Picnic

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful Sunday so the Kim Family decided to go to the park and have a picnic. With all that’s happened the past few months, Chaewon and Hitomi are happy for these simple family days.

 

As Chaewon and Hitomi were busy packing the necessary items into the trunk of the car, the kids were yelling for them.

“Mama! Mama! Omma! Omma!”

Hitomi was unsure why they were yelling for them but they just needed a few more minutes to finish loading.

“Just give us a few minutes, okay?” Hitomi replied back.

“No! Mama!”

Hitomi and Chaewon relented and went to check what the ruckus was about.

“What it is Minju?”
“Um, where’s Yuri??”

 

Hitomi and Chaewon looked at the empty car seat next to Minju and then looked at each other. In the midst of getting the kids ready and packing, could they have forgotten their little one?


Before Chaewon could panic, Hitomi said, “Chae, you stay with the kids in the car, I’ll go upstairs!”

“Wait no, I’ll come with you!”

Hitomi glared at Chaewon and then looked at Minju and Nako.

“Oh right, I’ll stay here. Let me know right away ok?”

 

Hitomi speed walked towards the elevator and was mentally willing for the elevator to show up faster. She quickly ran towards her apartment and opened the door.

Hitomi shook her head and laughed out aloud at the scene in front of her. She took a picture and sent a message to Chaewon.

 

Sitting in the car nervously, Chaewon dropped her phone on her lap when a notification appeared. She grabbed her phone and swiped hastily to unlock her phone.

When she saw the photo, her worry faded away instantly and replaced with a big smile and laughter.  Yuri was asleep on the floor while hugging her Pikachu plushy.

 

Hitomi kneeled next to her youngest daughter and lightly shook her to wake her up.

“Yuri sweetie, wake up.”

Yuri stirred a bit, her eyes opened half way. She looked up at her mother.

“Mama” Yuri said in a whisper. She rubbed her eyes.

“Yuri sweetie, why are you sleeping on the floor?”

“I got sweepy.” Yuri murmured. Hitomi laughed and patted Yuri on the hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter