Motherhood x old issues

When Byul met Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin and I went back to the city as fast as a jet and we could only calm down after the doctor assured us both Byul-yi unnie and our baby were perfectly healthy.

As a matter of fact, things were so good that they were discharged by the end of the day. However, all of us though it would be better if that happened on the following morning and our doctor helped with that.

Even though Hyejin was as emotional as I was, she didn't even look at Yongsun's face at the corridor and I was left there alone, in that embarrassing situation.

Unnie got very confused when I thanked her for helping my baby. So I told her briefly about our struggle to get pregnant and how Byul-yi unnie had done that for us.

I could sense some kind of relief in Yongsun's face. Or maybe I was being delusional but I never gave up on those two as a couple.

My friend congratulated me and said she would like to talk to me and to the other girls about many things , if we gave her the opportunity.

Although I knew Hyejin and Byul-yi would get annoyed at me, I gave unnie our new address and invited her to stop by during lunch time the day after.

It would be a big fat lie if I said I didn't choose such a soon date on purpose. Afterall, it was Byul-yi's birthday and we all should put the past behind in a special day.

Hyejin and I kept jokingly fighting about who would spend the night at the hospital with our friend but Byul-yi unnie told us to go away because we are too loud and annoying.

So we slept in our beds and picked up our family early in the morning.

Hyejin held our baby and kept mumbling lovely things While I helped Byul-yi with her shower. 

After unnie dressed something comfortable, she sat on the sofa and the three of us didn't stop drooling over our baby.

Did I say my child was a baby girl? Here you go. She was a better version of me, but I swear she has the dimple. The same deep one.

Our baby girl's name is Lilly and she is quite a calm child, except when the hunger hits her. Then she becomes feral.

Byul-yi picked the baby carefully and tried to find the most comfortable position to feed her. It was their first time and I felt really sorry for my friend. By the look of her face, I could see how painful that was.

The thing is Lilly was getting impatient and started the with strenght because milk was coming slowly and that was hurting my friend's . 

The bell rang and Hyejin made an annoyed face when she saw Yongsun unnie at the door.

I immediately smiled and said:

_____ Welcome, unnie! I am glad you came.

Both Hyejin and Byul-yi gave me a dirty look, which I expected for sure.

Yongsun unnie came in very embarrassed, handed me a package and sat on the couch opposite to the one Byul-yi was.

_____ Wheein-ah, I brought something for the baby. I hope you like it.

_____ I'm sure I will. Thank you, unnie.

_____ You didnt have to though. You've done enough.____ Hyejin sounded more like she was accusing than thanking.

Byul-yi unnie released a groan of pain and the three of us immediately turned our attention to her.

____ Unnie, do you want to rest a bit? I can make Lilly some formula.____ I was worried.

_____She is too fragile. Right now, milk is necessity for her._____ My friend struggled to speak.

Yongsun unnie coughed and said, a little shy:

_____ A friend of mine commented that in the begining, the woman should insert more than the in the baby's mouth to help them feed better and this prevents some of the pain...

Byul-yi unnie glanced at our older friend with a mix of emotions on her face but followed the suggestion and said:

_____ Thank you.

_____ You're welcome.____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter