10 Years Ago

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon was having lunch with her cousin Eunbi, who just graduated from law school and has begun articling at her family’s law firm. Chaewon hopes to write the law school exam soon, following in her footstep. It has been Chaewon’s dream since she was little to become a lawyer. Perhaps, it was due to the influence of the Kwon family as she spent so much time with them growing up.

Chaewon could tell something was up with Eunbi, she was too giddy.

Eunbi finally showed Chaewon a small box, inside was a diamond ring.

“You’re gonna ask Hyewon to marry you? WHAT? I thought you were waiting for her to graduate first??” Chaewon raised her voice.

Eunbi quieted her down before other people in the café start starring at them.

“Not so loud!”

“Yes, I’m going to ask her. I can’t wait any longer. We don’t have to marry right away. I just want to confirm to her that she’s the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and have a family with. Besides, she only has less than a year of school left.”

Chaewon in disbelieve said, “wow, you have this all planned already don’t you? Shouldn’t you ask Hyewon first?”

“Don’t worry, we’re on the same page. We both want at least 3 kids so starting a family soon is ideal.” Eunbi laughed.

“By the way, I’m having lunch with her on Saturday and her best friend Hitomi is coming too so I said I’ll bring you.”

“I can’t go, Saturday is my study day.” Chaewon shook her head.

“Too bad, I said you’re going so you have to. Anyways, you should really meet Hitomi since you bailed on us every time. You’re my cousin, my best friend, so you should meet Hyewon’s best friend because we will be together often. Me and Hyewon have been dating for so long and you still haven’t met her. You want Hyewon to be mad at me again?”

Chaewon knew she can’t say no this time even though she much rather stay at home to study, Hyewon got mad last time when she made some poor excuse and then got mad at Eunbi too.

“Fine!”

 

Chaewon was studying and hadn’t realized the time when she received a call from Eunbi.

“Oh crap!” Chaewon answered the call.

“Please tell me you are on your way to the café.”

“Sorry sorry, I was studying a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter