Chapter 9

Arranged Marriage

‘It’s more than PTSD isn’t it?’ Wheein asked, her voice weak. Don’t really have any energy left in her body. Hand buries deep in her hairs, elbows rested on Byul bed to support her head.

Byul been admitted at Moon hospital, her room located quite far from others at VIP floor to avoid any rumours. Lying on bed helplessly with both of her hand tied up to each side of bed. Seulgi said it's necessary because Byul going to cause a scene the moment she awake.

Wheein, of course don’t want that, she hates it seeing Byul being tied up like that.

Seulgi took a deep breath before answer Wheein question, ‘We can’t confirm it yet but, I suspect it's an episode. She start to hear those voice longer than before and she lost in her own world. Completely different from her previous symptoms.’

‘What’s her previous symptoms?’

‘Just a nightmare, that voice she been heard is RARELY happen before…. Wheein..’ Seulgi pause facing Wheein completely. ‘It's you, you triggered it, that’s how much you meant for her, she wants you so bad that her mind and body system oppose it.’

Wheein heart sank, everything around her seem to be in black and white. There is no colours at all at the moment. She wanted to run away, this must be a dream. It can’t be her reality. Just like Byul, this is just a nightmare and both of them going to wake up soon. Clasping her hand together, praying that all of this just a dream.

But it isn’t, Seulgi voice once again penetrate her mind with another bad news.

‘You can’t meet her for awhile, both of you need to be separate…’

Eyes level with Seulgi ‘What you mean by that?’ she snapped, she want to stay beside Byul, she doesn’t want to leave Byul again.

‘Wheein I’m sorry but, the more she stay with you, she will hear that voice more often and that’s a torture to her. In order to bring her back, we need to separate both of you. Byul, it's a silent battle between her and her own mind. She stand-alone Wheein. Byul must find her own way out and that’s the only way to bring her mind back to normal state.’ … ‘Wheein, you are her deepest and the most desperate desire of her heart.’

….

Leaned her back against the concreate wall, the wall that separate both of them. Wheein hugged herself, gripping tightly at her upper arm, her nails all buries in her soft skin causing a little pain but she don’t mind that because she doing that on purpose. It is to distract herself from Byul screaming.

A tears escaped from her eyes, it’s been three days and Byul condition is still the same. Whenever that older woman open her eyes, she will start to scream calling for Wheein. Begging her not to leave. Wheein wants to runs inside but she can’t. It’s only make Byul weak according to Seulgi.

Byul still having an episode, day and night, her nightmare just won't go away.  But one thing did change, Byul only call for Wheein now. Not her family or Krystal anymore.

 

‘It might be a good sign Wheein, it's mean that she no longer living in the past.’

Wheein can’t really smile on that news, she just want Byul to okay. Mdm. Moon on the other hand is another headache to Wheein. She doesn’t care about Byul at all, all she did was covering the news and stopped the rumours about Byul having a mental illness. That’s all.

 

Day 7, Byul seem to calm a bit, no more screaming and shouting. still mutter Wheein name. Seem like Seulgi method kind of work here. No more episode attack.

Seulgi walks in and Byul look away, don’t really want to talk at the moment. Seulgi let out a heavy sighed, she knows exactly why Byul acting like that. Byul been asking her to let Wheein visit her but Seulgi didn’t approve it.

‘Unnie, just a little longer. You need to be strong for Wheein, for both of you.’

‘She’s going to left me. Let me see her.’ still look away.

‘That things you been thinking didn’t even happen here unnie. It's not her who left you.’ Seulgi reach out for Byul, placing her hand on Byul shoulder, ‘Please unnie..’

‘Wheein birthday…’ those words slipped out from Byul dry lips. She look up hoping for Seulgi to let her meet Wheein.

‘I’m sorry unnie. I can’t. It’s for your own sake.’ Seulgi walked out with a heavy heart. She can’t allowed that, Byul going to have another episode attack if she let them meet.

 

Wheein lost a lot of weight, didn’t really have a proper meal in these past days. Sitting across Seulgi, her heart sank deeper when Seulgi told her that Byul remember her birthday.

‘You said I triggered it, maybe I could heal it too.’

‘I can allow that but it's still too early, she just stopped having episode yesterday Wheein.’

 

 

It's been two weeks, Byul having a nightmare every night and Seulgi confirm that Byul episode completely gone for now. Since Byul didn’t meet Wheein, she stable for now. They still tied up her hand, only her right hand this time in case she try to escape. She did try once.

 

Standing in front of Byul’s door, Wheein debating herself if she want to go inside or not, she took a quick glances to check if anyone saw her. Without a second though anymore she slide the door open and walk in.

 

New scent permeated the room. Its roses, Wheein scent. Wheein!!!

Byul look up so fast and her eyes meet those light brown eyes that she been crave to look. The young woman runs toward her so did Byul. Byul almost fall backward because of her right hand been tied up.

Wrapping her hand tightly around Byul’s torso. Both hugged like there is no tomorrow, tears escaped. Room filled with their silent crying.

‘Wheein.’ Byul buries her face into Wheein shoulder, sobbing hard. ‘I missed you Wheein, don’t go.’ shaking her head furiously, left hand firmly hold on Wheein waist.

‘I won't go anywhere,’ Wheein point her finger at the door ‘see Byul. I’m just outside, every day. So please Byul, free yourself.’

 

Someone open the door and Byul completely lost then, tighten her hold on Wheein causing Wheein to wince in pain. Byul alarmed, she on defence mode. It's all red to her especially when Seulgi walk in with a syringe.

‘NO! You can’t take her!!’ she screamed. Wheein know she made a mistake by walk in here but it's all too late now. She want to help Byul so she want to take this risk.

Wheein motion Seulgi to wait, ‘I’ll talk to her, please trust me.’

Seulgi eyes bored into Wheein’s, thinking for a second. It's too risky but, she decide to trust Wheein.

 

Now it's only Byul and Wheein. Byul still holding Wheein’s waist. Might leave some mark on it.

‘Byul…’ Wheein cupped Byul face, without a warning Wheein lean forward and she press her lips on Byul lips, firmly. She can feel Byul body stiffened for a second then relax again.

‘Remember that Byul, I won't go anywhere.’ She pull away, staring softly into Byul eyes. Those dark brown eyes now have a little spark in it. She grab Byul left hand and bring it toward her left chest, placing right on top where her heart located. ‘Feel that honey? It's only beat for you now.’

Eyes filled with tears, both of them.

‘So please Byul, love. Find yourself. See the reason. That voice, make it go away with our love.’ Wheein voice crack, she can’t hold it especially when Byul looking at her in that way. Like a lost child.

Wheein took a deep breath, ‘This. Is. Real. Byul.’ Wheein cupped Byul face again and kiss her, passionately.

Closing her eyes, feeling the softness of Wheein lips moving on her, how the small puppy slowly nibble her lower lip. She wanted to pull Wheein closer, she wanted Wheein to sit on her laps again, and she wanted Wheein. She loves her.

I need to get out.

Intertwined their fingers, eyes on each other ‘I love you Wheein.’ Byul finally say it. Zero hesitation with her deep voice. Tighten her grip on Wheein hand, Byul want Wheein to know she meant it with all of her heart.

Too shocked with Byul sudden confession, tears streaming heavily, buries her head into Byul neck. Mouth mutter I love you too along with her sobbing. She can feel Byul tighten her grip on her right hand.

Wheein can’t look into Byul eyes at all. She’s the weak one when it comes to saying goodbye. she hugs Byul again then pull away to kiss on Byul’s forehead, slowly down to her nose, lips brushing lightly again Byul soft skin. Then proceed to Byul cheeks and end it with a peck on Byul lips.

….

 

 

 

A few days past and Byul condition getting better, she didn’t have an episode attack even after she made contact with Wheein that day.

Sitting on bed, arms wrapped around her knees. Hours past. Byul still like that.

Wheein, she stay Byul. Said you want her so why became like this. Locked in the cage?

Because you can’t love no one else Byul, no one!

NO! I can love her, more than enough! She accepted me! She sees me.

Is this enough Byul? You can’t kiss her without imaging doing it with me.

NO! I never. Byul shut her eyes closed. Pushing away those voice, Krystal voice. She never imagine that woman whenever she with Wheein. Wheein is too pure, she can’t be compare to Krystal.

Controlling her breathing, mind focus on how soft Wheein lips brushes against her the last time they met.

 

Eyes opened and there is a spark in it! Byul quickly tap emergency button calling for Seulgi.

Just a few second past and Seulgi already inside the room, her chest rose and fell with a rapid breathing after running like a crazy person.

‘I know why it's always came back.’

 

Sitting beside Byul bed, her ears pick every words that escape from Byul lips.

‘I’m not really sure about it but I think it's because I didn’t end it with her, part of me still hoping a better explanation why she left me.’ … ‘I need to talk to her Seulgi.’

Not even a second Seulgi already shook her head. ‘What if she try to do something bad?’

‘I won't budge, there is only one person that capable to hurt me at the moment, and we both know who it is.’

Seulgi can’t deny that, it's the truth that only Jung Wheein can hurt Byul right now. Byul heart, every tiny space in it filled with Wheein already.

‘I dunno unnie but it too risky, you just stop having an episode.’

‘I wanted to end this Seulgi, I can’t stay away from Wheein anymore. I need to try everything I can.’

….

Krystal heart fluttered when she received a call from Byul yesterday, directly from her not her secretary. Walking confidently into a restaurant she saw Byul already there waiting for her. A smile formed on her lips.

‘Sorry I’m late.’ She said brightly making eye contact with Byul who just look at her.

Byul didn’t really felt anything at the moment she just want to make things clear here, hoping that no more nightmare whenever she lay her head on pillow.

‘You want to eat first?’ Byul asked politely, her tone just flat and Krystal sense that so the put aside the menu, ‘you want to do the talking first huh Byulie?’

Byulie, Krystal used to call her that whenever Byul sulked at something, before it always melt Byul heart straight away but now she neither like nor hate it.

‘Can I know why you left that day?’

‘So, that’s why you ask me out huh?’

A silent fell, Byul eyes is so hard to read today, Krystal let out a small sighed. ‘I dunno, maybe I’m too young at that time, too dumb to realize how much you meant to me.’ Reaching out to hold Byul’s hand, Byul’s knuckles with her thumbs. ‘I love you Byul, I didn’t stop when I left. I just..’

‘You lied.’ She cut her off. Pulling her hands away from Krystal, the woman in front of her have a line formed between her brows.

‘What do you mean by I lied? That’s the truth Byul!’

Shaking her head slowly ‘There’s no spark at all in your tone, the way you said you love me… sound cheap. You never love me with your heart Krys. I can feel that at that time too.’ eyes bored into Krystal’s. ‘I just too scared to admit it at that time, I don’t want to be left alone.’ A bitter laugh escaped from Byul.

‘No Byul, I love you with all of my heart,’ still trying to prove it that she did love Byul, she can’t accept that Byul love someone else that her. ‘That’s why I came here to find you. I know we can make it work for us. It might be hard but we can make it work Byul.’

Krystal words, Byul ignore it completely. Taking out something from her blazer pocket, it's a small emerald box. Placing it on table and slowly open the lid. Byul smile weakly at Krystal who look surprised.

 

‘It’s a rings that I want to propose to you before.’ Didn’t wait for Krystal respond Byul continue, ‘you can keep it if you want, I’m planning to give it to you anyway.’ She put the small box right in front Krystal. ‘I know you think I’ll never move on but I did, even me myself didn’t think I could Krys.’

Krystal body tensed, ‘what is it Byul? Are you ditching me?’

‘I didn’t, but you did …’

Krystal flinched at those statement and how calm Byul is right now, knowing what Byul said is indeed the truth. She can’t find a word to reason with Byul. The woman sitting in front of her is so calm, there’s no warry in her every features. And that makes Krystal heart crying in pain.

‘I lived in the cage after you left me, still hoping for you to come back, longing for a clear reason why you left. But then I met her Krys,’ smile appear on when she thought about the small puppy. ‘Wheein. She unlock the cage that I created. No she break the cage.’ Byul on her feet now, getting ready to leave. Adjust the lapels of her blazer.

Krystal can’t even do anything, but her heart rage with anger, Byul never been like this and it is all because of that little B.

‘I know you Krys, so a small warning here.’ Shoving her hands into her pants, eyes fixed on Krystal’s. ‘If you touch her. I’ll do everything, anything to destroy your life.’ didn’t wait for Krystal respond she pivoted her foot and walk out. Byul didn’t look back this time, there no need when a cute puppy waiting for you at home.



sooo here another chapter, hope u guys enjoy it. 

ps: sorry if there any mistake. 

love and peace out everybody!!!