► ♪♫ 12 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7573576a4e3358614c594a466e513d3d2d3733323533353233302e313539656365343533396634643861393430323737393333383532362e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

~~


~~

"Son Chaeyoung!" Mina shouted

"Eh.. M-Mina?
~~


 

"M-Mina.. What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung stuttered walking closer to the latter
"Y-you.. you were just-"
"okay! come here.." Chaeyoung held her hand and covered as she pulled her out of the bar's back door.

Once they reached outside, Mina tried to get herself out of the little cub's grasps.

"Chaeyoung!"

"u-uh.. Mina.. I can explain.."
"What were you doing here?"
"first. uh.. how did you know about this place?"
"Jeongyeon.."
"That freaker!" She mumbled
"excuse me?"
"okay.. look.. this is my side job? well, somewhat? I earn at least a few grand from this.. you kn-"
"i don't care if you work in this place.. I just wanted to know that how come you never told me?"
"because! i did not want you or anyone else to worry about me.."
"Worried? why should I be-"
"Mina.. It's a club.. a hooker's club?" She raised one of her eyebrows up
"what?- it looks vintage to me.."
"Oh.. no.. you must be mistaken.."
"I don't belie-"
"you don't? okay here.." Chaeyoung held onto her hand and pulled her back inside the bar. "Now watch.. closely!"

She held Mina on her side as she points out girls with lingerie on and some girls wearing a suit and tie- most girls have their own concept while serving alcohol drinks to the women who are sitting on the sofas- who seems to be ordering certain girls for pleasure. Chaeyoung pointed at couples after couples making out in the open. Mina suddenly covered her eyes with both of her hands while slightly parting her fingers in between her eye sockets.

"What.. What is this?.." Mina stuttered looking blank as she watches the scene in front of her.

"This is a host club... for lesbians like me.. in simpler terms... a hooker's club for GIRLS. You basically request for the hosts you would want for the day or night, and do as much as you please as long as it is all above the belt. Once you reach below the belt, you will instantly be kicked.. and banned from the host club." Chaeyoung explained.

"but.. you were just singing right? you're just a performer.. so I-I don't think it would affect me that much if this was your job.."
"well. I-"

"Tora! you were requested on table 14" A tall woman suddenly called out to her.

"T-tora?.." Mina's eyes widened
"I-.. that's my host name.."
"Y-you're a host?.."

"I-I am sorry Mina.. but you have to leave.." Chaeyoung turned and sighed. She then began fixing her hair, straightened up her posture and shirt then gave out a deep sigh "I can't have you watch me do this.." she smiled and began taking a step away.

"Ch-Chaeyoung wait!-"

"Kaoru! Will you kindly take this girl off the premises? She had me long enough." Chaeyoung shouted over to the man in black
"Yes Ma'm"

"Goodbye Mina, Thanks for looking out for me" Chaeyoung smiled and grabbed Mina's hand as she kissed her goodbye. "It's time for me to work, so I will see you soon." she released a dimpled smile and left.

"Chaeyoung!"

"okay- Time to go lady." The man said with his arms crossed.

Mina looked over his shoulder as she sees Chaeyoung smiling over the table, bowing and being a gentle man to the girl who requested for her.

"Chaeyoung.." She mumbled and gave out a saddened look as she walks away from the bar's entrance.
 

***

I walked out of the painting door, and through the bookshelves and out of the book store with my head hanged low and my eyes widened blank


I walked out of the painting door, and through the bookshelves and out of the book store with my head hanged low and my eyes widened blank.
I could not believe what I just witnessed.. I could not accept that she is in this kind of job set up.

"You must be shocked.." A familiar deep voice caught my attention
"J-Jeongyeon."
"I know.. I was shocked too.. but I did tell her to stop this kind of job."
"Why didn't she.."
"For pride." Jeongyeon walked in front of me as he stared me down. He averted his eyes and looked away "She only does this kind of jobs, when she needed some time away from Somi.. Making her nerves think that it is easier to find someone like this.. you know.. an escape route?" he scratched his nape and sighed

"Why? she can find someone else, in the normal way."
"hmm.. I am guessing you don't know the story of Somi?" he looked at me on the corner of his eye
"No.. not really.. she does not want to talk about her."
"I see.."
"Well..?"

He scratched his nape and began closing his eyes, taking a deep breathe "How bout you join me for a city stroll?" he smiled

"You serious?" I raised one of my brows up
"Yeah, and let's talk about it.- I am somewhat hungry too, you do owe me that 700,000 won?" he faced me coldly
"I don't have cash Idiot!"
"No worries then, My treat!- come on." He instantly grabbed my hand and pulled me wherever.
"J-Jeongyeon?!"
"Stop whining idiot!"


 

***

Jeongyeon pulled Mina towards his car which was just parked on the corner of the street


Jeongyeon pulled Mina towards his car which was just parked on the corner of the street.

"Okay? where are you bringing me?" Mina scowled
"to eat of course.. just get in" Jeongyeon opened his car door as Mina went in. Jeongyeon then walked around his car and hopped onto the driver's seat

"Excuse me Mr. famous.. it's 2:00 pm.. aren't you supposed to be working?"
"No? I am done for today.."
"it's morning, the sun is out, the paparazzi will find you."
"Nah, not unless they know where we are going?" He rolled his eyes "Now please miss. will you just relax and enjoy the ride? Geeze."
"fine! be sure wherever you are taking me has good food." Mina scoffed and crossed her arms turning her head onto the window.
"Don't worry, I'll take you somewhere that sells spoiled food, soaked in boiled water and condiments!"

Jeongyeon began driving off the street. The silence between him and Mina is not admirable thus, switched on the radio station to break the awkwardness.

"Why did you turn the radio on?" Mina asked
"because you are weird."
"You pulled me? In your car! without even having my opinion to the idea."
"Mina.. I literally opened the door for you.. why did you sit if you did not want to come with me?"
"I-.. well.. whatever"
"tsk. See.. so you did want to come with me."
"You are evil you know that?"
"Good- it's better this way than being an angel that is taken for granted by the darkness."
"What?"
"nothing."

The drive was long and Jeongyeon drove onto a highway.

"This is far from Gangdong-gu Jeongyeon."
"Yeah, we are going far from that, to make sure paparazzi aren't following us."
"and here I thought you were confident."
"hey. i am bringing you somewhere nice.. so deal with it."
"and where is that?" She taunted
"Yongsan-gu"
"eh?!"


 

***


"Thank you so much Ms. Bae"
"Thank you for the most pleasant evening Tora"
"please, if you come back again, I am all yours." I smiled
"With pleasure, as long as other girls would not get you before I do."
"You can just contact, Ciara here for a reservation Ms. Bae, I'll be yours once you get here."
"Very well Tora! You are amazing!" She said as she gave me a final kiss before leaving.

I wonder how Mina is.. I don't even think I have the guts to face her anymore after today. God damn it Jeongyeon!

*ding*

(I know, I messed up. but be thankful, I am treating her out tonight to get of off your head.)

"That is not something to be thankful about!"

(well at least. your friend understands.)

"Technically your fault?"

(Well as a caring roommate.. she sure is worried about you.)

"Thanks for keeping her company during the shock"

(No worries. You better pay me.)

"That's your payment for telling her my job!"

(Touche.. Tora.)

" off."

Geeze. I hope she understands me completely. I am sorry Mina for lying.. I just really need the money to get to Paris, and probably.. something else as a bonus..

*sigh*

"Tora! you are requested at Table 4"
"Coming!"


 

***


"Okay? Where are we?"
"Don't tell me you've never been here?" Jeongyeon snickered
"Funny.."
"Okay peasant.. follow me." He rolled his eyes

This guy, I swear he gets in my nerves!
I followed him to who knows what, and began to stop my steps in front of the creepy elevator.

"You are not kidnapping me are you?"
"Please.. what would i benefit with a girl like you?" he rolled "just hop in!"

I taunted and just followed him onto it. The elevator reached up to the highest floor, and it does not seemed sturdy at all. I really don't feel comfortable with this creepy thing.
A few moments, It opened.
It revealed a restaurant entrance that is filled with music records and vintage instruments. The store is covered with the soft jazz music. the benches are also made of wood.

"Take your pick peasant!" He alerted
"uh.."

The food is not gourmet, nor was it for the rich. It hardly seems affordable.

"Were you expecting something fancy?" he smirked
"N-No?"
"Girls... only wants the fancy stuff" he rolled and clicked his tongue.
"NO! I'll just take the B7"
"Aight then, one of those, and a G2"

"that'll be all sir?"
"Add 2 Soju with that." he added

"what?"
"What.. since we are here, why not enjoy a little?"
"You are driving Mister!"
"Did you just-"
"Yeah!"
"Well.. my life not yours.- Please just add the Soju"
"NO!- don't add-" Jeongyeon immediately grabbed me with his arms around my face and pulled me up
"Please- ignore the wild penguin and take my order." he smiled irritably at the cashier

"Y-yes sir."

***

"THERE!" he dropped the food harshly and placed the Soju bottles across us.
"Seriously?"
"Mina, you are nothing to me for me to follow your orders!"
"geeze." I pouted and Jeongyeon sighed deeply

"here, just eat, and enjoy."
"I wanna go home."
"Mina. Soju is nothing bad."
"It's bad if you are driving! and we get caught! or something happens to yo-"
"Why do you care?" He rolled his eyes and placed his hand under his chin and sighed once more, averting his eyes over the scenery

Why.. Why do i care?..

"Stop acting like you care for me Mina. I am just doing this as a favor."
"a Favor?"
"Yeah, because I did not want you to feel so down about Chaeyoung. so I am trea-"
"Why do you care then?" I scowled at him waiting for him to answer. he then moved his vision towards me and back at the scenery.

"I don't."
"what?"
"I just don't"
"then why are you-"
"Mina..? All I can say is that, just please relax and eat? enjoy the view.." he sighed.
"Geeze.." I sighed and took a bite from my food

I saw him turn his head towards me as I eat. He hasn't moved his food but he kept looking at me.

"Why don't you eat."
"not hungry."
"yet you-"
"for you."
"what?"
"nothing, I'll be right back." He left me on the bench.

Great! okay, I am eating alone then. The food tastes great, and I don't want it to be ruined by some dip like him. Well.. the view is amazing. It seems like you can see the sun set over here. the aesthetics are just beyond the barrier. the sky is clear and the clouds are pure and white as snow. What an amazing view.

A few moments of admiring the view, and falling in love with the food, the sun began to set. Jeongyeon returned right on time.

"Well? what took you so long?"
"I just needed to cancel the Soju"

The waiter began coming over to the table and took the Soju out and returned his card

"Here sir, thank you."
"Thank you, and I apologize for the inconvenience." he smiled gently

"Wait? you what?"
"I did not want you to go aggressive on me.. so I instead returned it."
"but-"
"It's all fine. let's just eat. the sun is setting too"
"Yeah it is beautiful.."

 

Jeongyeon stared at Mina while she smiles across the open barrier, anticipating for the sun to set

Jeongyeon stared at Mina while she smiles across the open barrier, anticipating for the sun to set. He released a small smile on the corner of his lips, however Mina instantly turned and looked at him so he dropped his head down looking at the food.

"Look! it's setting!" Mina exclaimed "What a beautiful scene!"
"absolutely." Jeongyeon turned and saw the sight while Mina took a small glance to him. Seeing his smile on the corner of her eye.

"I did not know, that the Great Yoo Jeongyeon could smile?" She taunted
"I am an Idol.. idiot! of course I can smile?"
"No?.. not this kind of smile" She turned and faced Jeongyeon while she takes a bite from her food
"What do you mean?"

"well.. you act tough.. but you are not. you are very soft and kind really" She smiled
"No i am not!"
"sure.." she taunted and he rolled his eyes with a sigh "but.. I actually like this side of you."
"what?"
"this.. non-idol side of you.."
"what does a non-idol side even mean?" he snickered
"The real you I mean." She raised her brow. "I like this side of you better.. something your fans doesn't even know."
"well.. thanks."

"have you ever dreamed to be famous?"
"Never. but I did have the passion to share my interest."
"and that would be?"
"Making music."
"oh.."

"What about you? do you have a dream?"
"yeah.. being an idol."
"why?"
"Same like you.. share my passion to the world.."
"Why didn't you?"
"well.. I failed.. guess I wasn't enough?"
"Aren't you happy working in Oh! boy?"
"Yes and no.. in fact it's just a 2 month contract.. so.."
"I see.."

"Well enough about my boring life.. What I really want to talk about-"
"Chaeyoung?"
"Y-Yeah.. why is she in that place?"
"Well that place.. is the place she works at. and the paintings? is her side jobs."
"but i thought-"
"Chaeyoung needed money to go to Paris, long before it all happened.. before everything else.."


 

~~
"Jeongyeon! You think I'll ever get to Paris?"
"Yeah.. why not?"
"But Mom and Dad-"
"dude.. why make your parents stop you from your dream? I am going to audition for SM next week, without my parents knowing!"
"Jeongyeon.. you'll get accepted! look at you, tall, handsome, charismatic.. and here I am.. nothing."
"Don't call yourself nothing Chae."
"but I am.."
"geeze.." Jeongyeon walked faster and left the young cub
"Hey! Jeongyeon! wait!"

~~

"Chaeyoung was young, for 16 year old brain.. she thought finding herself a job, would benefit her in getting her dreams.. I was on for it..until.."

~~
"YOU WHAT?!"
" I got a job Jeong! it's a hidden place!"
"Are you sure this is even legit?!"
"Yeah! the lady said I could get paid 200,000 to 500,000!"
"Chaeyoung! This is not.."
"Jeongyeon! i thought you support me."
"But not this?! this.. this is the dark side of adulthood Chae!"
"But it's my only choice Jeongyeon!"
"You are 16 years old! How the heck are you gonna work in a bar like this!?"
"Age doesn't matter they said!"
"YEAH! CAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL!!"
"JEONGYEON!"
"CHAE! I am just looking out for you!"
"Then you know how important this is to me.."
"Chaeyoung.. you are my best friend but.. i can't let you do th-"
"Let me.. please.. I promise I'll be fine!"

Jeongyeon sighed and let go of Chaeyoung's shoulders having his head hanged low.

"I swear, I'll be fine.."

~~

"She.. insisted on going.. So Who am i to stop her.."
"You should've.."
"believe me.. I tried."

~~
"Hello, good evening sir. I am sorry but this is only for-"
"I am just here to see a friend."
"But, sir.. you are not-"

"It's okay.. he is with me." Chaeyoung smiled at him gesturing him to follow "So? What are you doi-"
"Checking on you."
"I am fine, I have a lot of customers tonight too."
"What exactly- do you do?"
"Something.. I should not do.. and Something I should've listened to you.."
"Chaeyoung.."

"Tora! request on table 19"
"Coming!"

"request?- what request."
"Please don't look.. I suggest you leave.."
"I want to know what you are doing."
"It's just-"

"Tora! Customer is furious!"
"Sorry! Sorry!

"Chaeyoung!"
"Please.. just leave.. I'll explain when I can." She let go of Jeongyeon's hand as she slides away to her customer.

Jeongyeon watched Chaeyoung do what she do, and his eyes widened in shock. Watching her every move, her customers and her services.

~~

"I tried. but she really needs the money to go to Paris.. until.. Somi came along."

~~
"Hello good evening, Ma'm"
"Hello.. I am here to see Tora?"
"Oh, are you Tora's customer?"
"No.. someone told me to come here and see her.."
"Oh.. I see. please wait here, and I'll call Tora for you."

~~

"That Somi girl, requested for Chaeyoung, without knowing her. Chaeyoung gladly accepted the offer, and made sure she is happy every night she visits the bar. Chaeyoung gave full service to that girl, including... off the premises. That's when Chaeyoung and Somi, fell for each other. Chaeyoung gave up the host game and lived normally. She never returned back to her family thus tries to make livings out of her paintings, a clean job. but then.. Somi and Chaeyoung, had a few misunderstandings. Because Chaeyoung still wanted to go to Paris. and this is something Somi did not want.. She did not want to lose Chaeyoung."

"is that why-"

"This is why she is back in the host game.. There's no one to stop her in achieving her dreams.." Jeongyeon sighed and placed his hand under his chin.

"I hope we could do something?"
"I hope so too.."

 

***

Ha! Tonight is another tiring night, and I've been over customers over customers over customers for hours now


Ha! Tonight is another tiring night, and I've been over customers over customers over customers for hours now.
I checked my tips and pulled out a huge amount of cash from my pocket, This is a lot, enough to last me 3 weeks.. If i earn more for at least 2 months, I may get my stuff ready for Paris.. that accommodation, the visa and air fare. all in one gulp!

"Yo! Tora! good job out there! You really have a lot of requests!"
"Yeah.. It sure is great to be back and earn these amount of cash"
"Yeah- and you coming back with that prince like hair, boosted your request ratings!"
"Ha.. yeah.."

I guess, I should thank Mina for the awesome haircut.. It's been boosting my ratings a lot, and I've been gaining regular customer sign ups from them.. I wonder how long can I keep this up.

"YO! Tora! You got another one kid!"
"Oh! okay! I'll be there"
"Table 12- New Comer, be sure to give her a run for her money!"
"Will do captain!"

Table 12. Okay New Comer, let's see how much would you give me after I spoil you.
I walked out of the room and saw one girl just watching the live show, hardly paying attention to everyone else.

Okay.. let's go!

"E-Excuse me miss? You requested for me?" I smiled
"Yes, i did." My eyes widened when I saw her face that instantly snapped onto me.

"M-Mina?.."

"Hi.. Tora.." She smiled.