Chapter 7

Arranged Marriage

8th April 2018

Still haven’t propose to Wheein. She already receives tons of lecture from, literally everyone. So Byul decide maybe next week she going to buy their engagement rings. She failed to drag their wedding date, it will happen on 25th May 2018.  The date has been set. Meaning that she really need to tell Wheein about her past.

Wondering will Wheein able to accept her, her current condition. Her past. Dark past.

Living together with Wheein in this past week was a tortured to her, yup no at all after winter camp. She hold herself. Guilty spread through her entire body whenever their skin make contact. Is not like she doesn’t want it but she can’t, not now when her condition getting worse.

The small puppy of course make a protest and she start to sense something off with Byul. Byul seem more distance than ever?

Clicked her pen and sign the document that been deserted on her office desk for a few days already. Lazily reviewing it again in case there is any small mistake that her secretary didn’t notice.

Then bang! Seulgi stormed in ‘UNNIE!! Check the news! Quick!’

Byul rose from her seat, terror overtook his face as she saw Seulgi pale face. She quickly swipe up her phone. Her eyes about to pop out when she read the news. The !

CEO M WHO CURRENTLY ENGAGE WITH MISS J CAUGHT UP LEAVING HOTEL WITH MODEL KNOWN AS K

CEO OF M COMPANY CAUGHT UP HAVING A SCANDAL WITH A FAMOUS MODEL

CEO M HAVING INTIMATE REALTIONSHIP WITH FAMOUS MODEL AT HOTEL K IN JAPAN DESPITE PUBLICLY ENGAGE WITH THE HEIR OF J FAMILY

And the rest of the news are about the same, CEO M here CEO M THIS AND THAT. FAMOUS MODEL. MISS J. SCANDAL. HOTEL. INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP. There’s even a picture of Byul and that woman leaving hotel, it’s an old picture of them.

Wheein! NO! She must have seen this news already.

Dial up Wheein number but it went straight to voicemail. She can’t think straight, no! She pressed her head with both of her hand. Her chest tighten. She can’t breathe and that voice ringing inside her head, laughing at her situation. Mocking her.

‘You not even a human to me.’

‘You not even human Byul. You cannot love.’

‘You cannot love.’

‘You cannot love.’

‘You cannot love.’

Seulgi quickly went to Byul to calm her down, she knows that Byul have a condition. ‘Unnie, hey breathe…. Unnie look at me, its okay ... unnie’ Seulgi place her hand on Byul chest to guide her breathe. After a few minutes Byul seem stable a bit.

‘Hye Jin! She might be with Wheein right now.’ Byul quickly text Hye Jin.

B: Hye Jin, is Wheein with you?

Then her phone vibrate.

H: Yes! Come here and give some honest explanation! My office.

‘Seulgi, Wheein at Hye Jin’s office. I’m going there.’ grabbing her car key.

‘Wait! Unnie, did you saw who inside the photo?’

Byul stopped her track and turned around facing Seulgi. The young woman still frowning. So Byul take out her phone. Second blow to her heart. It's her, it's not the one night stand but it's her. Those media blurred the woman face but Byul recognize it, she can’t be more sure than this, it is her.

Byul tighten her gripped on her phone. Staring at the screen, there’s even a selfie photo of her and that woman, wonder where the media got those. It's during that time. Her dark past with that woman. Byul pinched the bridge of her nose.

Seulgi walks closer to Byul ‘Unnie, just tell her. It's all in the past. This is your chance unnie.’ Seulgi squeeze Byul shoulder, giving her some strength. ‘It won't be easy but after that you will be free. I am sure Wheein going to accept who you are right now unnie.’

Byul shook her head ‘She’s going to leave me. I’m too dirty.’ She shook her head slowly, feeling disgusting about her past life.

‘No unnie, please don’t say that to yourself. Everyone made a mistake in their life.’

Byul smile weakly hearing those, she about to say something when her office door swung open angrily.

Madam Moon, both Seulgi and Byul swallowed hard their own saliva.

‘Seulgi, can you wait outside for a while?’ anger poured through her on her eyes land on Byul. Her only granddaughter.

 

Byul mind all crumble down now that she is facing her grandmother. Mdm. Moon eyes filled with anger that she only saw it when she was 11. Byul stand still. Her eyes fixed on the floor.

Without warning Mdm. Moon swing her right hand with a full force. Slapped! Byul staggered back because of the sudden force hit hard on her left cheek. Sting! She clenched her jaw. Her lips sealed knowing she deserved that. She swear she can taste blood a bit.

‘HOW DARE YOU?! Looks at our company stock!’ Mdm. Moon range. Her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths. ‘I don’t think I can even face Jung family after this! They give us their precious daughter Byul!’

Byul face hardened, stock is all you cared about after all. Wheein name came second.

Lifted up her chin, her eyes level with Mdm. Moon, rage nearly consume her when all her grandma care is their company stock. ‘It’s during my studies. That picture.’

Those words only exaggerate Mdm. Moon anger. ‘I. Do. Not. Care. When those pic were taken! The point is right now because of your stupidity everything else is crumbling down!’ she pause placing her hand on her chest trying to control her anger, ‘Next project about to launch this June and here..’

Can’t take it anymore, again it's all about this stupid company Byul walk passing her grandma leaving the old woman standing there alone. Puzzle.

….

‘I told her you were here.’

‘What? Why?’ wiping her tears away so she could have a proper look at her best friend. Wondering why Hye Jin told Byul that she’s here. Hye Jin obviously know she is running away from Byul right now.

‘It's just and old photo, probably her first love or something. You acting like this only worsen the situation. Hear her out first. Okay?’

Before Wheein could answer Hye Jin phone vibrate and she stand up. ‘She’s here.’ Pointed at her office door.

‘I’ll let you guys talk.’ Hye Jin walk toward the office door, opened it up and soon after that Byul walk in.

Wheein sitting on single chair sofa holding a tissue, well… she cry of course. Byul heart breaking into pieces as she saw those red eyes. She promised not to hurt the girl but here she is, the main reason the girl been crying. Stopping her track a three feet away from Wheein, didn’t dare to go further.

Wheein didn’t look at her in the eyes.  

Byul lower her gaze staring at the floor, her voice stuck. Nothing inside her head, she want to beg for forgiveness but she just stand still. The guilt, pressure start to build up on her chest.

‘It's on old picture of me.’ Byul opened after 15 minutes standing there. She want to say sorry but she doesn’t sure if she deserve it. Eyes still on the floor.

She can feel Wheein eyes on her right now. She can feel the heat of hates and anger coming from those light brown eyes.

Wheein noticed at right corner of Byul mouth, there a small bruise. Her heart clenched a bit, worries filled her head but she decide to push that feeling aside for now. There is another issue they need to discuss here. Yup she is childish, when it comes to Byul, Wheein always show her immature side.

‘First love?’ Wheein asked firmly. She kind of understand if the woman was Byul first love. I mean they didn’t know each other before. It's her past. Don’t really matter if Byul move on already but Byul doesn’t seem to…

Byul lift up her chin to locked eyes with Wheein, she can’t look at those sad eyes right now. Its hurts. It's filled with tons of emotion in those light brown eyes. Most of it is misery.

Byul start to sweat and her symptoms start to make an entrance. Hands trembling and the oxygen doesn’t seem to find a way to make it into her lungs. Taking a deep breath, trying to remain calm. She hates herself, her condition make it more difficult for her. ‘Once ….’ She pause, didn’t break her eyes with Wheein and she can see that the young woman thinking she barking lie here. ‘She’s used to or she almost became one, she … she.’ Stuttering. ‘I’m her puppet.’ Byul shut her eyes closed after she let those words out.

She caught a glimpse of how shocked Wheein face is and she can’t bear to look at those face. She can hear Wheein heart shattered into pieces.

But Byul decide to come clean, that who she is in the past. She s around, that’s normal. And then there is more, she has this girl who she who made Byul as her slave, a thirst slave. Byul must do everything she asked for to satisfy her own thirst.

Byul, she’s a maniac in the past. She is not human in the past and she can’t never be one according to her.

‘Is that why you been avoiding me? You want her?’ Wheein eyes bored at Byul, fist clenched. She can’t believe what she heard just now. It's coming out from Byul mouth itself.

‘No!’ Byul deny it. ‘No! Wheein it's not that. Please ... hear me out’ body start to trembling heavily, Byul cannot feel her own limbs Byul fall on her knees. She is scared. Open to explain but the words didn’t came out at all. Her breathing become short.

Wheein stood up abruptly, shock that Byul fall on her knees but the young woman standstill, she cannot sure is it because she’s too hurt to help Byul or feeling too disgusting toward Byul. Her legs just don’t want to move, so do her heart at the moment.

Byul’s words keep playing in her mind over and over again with a picture of Byul and that woman stuck inside her head. She forgot that it's all in the past.

Byul was fighting back tears, scared it might seem fake to Wheein. Fists clenched tightly she opened . This scene seem familiar to Byul and those voice screaming inside her head. Just like before Wheein surely walk away too. She lost, Byul lost and her fear, her nightmare win.

‘You not even human Byul. You cannot love.’

‘You cannot love.’

‘You not even human.’

‘I’m sorry.’ That’s all she can say right now, another explanation would seem like an excuse to Wheein. Crying.  She weep like a child, hoping a tiny sympathy from Wheein.

Wheein can’t take this anymore ‘Stop Byul please…’

Image of Byul with that woman doing their things filled in Wheein mind. She is hurts. Thinking about Byul doing all of that kind of thing. It's her past but the damage that her heart receive just now is way too much. She can’t handle it.

Its feel like someone just ripped her heart with bare hand over and over. She can’t look at Byul right now, she need to get out. She need to clear her head so maybe. Maybe. She can think straight then.

Tears streaming down on her pale cheeks as she stormed out of the room without having a glance at Byul.

Trying to get up, Byul want to go after Wheein but her body didn’t react the way she want. Her Symptoms attack hard then and her chest tighten! She can’t breathe at all. Vision all blurred. Her world start to spinning and it's getting dark.

Right hand gripping tightly her left chest, mouth calling for Wheein over and over but the young woman gone already. Praying that her body would function back to normal but she failed. Her world went completely darks after that.



Another chap, sory for the late update, i'll been looking for a new job so its kind of headache to me lately btw enjoyyyyy!

ps: sorry if there any mistake and thanks for read, comments, subcribes and the upvote. I really apreaciate it ^^^^^^^