Chapter 2

Arranged Marriage

Seulgi laughed at Byul who helplessly pacing in front of her office desk. ‘Unnie! Calm down, just make a reservation at restaurant and give it to her. That’s it.’ Seulgi throw her hands in the air with you can do it face.

Byul shook her head slowly ‘It's not that, you know me.’ Byul close her eyes as she massaging her temples. Seulgi knows her better that the reason why she here, she need all the help she can get right now because she doesn’t want to hurt the small puppy. She just send her off to her workplace this morning and the young woman smiling dimple still inside her mind.

Seulgi sighed, she walking toward Byul and place her hands on Byul shoulders. ‘Unnie, that’s all in the past. She WILL understand.’ She smile lightly to give Byul some courage. Looking at Byul who didn’t say anything she continue ‘Give her some time, nope! Both of you need those time. Opened your heart for her and always! ALWAYS say the TRUTH only.’ She beamed at Byul.

Message receive, Byul nodded her head and hugged the young woman in front of her whispering thank you. Seulgi is like her sister, they met during their studies at Harvard. She is her junior there but it's Byul who always rely on Seulgi.

Its lunch time, Wheein decide to meet up with her soulmate Ahn Hye Jin. ‘That’s so nice of her. Looks like someone with a lot of experience.’ Said Hye Jin purposely to best friend.

Wheein face turn sour and that’s make Hye Jin laughed. ‘Someone jealous here.’ Hye Jin pretending to whispered to make Wheein annoying and a hard slap land on her right forearm. ‘Auch!’ She pulled her hand immediately rubbing the pain away. ‘Since when a doctor become so violent?’ Hye Jin smirk still on her face.

Wheein rolled her eyes, too lazy to say anything but she is kind of curious too. ‘Know anything about her? I mean you handle hotel here so you must know something or anything?’ Wheein try to act like it's not an obvious question but it is. She asking either Hye Jin had accidently saw Byul with someone else since she a general manager at Paradise Hotel owned by Ahn family, one of the famous hotel in South Korea that locate in Seoul and Jeju Island.

Hye Jin raise her brows, rubbing her perfect chin trying hard to think about her best friend question. ‘Nope! Zero. She hold a few event at my hotel before but no issue at all.’

Wheein felt a bit assure after that but still, she have a small doubts about Byul, Hye Jin is kind of right. Byul seem to have a lot of experience with woman before.

‘What you worried about? Just ask her already, and beside it's Moon we talking about here. She never reveal her private life before. The only things people know is she the CEO of Moon Company and MoonStar games. That’s all!’

Byul exam the gold pillar necklace on her hand, she at one of the jewel store somewhere in Seoul. It has her name Moon Byul Yi 문별 written in hangul on it and she decide to engrave Wheein name too on the opposite site, Jung Wheein 정휘인. ‘It's good, you can wrap it.’ she carefully handle the necklace to the staff.

Byul decide to give the necklace to Wheein as their engagement gift. It's not really a proposal because she still want to use ring as a proposal. This one just a gift she want Wheein to have it.

Byul wearing her seatbelt before start the engine and carefully place the small box on passenger seat. She take out her phone from her coat and scroll down to Wheein name.

‘Hello, Byul shi?’ a honey like voice greet Byul right ear.

‘Err hello, Wheein shi. Sorrybutareyoufreetonight?’ Byul speaks way too fast that even herself can’t understand it.

‘Sorry, I didn’t catch that Byul shi?’

Byul take a deep breath trying to calm herself, she never felt this nervous even in front of her thousand employees. Tighten her grip on her seatbelt ‘Are you perhaps free tonight Wheein shi?’

She can hear hesitation from Wheein voice on the other side, right she might have a patient tonight. Her brows drew together waiting for Wheein answer. Wheein decide to end the call to check her schedule with hospital first, so Byul have to wait for a few minute.

Feeling anxious, she start to drum her fingers on steering wheel. 10 minutes passed and her phone vibrate. She quickly swipe up her phone to check the message.

W: my schedule free after 6 pm

A wide smile spread on Byul face and she typing a reply straight away

B: I’ll pick you up at the hospital entrance then. See you.

‘I see… that’s why she booked VIP room at our restaurant.’ Hye Jin nodding her head after hearing from Wheein.

Wheein eyes widened looking at her best friend ‘She booked a VIP room?’ Wheein tilted her head slightly.

Hye Jin gripped the arm of the chair as she leans back ‘she always booked there for business dinner but never a VIP room. This is her first time. You can expect somethings. Oops!’ Hye Jin stop her words covering with a shock face ‘Did I accidently spoil her plan?’

‘No, I don’t think so... it's probably just a dinner or maybe Mdm. Moon asked her to take me out.’ Rights, there is no way Byul going to do something later. It’s just their third time meeting each other. She did exchange text with Byul and she can see Byul trying but she don’t really know.

‘I don’t really know about the setting so I leave it to you.’ Byul pause looking around the VIP room that she booked ‘but make sure it's not too much, we will be arriving here around 6.20 pm later.’

The waitress nodded her head ‘Sure Miss Moon. We will make sure to do our best.’

Byul pressed her lips together, it's dry. She nervous. This is the why she always pick her girl at club before. It's easiest that way and no feeling attach but now with her fiancée, it's different. She doesn’t want to let her down.

 

Wheein clear up her desk quickly as the clock pointed at 5.55 pm. Byul probably already at the lobby waiting for her knowing the older woman always keep her time on track.

She starts to feel a bit nervous now that she knows that Byul booked a VIP room for them to have a dinner, it's just hit her right now. A corner of lifted as she thinking about it.

She can see that Byul trying here so she have to make some effort too even though she herself didn’t really sure yet about Byul feeling. Is it because of the family business or is it because of her.

She scared. What if she falls by herself?

 

Eyes on elevator door, once it slide open and she saw the small puppy smiling at her, showing her deep dimple on her right cheek to Byul. She will never get over of this view.

She looks really beautiful. Wearing a light peach turtleneck sweater with a beige long coat, a black skinny jeans and sneakers.

Naturally Wheein link her arm with Byul and it kind of take Byul breath away for a second. Now that all Wheein left side pressed against her right side. She can smell Wheein sweet perfume. Its roses.

‘How’s long have you been waiting Byul shi?’

 ‘Just got here. Get in.’ she open the car passenger door for Wheein get in and close it.

Wheein debating whether she should ask where they going or not because she already know. That Ahn Hye Jin! She took a quick glanced at Byul who eyes focus on the road, she looks so full of charisma driving with one hand while the other hand rest at the middle between their seat. Wheein stare at Byul hand, she wanted to touch it. She missed the warm feeling of the older woman on her skin even though they not really holding hands before. It's just a brush against Byul skin.

She clasped her hand together lowering her gaze to keep her crazy thought away until she felt the warm sensation spreading on her hand. Byul slipped her hand between Wheein clasped hands and separate it, she intertwined her left hand with Wheein right hand then let it rest on the young woman laps.

Byul heart thumping loudly as she make a bold move so sudden. Eyes still on the road trying to act calm. She’s sure that Wheein can hear her heartbeat right now.

It's didn’t take long for Wheein to tighten their grip, she lazily rubbed Byul knuckles with her thumb and the older woman smile looking at her then eyes back on the road. Byul hand always warmer than Wheein. It's just perfect.

‘Your hand, it's warm.’ Wheein mumbled but loud enough for Byul to hear it.

‘Are you cold? Should I increase heater... .’ Byul about to pull away her hand to punch heater button but Wheein quickly tighten her grip on Byul hand. ‘No, I’m … fine.’ Wheein chuckled lightly.

Okay her denseness on another level here. 

 

Walking hand in hand toward VIP room, both of them being greet warmly by hotel staff. Hye Jin surely trained her employees well. Wheein step inside the room and fell open, it's filled with white roses and the lighting is nice. . It's so romantic. She didn’t expect this from Byul on their first date?

Stealing a quick glanced at Byul, Wheein can feel the heat on her face because of Byul soft gaze. Her cheeks turned pink.

Sitting face to face, a warm smile spread on Byul face as she saw Wheein face brightened. ‘You like it?’ she asked eyes beamed on Wheein.

The small puppy smile and her dimple deepened. ‘Thank you’ she whispered slowly reach out her hand placing it on top Byul hand on table. Both of them having a light conversation during dinner asking about each other works and Byul also mention that she have a flight to catch before midnight and Wheein expression hardened.

Guilt spread through Byul heart, she shouldn’t tell her this soon.

Both of them finish the dessert and now Byul start to feel nervous as her palm sweat. Her eyes looking everywhere but not directly at Wheein. Thinking about how to start the next conversation because it the serious one. She ran her hand through her hair.

Byul took a deep breath then open ‘Wheein shi..’

Wheein lift up her chin looking at Byul, she studied the older woman face as she notice Byul temples sweating, in this cold room. Fever? But she just fine before.

Byul slowly take out a small rectangle black box from her inner blazer pocket, she open the lid and place it in front Wheein. The young woman gasped, she automatically raise her right hand to cover that fell open. It's a gold pillar necklace and Wheein saw her name on it.

Her eyes gleamed as she look at Byul who already standing beside her.

‘It's my mother, I want you to have it.’ Byul take out the necklace and motion Wheein who still in shocked to lift up her hair. Byul lean forward and her hot breath pass Wheein face as she try to lock up the necklace behind Wheein neck. Her hand trembling a bit as the necklace finally locked nicely on Wheein slender neck.

She pull away looking at Wheein who now wearing the necklace she been wearing since she was five. The young woman eyes flooded with tears causing Byul to panic. ‘Wheein shi? You don’t like the..’ Byul words were cut off by Wheein sudden throw her body into the older woman arms, wrapping her hands tightly around Byul neck.

She circled her arms around Wheein waist tighten the hold then slowly caress the young woman back. ‘Glad you like it.’ Byul pull away wanting to look at Wheein face. There’s tears trace on her cheeks and Byul softly wiped it away with her thumbs.

Hand still around Byul neck ‘Are you sure about giving this to me?’ she studied Byul face looking for any hidden answer she can get. Just in case.

‘Yup! It's an engagement gift for you. That is the only piece my mother left for me and now I want you to have it.’

Wheein guilty deeper as she didn’t prepare any gift for Byul. ‘Byul shi.. It’s means a lot to me but I didn’t prepare anything for you.’ Her eyes filled with sadness with her lips slightly pouted.

Trying hard not to kiss those pink plumped lips in front of her. Byul grinned while shaking her head. ‘You don’t have too Wheein shi.’ Byul lean forward and to kiss Wheein forehead but she stop dead when she heard someone knock the door.

Wheein quickly take a step back releasing Byul neck as she can feel her face turning red while Byul face looks like she about to kill whoever behind the door.

The waitress sense her timing was off as she walk in the air inside the room, nope! It’s the air around Byul filled with dark aura. The waitress clear gather a courage to speak ‘Sorry to disturb miss Moon but you have a visitor claiming she close with you and we try to hold her but…’ The waitress explanation were cut off with a woman walks in confidently.

Jessica.


I decide to upload it today because i dont want to edit anymore. sorry about that

ps : thanks to every comment and to people who subcribes. i really appreciate it and i will work harder to make a better chapter. and sorry if there any mistake.