Chapter 3

Arranged Marriage

Eyes goes back and forth between Byul and the woman, Wheein try hard not to frown but she doesn’t care anymore after the woman open as she take out her business card from her upper part.

Does it has to be directly from there? I mean she got her purse on her left hand right?

She can’t no longer feel the cold air inside this VIP room as her body temperature shoot up to the sky. Wheein swear she can feel the hot steam coming out from her ears.

Byul start to panic inside her, she can see clearly from the corner of her eyes how fast Wheein face change from bright to grim. She so F up this time. A cold sweat break at her temples.

Jessica extend her business card directly to Byul, leaving Byul no other choice but to take it, she still hesitate. ‘Don’t forget you still owe me a night Miss Moon.’ She raise one of her brow staring daringly at Byul with a flirtatious smile on her lips.

Wheein hands squeeze into a fists as she heard a word night coming out from the woman mouths. It's sound somewhat dirty. Disgusted. She glare at Byul from her corner eyes.

Byul try to remain calm here but she can’t deny that inside her head is a complete mess right now, she just cannot think of anything except Wheein death glare beside her.

Byul clear carefully open to speak ‘Sure, my assistant will contact you during OFFICE HOUR.’ Byul purposely pressed the office hour words as she start to feel a little bit annoying with this woman sudden action to just walks in during her dinner with Wheein.

It's their first date here!

Both of them just a business partner of her latest project and they not that close at all. Mostly they contact through Byul secretary.

Jessica then shift her eyes toward Wheein who been deadly stare at her from the start. ‘Girlfriend?’ she asked annoyingly hoping Byul to deny it.

‘Fiancée…’ Byul wrapping her arms around Wheein shoulder, she can feel Wheein body stiffened with her touch. Bad move here Byul shi, the small puppy in a bad mood. ‘Jung Wheein ... Wheein shi, this is Miss Jessica Jung which my latest project have some collaboration with her company.’ a line form between Byul brows as these two share the same family names. Thanks goodness they’re not blood related.

Jessica forced a tight smile and slightly bow her head to Wheein so do Wheein. Both having a silent intense battle through their eyes. The heat coming out from those eyes might start a fire.

‘Err … we’re going then, we finished the food already.’ wanting to get out from there as soon as possible, Byul gently grab Wheein right wrist walking away passing Jessica who can’t really do anything.

 

Byul wait for Wheein to put on her seatbelt before drive away. Still can’t get over from earlier situation Byul nervously drumming her fingers on steering wheel, stealing glance at Wheein who still looking out through the windows.

She didn’t say a word after that, trying hard not to make it obvious that she is upset but she just human after all. Wheein can’t help but feeling a bit hurt especially when the woman mention Byul owe her a night which probably just a business dinner. But her heart are too swollen to thinks straights right now. She can’t just ask Byul are they sleeping together before. She clasped her hand together trying hard to think positive here.

Got a flight to catch later and it's only three hours left. What a great timing. How can she take her flight if Wheein stay silent like this plus it's happened on their first date and Byul already messed it up. Real bad.

Should I say sorry? For Jessica who created this mess? I already introduce her as my fiancée though. Tighten her grip on steering wheel, Byul drew a long breath.

Meanwhile in Wheein head, all she could think is those business card that came out from Jessica’s upper part which is now in Byul’s pocket. She want to tear that card into pieces! But Wheein can’t really say anything here, it's not Byul fault, well not entirely. Byul still take her business card.

Sure Wheein shi, let’s be a kid here. Let’s make this mess longer. Be stubborn Wheein shi. Her brows drew closer as her mind keep debating about Byul.

Scratching her head, Byul decide to pull over. ‘I’m sorry…’ she finally say it, eyes level with Wheein, she can’t stand the tension, tighten her grip on steering wheel. Can’t really bear to look at those sad eyes because of her.

Feeling guilty a bit but still she wants to know ‘what night did..’

‘It's just a business dinner.’ Byul cut Wheein off, so that’s the problems. Why can’t she see it? ‘And it's not just the two us, there are others too. My secretary always there whenever I have meeting ...’

Wheein turned facing Byul, her guilty deeper now, it's really just a business dinner. Her anger cool down a bit seeing the older woman trying to explain. ‘It’s not really your fault… except well ... the business card.’

‘Card Wheein shi?’ Byul use a polite tone as possible to avoid any other mistakes. Then she got it! formed an O shaped ‘Ah … I see.’

Wheein extended her hand asking for the card, Byul quickly take the card out from her pocket. Instead of give it to Wheein she open her car mirror and throw it away.

Facing Wheein only to receive a soft slap on her arms ‘You shouldn’t throw it on the street!’

Flustered with the situation, Byul quickly open her car door, holding her laugh while bend her body to pick up the card. That card surely been giving her a hard time today.

NEVER! EVER TAKE ANY BUSINESS CARD FROM OTHER WOMAN IN FRONT YOUR FIANCEE!

Both laughing as Byul place the card on Wheein palm.

This puppy seriously have the ability to control me.

Byul take a quick glance at her wrist watch, about 2 hours more left. She sighed, looks like she need to take her grandmother private jet tonight. She should have own one of that, now she regret it!

Byul rarely use Mdm. Moon private jet, she hates it when she owed her grandmother, Mdm. Moon definitely asking something in return later. Of course she could afford her own private jet but she decide not to, well until now. Until she met Jung Wheein

‘It's time to catch your flight already?’ there’s a bit sorrow in those angel voice. Bittersweet.

Those light brown eyes, her fringes and those small pouted. She wanted those lips on her, pull yourself together Byul!  Byul scratching her brows ‘Nope! I will take grandma private jet I think.’ Quickly take out her phone and make a quick phone call before return to dumbfound Wheein.

‘You can do that?’ she asked Byul with her wide eyes.

‘Sometimes, I umm ... I plan to take you to ... err ... Shopping? This weekend. Dinner. Remember?’ 

Wheein raise her brows, slightly excited as the words shopping came out from Byul’s lips, right she didn’t find her dress yet since she too busy with hospital lately, so is this why Byul asked her out? ‘Where?’

This time a frown appear on Byul face, she didn’t think about it since she has stylist and most of boutiques probably closed by now. ‘I don’t know any good place Wheein shi.’

‘Let’s go to Solar boutique then, I always hang out there, she is my best friend.’ Wheein suggest the place, she can see that Byul didn’t know where to go. Well she is the CEO, probably never go to the mall at all.

….

Wheein scanned the dress as she pick about 4 dress that she decide to try and Byul already know it's going to be a very long day. She don’t really know about dress because mostly she wearing a suit or a tuxedo to any event which make all attention goes toward her. She asked the staff if there any suit that match with Wheein dress so she could try and the staff suggest she wait because Wheein could change her mind.

Right, women. Even herself as a women can’t really understand it.

Now Byul sitting at the L shape sofa with a coffee table that filled with a fashion magazine. Wheein already inside fitting room changing into her first dress. It's took a couple of minutes which feel like an hour to Byul. She is bored to death.

‘Miss, we going to open the curtain now.’ The staff voice awake Byul from her bored eyes.

She sat up straight and her heart start to beat a faster, anticipating. Then swoosh the curtain slide open. Standing there her beautiful fiancée with smile showing her deep dimple. Wearing a vintage white dress with lace, it's fully cover up to her neck, the waist look a bit tight and below that its spread out wide like a wedding dress. It might be too much for this weekend dinner. So they move to the next one. But still, Byul can’t forget Wheein look in that dress. It's mesmerizing. She can’t wait to see Wheein wearing their wedding dress.

Second dress is a black mermaid dress, long sleeve but the chest area is bare leaving Wheein skin expose down to her cleavage. It's make Byul doesn’t know where to look and she can feel the heat slowly start to build up on her face. Even Wheein herself place her right hand on her chest to cover it up, both seem uncomfortable.

It's almost two hours now thanks goodness it's Wheein’s best friend boutique, the curtain slide open for the third time. It's a navy blue sleeveless lace dress. She likes lace huh. Its knee length dress and its expose the Wheein perfect collar bone showing gold pillar necklace on it. Wheein seem to like this one as her dimple didn’t leave her face this time but Byul still ask her to try for the last dress.

Finally the last dress, the curtain slide opened and this time Byul got up unintentionally. Her heart just gone at the moment. Wheein looks really beautiful gorgeous in burgundy lace dress long chiffon. It's sleeveless and her back is bare. Byul can’t take her eyes off her, she can’t even blink right now. She even need remind herself to breathe properly this time.

‘I think this is the one Miss Jung.’ Said the staff to blushing Wheein as her notice how Byul looks at her right now.

‘Can I try a suit now? Same colour perhaps?’

Staff leads Byul toward suit area. It's doesn’t take long for her. She choose right away a burgundy slim fit with double ed vest suit, a black slim tie, maroon shirt and black pants. A black leather oxford shoes. Perfect!

This time, it's Wheein turn, her heart skipped a beat when Byul walking toward her with those serious face, eyes on her. Byul in suit is everything. No word in this world can describe how handsome she is in those suit with her ash blonde hairs. Standing side by side Byul slightly bend her elbow motion for Wheein to link their arms. Getting ready to take a picture. Both smiling brightly looking at camera. There is a time where Byul steal a quick glanced to look at her fiancée.

It's almost midnight and the boutique usually close at 10 pm but since it's Miss Moon and Jung, they don’t really mind. Wheein must be real close with the owner of Solar boutique and Byul kind of curious about it.

After settle the bill both walks out from the boutique and just when they about to arrive at Byul car, she stop her step. ‘I left the key, wait here Wheein shi.’ Without waiting Wheein respond she rushed back toward the boutique.

‘Sorry miss, I want to take the third dress as well, the blue one. Can you choose a matching shoes for the dress and send it to this address.’

The staff nodded her head. ‘Can I know the shoes size Miss Moon?’

Byul freeze, she don’t really know Wheein size. ‘I don’t know her size…’

The staff give a simple smile and nodded ‘It's okay miss Moon, we have her record I think. Do you want to write a card or something?’

Byul shook her head. She really bad with writing something like that. She decide to give it as a gift since she saw Wheein really like the third dress, she can wear it on their date another time. After she settle the bill for the second time she rushing back to Wheein seem its 5 degrees outside.

‘Wheein shi, I found it.’ she quickly unlock her car and rush Wheein to get inside as the woman start to shivering.

Byul quickly turn heater on ‘Sorry…’ she whispered feeling a bit sorry she had to lie to the small puppy.

Wheein quickly wave her hand ‘it's okay Byul shi.’ She smile at Byul and those looks just melt Byul heart right away and those damn dimple!

Did she smile like this in front others too?

….

Byul park her car in front Jung mansion, this time both of them didn’t open the car door. Both don’t really want to part away especially Wheein who seem quiet after shopping. She knows that Byul will go straight to Incheon international airport after this and then they will meet again during dinner. This weekend.

‘Promise me you gonna call?’ Wheein clasped her hand together, she don’t really want to look at Byul eyes right now. Her heart feels heavy. Bitter.

Byul turned her body facing Wheein, she reach out the woman hand and separate it for her to hold. She lean forward to lock eyes with Wheein, there a sorrow in those light brown eyes. ‘Every night sweetheart.’ Byul voice hit Wheein ears softly.

Wheein can’t take it anymore, she lean forward snuggle into Byul neck as she wrapped her hand tightly around Byul waist. Gripping tightly on Byul’s jacket. She can hear Byul take a sharp breath by her action.

Wheein shi if you keep coming to me like this, I might cancel my flight tonight.

Byul hold the young woman and slowly caress her back, it make Wheein snuggle into her neck deeper. Byul can hear her own heartbeat this time or is it Wheein. She doesn’t sure anymore. Her heart about to jumps out from her chest.

She kiss softly on Wheein forehead and stay there for a few second. Then she pull away slightly staring at the puppy. There still a pouted on her face. She is tooooo cute to handle.

‘I have to go now Wheein shi.’ Byul finally say the words. Don’t really have a choice Wheein nodded her head. Understood.

Hands intertwined as she walk Wheein to the gate, Wheein punch the security and the gate opened. Hand still intertwined.

Wheein shut her eyes tightly as she turn and tip toe giving a simple peck on Byul’s pink lips. She can feel the softness of Byul’s lips. Then she runs away as fast as she can slightly slamming the gate. Leaving Byul standing there like an idiot.

Puzzled with the situation, Byul touch her lips, what just happen here? It's that our first kiss?

For the first time Byul heart ache as she leaving. She try to sleep but can’t. Wheein dimple keep appear on her mind and those moment, that moment when those plump lips land on her. If only she brave enough to kiss the woman before departed but the small puppy did it.

Gosh! I should have kiss her back at that time! Byul rans her hand through her ash blonde hairs with frustration.

I seriously hate myself!

She rest her head on table, right hand form a fist and continuously hitting the innocent table. Cursing herself under her breath.

….

Byul check in at hotel at Japan, it’s almost dawn. It's too late and she decide not to text Wheein. She will been spending her days here until Saturday morning. And it's going to be a tortures for her, Wheein soft lips. That is all she can thinks right now, not her company problems! Her company can go to the hell right now.

Byul keep her promise to call Wheein every night before she fall asleep and sometime the call just ended with Wheein sleeping sound on the phone. Its drive Byul crazy as her wild thought about Wheein keep popping up. She praying hard that she is able to hold herself on the day they meet later.

Both of them start to feel more comfortable around each other even though through a call only, Byul express herself more than ever while the small puppy still have a thin wall around her, she guard herself, lightly but she still take precautions this time. Byul wallpaper now replace with pic of Wheein and her. Wheein also send Byul a pic of the dress that Byul secretly bought for Wheein.

She can’t wait to meet Wheein this Saturday.


thanks for all those support, i really really appreciate it. i'll promise to write better next time. do leave a comment, i read all of them. just too shy to reply, lol. peace. love.

forgive me if there any grammar or spelling error.

i'm not a korean so if there any mistake i made with korean culture, spelling or anything do correct me, thanks!