Grown up

When Byul met Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first year and a half after Yongsun left was very hard for all of us.

Seeing Byul-yi unnie so sad and empty broke my heart and Hyejin couldn't stop blaming herself for the whole situation.

Things got so depressing that I didnt have emotional strenght to start a relationship with my best friend, even though I felt she was the love of my life.

Only when Hyejin and I saw Byul-yi getting back at her feet and smiling again, we relaxed and surrendered to our feelings.

After the three of us graduated, Byul-yi unnie traveled to London and ended up staying there for 6 months. 

She became a screenwriter and started writing for plays and tv shows. 

That gave her the chance to meet a lot of actors, directors, producers and she gained experience.

Her second story was very well received by the critics and the people and BBC bought the rights to produce it.

I started drawing comic books for a good label and still got extra money drawing for a fashion magazine.

Hyejin was the only one who decided to take acting career seriously and she was discovered by a very prestigious female director.

As soon as she came back to Korea, Byul-yi unnie decided to live on her own.

My best friend said she needed to grow up and that Hyejin and I should have privacy to find out what we wanted and how we wanted to handle stuff.

Honestly, if Byul-yi hadn't done that, we probably would never have decided to come out to our parents and become an official couple.

Hyejin's career took of and she rented a nice house for us, where I started a garden and would paint every morning.

I missed having a pet. So I bought a cat and named him Ggomo.

However, something was missing and I came to the concludion I wanted to be a mom.

Although I was afraid of bringing that topic up and Hyejin think I was pressuring her to turn our relationship in something else, she was very supportive.

My girlfriend went to a doctor with me and we did all kinds of tests regarding our health and pregnancy.

Unfortunately, I found out that it would be very difficult that my body could host the baby. And to make things even harder, Hyejin had a kidney problem since she was born and the doctor explained that she could die during pregnancy.

Needless to say we went back feeling totally down and hopeless.

Of course adopting a child was a beautiful option and there were other ways. Nonetheless, I dreamed of having a smaller version of me and experinecing all the things of  a pregancy 

Two days later, Byul-yi unnie came to visit and we shared all our frustration with her.

Knowing my best friend's character , I shouldnt get surprised. Despite that, my jaw dropped when Byul-yi didn't take half a minute to suggest:

_____ I could carry the baby for you guys.

Hyejin eyes got wide open:

____ Jincha???! Would you do that?

____ Of course, girls. Dont you know you're my family?

 ____ But unnie....We don't expect that you change your life, your routine, that you change your body for us._____ I said, already crying.

Byul-yi unnie hugged me with tenderness and responded:

_____ Things change anyway. I would never allow superficial things on the way of your happiness. However, lets not have high hopes in advance. Schedule an appointment with the doctor to see if my health is okay.

After sleeping on that idea, Hyejin and I did as she said and we followed unnie to the doctor.

As soon as we had the green light to go ahead, it was time to select a doner and invest our money in the most important project of our lives.

Byul-yi was too sweet during the whole process, that happened to be stressful and uncomfortable for her.

A co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter