sana..
I cleared my throat and began

"Who- Who is it?" I said
There was no reply.
"t-try again" Sana whispered
"Hello? Who is it?"

*Knock*knock*knock*

He began banging on the door louder and continuously.

"Oy!! you'll break the door"
he stopped and began again. I began lifting the bat and opened the door

"WHAT DO YOU-"
"Surpriiseeeeee!"

"Momo?!"