Byul-yi

When Byul met Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byul-yi, Moonbyul as many people call her, or Byul-yi unnie for me was a shy 20 year-old girl when we first met.

She had a long black hair with bangs, and her cheeks were cute and chubby.

Byul-yi unnie changed a lot since that time, physically and even her behavior but one thing remain the same: her charisma to easily make friends.

We met at a theater class that both of us were watching for free.

Not long before, Hyejin and I won the university scholarship and I went to Seul to know the city and see if I could find a place I could afford and bring Jinie along.

Byul-yi unnie welcomed me into her life without blinking and introduced me properly to Seul.

She was living with a male friend in a tiny apartment, while working in 2 different places to save up for colllege. 

She told me the only way of surviving in Seul was making friends and sharing everything. And that she was trying to chase her dream to have a degree and a carrier to be able to help her parents and two younger sisters.

The black-haired girl could be very dense and sensitive but she was also extremely funny and a gentlewoman.

Funny how she already had a way with the ladies despite getting all blushed whenever they flirted with her.

Back then, I hadn't met someone openly gay before. Things are hard in Korea. But Byul-yi unnie was not afraid.

It's not like she would go around screaming that she was a lesbian. Nonetheless, my friend had a girlfriend and her aura also showed she liked women.

I don't mean unnie was manly. On the opposite, she tended to be very delicate most of time. But she also had this boyish style and she was handsome pretty.

Her girlfriend was a horrible person and dumped shortly after we got to know each other.

Despite feeling depressed, Byul-yi never stopped supporting me during the whole time.

After spending some weeks crashing at her lousy couch , I took her to my hometown and introduced her to my mother and to Hyejin.

Byul-yi stayed with us.for a while and soon even Hyejin adored her.

With the permission of Hyejin's parents, our new friend was gonna look for a place in Seul where they  could live together and share rent when we started college. My mom, on the other hand, decided I would stay with my aunt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter