Christmas Cookies

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon stared at the recipe in front of her. How hard can it be to make cookies right? She got the eggs, the sugar and flour.

“Kim Chaewon, calm down, you can do this.”

Minju stood next to Chaewon.

“Omma, are you sure about this?” Minju questioned.

“Of course, I got this. I’ve watched your mama make this a thousand times.”

“Watching and actually making it are two different things.”

Where did her angel daughter go? Minju was starting to sound more like her savage wife. She was definitely putting this one on Hitomi, it was one of Hitomi’s charming trait.

 

Chaewon managed to make some form of cookie dough and now the twins and Minju are excitedly waiting at the dining table to make cookies. After giving each some cookie dough, they all got to work. It didn’t take long before both Nako and Yuri got cookie dough crumbs in their hair and on their forehead.

Chaewon smiled while softly looking at her three daughters. With Christmas around the corner, the café has been super busy with Christmas cake orders. Chaewon has been the one home, taking care of the kids. Chaewon was glad that Hitomi’s cakes have been well received. With the pandemic and never-ending rule changes from the government, they’ve had to modify their café operations too many times. A few months ago, Hitomi and Hyewon were even talking about closing down the café.

Their children have noticed that Hitomi have been quite down over the past few months which was why they wanted to make something to give to their mother.

 

Chaewon’s thoughts were interrupted by sudden pounding.

*Thump thump*

“Hiiiya, Minju!” Yuri yelled out.

Yuri was pounding the cookie dough while yelling out Minju’s name.

Chaewon laughed, “Yuri sweetie, what are you doing?”

Yuri mumbled something incoherent. She was too concentrated on shaping her cookie.

Minju shook her head and went back to her own cookie.

After much effort, the three create different pieces of oddly shaped cookies. Chaewon did not want to question her daughters on what they created, instead, she was more worried about getting the oven to turn on properly.

 

“OK, the cookies will be ready in 15 minutes.”

“YAY!!!!” Nako and Yuri jumped up and down.

 

While Chaewon was busy cleaning the twins, she heard Minju yelling for her.

“Omma, I think something is burning.”

Chaewon ran to the kitchen immediately. She took the pan of cookies out of the oven. They were charcoal black. Chaewon had set the temper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter