► ♪♫ 11 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece


"YAHOOOO!!" I raised and barged in the shop
"Yo! Mina! Chaeyoung!- you two seemed hy- WOW! CHAEYOUNG! What's with the new hair??" Dahyun widened her eyes

"Isn't it great? It looks good on her right?!"
"Whoa! that's the first.. Damn you look amazing Chae."

"T-Thanks.. It's really short, but I guess it's fine!" She smiled
"Absolutely! oh right! the girls are inside just go ahead!" Dahyun chuckled

Chaeyoung and I walked in the back room and met with Momo and Sana who seemed to be playing a board game.

"YAH! That Is my piece!!"
"No?! This is mine! You lost Sana-chan!"
"Momoring! you cheated"

"Wow, it sure is lively in here" I chuckled and interrupted
"Mina-chan! Momoring is- EHHH!?!" She stopped and her eyes widened as she sees Chaeyoung trailing behind me. "Is that Chaeyoung?"
"uhuh. what a cutie isn't she?"

"Cute?! she is handsome!! Omy geeze!" Sana ran towards Chaeyoung hugging her and rubbing her face onto her. okay.. wait.. that's too much "Chaeyoung! can I date you?" she said as she roams her hand about Chaeyoung's neck and messing with her hair.

Wait what?! I instantly cut between them and laughed

"Sana-chan! you are so weird!" I laughed and pulled Chaeyoung from her
"aw! why are you so protective Minari?" Sana pouted
"Oooops. looks like Mina is moving to the dark side" Momo smirked

"eh?! no! because you are suffocating her!"
"Don't keep the handsome tiger all to yourself Minari!" Sana laughed
"i am not!" I awkwardly laughed and tried to change the topic "Let's just buy something to eat!"

"Looks like the wild penguin is overprotective of her tiger?" Momo smirked
"Shut up or I wont buy you food!"
"just kidding.. too defensive!" Momo laughed
"geeze Chae.. looks like you are changing our Minari!" Sana laughed and Chaeyoung hanged her head with a smile.

"JUST GET SOMETHING TO EAT!!"
"Fineeee" Momo and Sana said in sync

A few moments, the waiter served our food preparing the table and placing the plates. Momo and Sana's eyes widened as the food came in and we opened up random conversations for the night.

"Say.. Is any of the boys coming today?" I asked
"No, looks like they are having a late practice and-"
"How do you know this Sana?" Momo interrupted
"I.. well.. happen to have Tzuyu's number?" She grinned and continued munching onto her food
"Happened? hmm.. sounds skeptical."
"No really. Tzuyu owes me for saving him you know.."
"You saved him from?"
"Cameras!" she laughed

"What?! what does that have to do with-"
"You wont understand Mina" She laughed
"All I understand is that Tzuyu and you look good together!"
"NO WE DONT! SHUT UP!"
"Right Momoring?"
"absolutely!"

"Shut it you two and just eat!"

As our conversation went on and on, until Dahyun came in and began catching our attention.

"Hey girls, I am sorry to disturb you bu-"
"Chaeyoung.."

An unknown.. somewhat familiar girl walked pass Dahyun and began looking for Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung did not move a muscle from her seat as we all looked over her and at the girl and back at her.

"Chaeyoung.. we need to talk" she said and stood in front of our table staring at the younger. Chaeyoung did not move and remained her position.
"Chae-"
"I think she does not want to talk to you.. how bout you try to talk to -"

"It's okay Mina." She stood up and averted her eyes. "Hi Somi.. long time no see.." she smiled gently at the girl and held her hand "here, let's talk here.. so my friends can enjoy their food." and she led them to the table across ours.

I think that's her girlfriend.. she is rather tall. I wonder what she wants..

***

Chaeyoung and Somi walked over to the area beside Mina, Sana and Momo's


Chaeyoung and Somi walked over to the area beside Mina, Sana and Momo's. She gently held the girl's hand and smiled.

"It's been so long since I've held your hand like this" Chaeyoung said with her head hanged low with a smile staring at Somi's hand
"y-yeah.." Somi smiled and held onto her again as they both sat to their places facing each other.

"Chaeyoung.."
"yes.."
"We need to talk about something.. I-"
"I am not changing my mind about Paris Somi.."
"Why... Please Chaeyoung! you shou-"
"Somi.. If you loved me.. you would understand and accept what I want.."
"I do.. and I am telling you to-"
"to get rid of my dream?.."
"Chaeyou-"
"enough.. I don't want to hear this.. please" Chaeyoung hanged her head and stood up "you can leave now.." she walked away towards Mina and the others.

Somi clenched her fist in anger and stood up from her seat

"Let's end this!" She shouted behind her.

Somi and Chaeyoung are now back to back when Chaeyoung froze to her place hearing those words from her lover. Mina, Sana and Momo also looked towards the lovers who are fighting. Mina looked over Chaeyoung who had her head hanged, and her fist clenched as she notice a tear drop from her chin.

"L-Let's end this.. this is never gonna work out." Somi repeated her words calmly with her voice stuttering. Anticipating and waiting for the young cub to make a move and reply to her gesture.

"Okay." Chaeyoung said in a monotone.
"What?."
"You want to break up right?" Chaeyoung turned towards Somi, with a blank stare, staring onto her, piercing her.
"Ch-Chaeyoung.."
"it's okay.. I felt that we've already broken up anyway, so this is not something new to me." She sighed. Somi stared at the young cub who seems dedicated to just let her walk away- and she did.

Somi began walking away, but froze before the exit door.

"A-are you sure.."
"Yes." Chaeyoung answered in a monotone
"Are you going to be okay?"

Chaeyoung instantly lifted her head facing her directly with a click on her tongue.

"Am I going to be okay?" she replied with a smirk.

Somi then looked at her former lover about to tear up, trying to find the answer.

"Yes." She answered as she averted her eyes.

"You must have thought you were special Somi.. looking at me that way with such pity.." Chaeyoung answered in a cold and deep voice.

"I-"

"Honestly, there's a lot and hundreds of girls like you, complete exact versions of you.. and you think I wont ever find anyone to replace you?" She added coldly.

Somi remained quiet with tears now flowing from her eyes, listening to Chaeyoung spitting hurtful, painful words at her.

"it is easy to find someone to replace you.. And She'll be prettier than you.." Chaeyoung spat her hurtful words over to her former lover as Mina and the others watched the drama goes down.
" She won't demand anything from me.. She wont nag at everything I do.. She will appreciate to who I am and what I can do.. She will love me, even more than you do!" The small cub walked step by step closer to Somi with her hand clenched "and most of all" and at the final comment she stopped, as her hand shook in nervousness.

"She wont.. ever leave me.. like you did to me.." Chaeyoung stood aggressively in front of Somi and crossed her arms. "So yes.. I will be perfectly fine, you don't have to worry about me at all." She grinned

"Chaeyoung I-"

"That's the exit right there, Dahyun will help you find the way out. Thank you for seeing me.." She smiled and turned back "If you may excuse me.. I am enjoying my dinner with my friends.. help yourself with some refreshments, It's on the house" She smirked walking away from Somi.

Somi sighed and began leaving the private area.

Chaeyoung walked towards Mina, Sana and Momo who's eyes are now communicating silently at each other. Chaeyoung sat in front of Mina with her head hanged low and her eyes puffed while trying to savor the food.

"Chaey-"
"I am fine Mina. don't worry about it." she smiled
"O-okay.."
"oh right, you can go home on your own today, I just have to meet up with Jeongyeon for a while"
"What? I'll come wi-"
"No, It's something just me and him would understand.. nothing to worry about."
"Are you-"
"Yes.. Thank you." she smiled and continued eating

The girls remained silent finishing their food and Dahyun came in as usual packing and helping to wrap up the shop. After a few hours of closing, Momo and Dahyun began walking away and so had Sana and Chaeyoung onto their separate ways. Mina was worried about the young cub but figured it's best not to interfere.

***

Morning had passed and I woke up with having no one in the house besides me


Morning had passed and I woke up with having no one in the house besides me. Chaeyoung's room is still the same way she left it yesterday- Messy. That means she haven't returned yet from last night, and the only one to know where she had been is Jeongyeon. I wonder if I should pay him a visit. Since my job is free lancing, I am free to report whenever I can in Oh! boy.. regardless if I am done with my work that is.. But I do remember finishing it all yesterday... I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to not attend today.

Thus I have decided to pay JYP Entertainment a visit.

"Hello there Miss.. Do you have an appointment?"
"ah. yes, May I know is Jeongyeon of ICEY is here."
"Have you made an appointment with Mr. Yoo?"
"uh no but-"
"I am afraid we can't-"

"It's okay she's my friend." A familiar cold voice caught my attention behind me

"Jeongyeon."
"What are you doing here?"
"I am wondering if you know where Chaeyo-"
"She's at her family."
"Oh.. is that why-"
"is that all what you wanted to ask? because I have stuff to do."
"uh well yeah- I am just worried an-"
"You talk too much, follow me.. let me finish recording then we can talk."
"oh. okay.."

Geeze, what is wrong with this guy, is he always like this? always in a hurry to do things.

I followed him towards the elevator, silently. He doesn't seem to be talking much as he brought me inside the studios. I saw Jihyo Practicing his vocals and Tzuyu recording his vocals. He went in and gestured me to follow.

"AH! Mina! you're here!" Jihyo said lively raising both his arms up grabbing me
"okay- give her space" Jeongyeon said coldly and pulled me away
"Geeze Jeong.. it's not like I am gonna steal her from you?"
"Shut up." He said as he sat on the couch "here, sit here."

"I don't think I shou-"
"You'll be fine" he said "I'll tell you what I know once we finish this recording.. cause I really want to go back to sleep.." He said as he laid his head back and closed his eyes.

"You should excuse him Mina, he is a little grumpy in the morning" Jihyo winked
"A little?.. more like a lot" I joked and he instantly snapped his head onto me with a glare "I am just saying the truth.." I shrugged as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

I sat their waiting patiently and watching them sing live. Tzuyu is in the recording booth and his vocals were amazing. He managed to finish his recording in one go as well as Jihyo. He surely is called the main vocalist for a reason. Reaching those high vocal range is amazing.

It is finally Jeongyeon's turn in the recording booth. This is practically the first time for me to hear his voice live. I wonder how he sounds like...

"Ready Jeong?"

The producer talked through the mic and Jeongyeon smiled with his thumb up. It's my first time to see this guy smile. For an Idol, he definitely is two-faced. I anticipated for his turn as the producer played the beginning of the song. The song played a slow melody for his part.. I waited and concentrated on him as he began breathing for air ready for his first note.
He finally sang, the soft sweet melody in the background with his voice filling the room. He felt passionate in singing the song with his eyes closed. you can see the veins on his neck pop out the moment he sings the high notes. I was deeply mesmerized by him. Who knew that a cold, arrogant man like him could sing this admirable song.

"and that's a wrap!" The producer alerted
"Thank you" he smiled and bowed

"Well? how'd you like the new comeback song Mina?" Tzuyu smiled
"You've got an exclusive to the new song" Jihyo winked

"it's amazing you guys! it is perfect!"
"Glad you liked it!" Jihyo laughed

Jeongyeon began walking out of the recording booth and dust a bit of dirt from his shirt

"Well, as much as we wanted to stay, We have practice for the dance soon" Jihyo smiled
"Yeap so we'll leave you two." Tzuyu winked
"Wait? why is Jeongyeon not coming with you?"
"Oh. well.. You're here of course."

"i can leave.."
"no don't!" Jihyo waved his hands in front of me as I raised my eye brow in suspicion "I mean, sure, come see us dance too.. why not" he shrugged.

"unfortunately. you have to go" Jeongyeon answered
"wait. Aren't you gonna tell me-"
"Yeah, I will.. here.." He handed a piece of paper "Just go there. I am sure you'll find her there."

I looked at the words written on it and it sounded familiar

"Jeongyeon! this is a bar.."
"exactly."
"but you said-"
"i lied. cause I knew you'd freak out.. and I can't handle you whining in the morning." he sighed and scratched his nape. "just go."
"thank you."
"don't mention it." he gently smiled at me and patted my head as he walked away

Wait.. he.. he patted my head.. did he just smi-

"Yo. are you planning to stay here?" he interrupted my thoughts.
"ah.. yeah.. s-sorry."
"geeze.." he sighed

***

After a few moments, I have arrived to the somewhat entrance of this hidden bar. I've never been here. Okay, so where can I find you.. 'Underground Station' - What a weird name for a bar, but I never tried to go here yet. How is this bar open in the morning? Let's see..

I tapped onto my phone, trying to get a signal to figure out where this hidden bar is. They said to pass the book store's reading section and through there, you need turn a sharp left on the third table to find the blue bookshelf? and then walk straight at the end of the book hall to find a painting. usually the painting changes and you have to flick a book open? wait.. is this even true? what kind of hidden bar is this, when you give the people tips on how to get there!- business. am I right?

Okay.. so this is the book store.. and If i walk pass the shop there is a reading section where it seems like a library..

"This is interesting" i mumbled

Okay.. now I am here.. It says the third table take.. a left to find the blue bookshelf..

"so... one.. two three.. and left- I look stupid.." I thought

Okay.. It's oddly eerie that people find this normal in here, there are actually people who are just reading and not even caring at what i am doing.. Okay! then.. blue bookshelf.. uhh - There! okay.. now walk straight of the book hall.. ah.. the painting.. Now.. flick the book.. wait.. which book? What color of the book?! uh... let's try.. red.. no. okay? green?.. no.. blue- of course.. stupid..

The door opened and I walked towards it, you can hear soft music playing, like a vintage recorder, enough to not disturb the readers outside. It feels so western, or vintage in here.. now i wonder where Chaeyoung is.

("ahem.. okay, this last song.. is something i originally wrote.. It's about falling in love without admitting you like them")

I walked around the venue looking for Chaeyoung, expecting that she should be drunk, so i looked around the counter. Wow- there's a lot of people in here.

("I hope you all enjoy it.")

Music began playing live, and it seems like the soloist is good in making her soft melody match the feelings of the people listening it. however I am still busy finding Chaeyoung..

(♪ You're walking towards me ♪ )
(♪ My heart is beating beating again ♪)
(♪ You're looking at me ♪)
(♪ My heart is beating beating again ♪)

"Geeze.. Chaeyoung.. where is your drunk body!" I mumbled while the soloist sings in the back ground

(♪ I see you smiling widely in the morning ♪)
(♪ You wave you hand and come to me slowly ♪)
(♪ You pass me by and Put your hand on his shoulder ♪)
(♪ My head spins around, My head spins ♪)

"Okay.. i swear.. if i find this girl she'll-" I was suddenly interrupted in a shock down my spine. " C-Chaeyoung?"

(♪ Ocean-like eyes, I'll swim in them ♪)
(♪ Everyone knows her pretty eye-smile ♪)
(♪ I want it to myself ♪)

I saw her, singing on stage, singing that chorus as she strums her guitar, singing passionately in every words she spits. Her eyes were closed, following the beat and melody of her song.

(♪ Your heart is ice I'll melt you ♪)
(♪ If I pettily touch you ♪)
(♪ I think you'll melt away ♪)

Her.. Her voice, who knew she has that kind of voice. I watched her strum her guitar passionately and even watch her release her voice onto the crowd. The crowd loves her sweet melody.
The song ended as she bowed out to the crowd and left the stage. I tried walking pass the crowd to catch her as soon as I can.

"Son Chaeyoung!" I shouted catching her attention onto me
"Eh.. M-Mina?"