Chapter 4

Arranged Marriage

Eyes fixed on television watching movie with Hye Jin since both don’t really have anything to do on Friday night, Yong Sun still busy with her upcoming fashion week, that older woman rarely spend time with these two nowadays.

Both silently enjoy the movie with a can of beer, falling deep into the movie.

After a while Hye Jin eyes shift toward her best friend who keep glancing at her phone. Probably waiting for some text or a call from someone special, a mischief idea popped up on her mind. ‘it's only 9 pm. She might having a dinner party to celebrate the success of their project … lots of famous people going to be there you know, she has tons of fans from those Japanese model.’ Hye Jin bite her lower lips, holding her laugh.

Wheein rolled her eyes, she knew her best friend intention. It's not like they become friends yesterday, it's been years already. ‘Stop it … watch the movie, said it's your favourite.’

Hye Jin chuckled a bit, ‘so, it's not that bad huh arrange marriage?’ she smirked.

Wheein turned her face this time staring at Hye Jin, well she went to her crying like a child who loss her parents when her father told her about Byul. ‘I … I didn’t expect her to be like this, in my head about arrange marriage is living under the same roof, different bed and super awkward dinner every night.’

Hye Jin lean forward a bit ‘What’s she like then?’

‘She …’ playing with the pillar necklace trying to think a suitable words about how to describe her fiancée, ‘different? I don’t know, I like that she never mention about company and how this marriage going to make it better. It's just … us?’ Wheein smile warmly, recall their conversation over the phone last night. Talking with Byul make her forget about who she is, it's make her felt she just Jung Wheein with Moon Byul Yi, not the heir of Jung family. It's her dream to live an ordinary life.

Hye Jin nodded her head, smiling brightly seeing her best friend happy. She is happy for Wheein, she knew her better than anyone else. Wheein hardly express herself so she kind of like when Byul seem to approach her best friend more. ‘Wuhuuuuu .., us now?’ Hye Jin teasing more nudge her elbow lightly at Wheein right upper arm.

‘Oh stop it, but I don’t know, she might you know doing all of this because it's not an option for her too.’ Wheein sighed, she’s scared. What if she fall by herself. Alone.

Hye Jin shaking her head, ‘those negativity, you need to get rid of it and if there anything just ask her not taking any wild guess and end up with a huge misunderstanding, alright?’ Hye Jin raise her right brow waiting for Wheein answer.

Wheein sitting politely and bowing her head clasping her hand together ‘Sure. Master.’

Both laughing, taking another sipped of their beer. Then Wheein remember this ‘Oh! Can you came this weekend for …’

‘She already sent invitation to me and Yong Sun for the company dinner, beside the event happen to be at my hotel.’ Hye Jin cut her off, ‘Byul, she’s working faster than you puppy.’

‘Only in that field, for a date she seem a bit slow or dense? Or maybe she want to take it slow?’ Wheein open another can of beer, her cheeks turn into pink remembering the event when she kiss Byul suddenly. She can’t even tell what possessed her at the moment.

Hye Jin gasped, covering with her right hand. ‘OMG!! What happen to innocent Wheein?!!’ she start to act like she in panic, raising both of her hand to the air and start to pray. Mouthing something that only she can understand it.

Wheein cringe at her best friend reaction, trying hard not to slap her. Taking another sipped of beer. She need those bitter liquor right now.

‘What if she come strong to you? Will you be ready?’ Hye Jin asked firmly this time, zero teasing.

Wheein shrugged, goosebumps. She is indeed not that ready yet but she kind of expect something too from Byul. But she can’t really blame the older woman, it's just their first date.

‘Did you lose your voice puppy?’ Hye Jin tap Wheein shoulder lightly when the small puppy didn’t say anything.

‘I’m thinking here…..’ she point her finger at her head, ‘I don’t think I’m that ready either….’

Hye Jin snorted, ‘see, she being gentle here for you. So appreciate it.’

‘Sure again master …’ rolling her eyes back.

….

Finally it's Saturday, Byul heart high as as she boarding the plane, even her secretary keep glancing at her with a weird face.

After 3 hours flight she landed at Incheon airport. She wanted to run toward her puppy as soon as she saw her waiting at the arrival gate. Both smiling widely.

Byul faster her steps and spread her arms widely allowing Wheein to throw herself in her arms. No longer awkward with each other with all those video call and voice call. She kiss the girl forehead and then there a shutter with flash sound here and there. Byul totally forgot that she is in public, she quickly take off her black baseball cap and place on Wheein head. It's not really matter to her but she don’t really want to exposed Wheein life even though she sure Wheein life don’t really have any different from her because of their family status.

Byul give a quick glare at her secretary, she forgot to inform Byul that press already there.

‘It’s ok Byul shi.’ Wheein smile to assure Byul that she is okay, her life just like Byul. It's just Byul receive more attention because she CEO of one of biggest company here while Wheein decide to not get involve with family business at all. She has that choice because she have the oldest brother, that Jung Hae In while Byul didn’t. Byul is the only heir of Moon family.

Hand intertwined, walking together with security guard around them for safety. Reporter and some of Byul fans follow them around, taking picture and video. It's not a new situation to Wheein, she once swarm by reporters at airport because of her family issues before.

They still have some time left before heading to company dinner. So Byul decide to take Wheein to her penthouse since they agreed to get ready for dinner later at Byul place.

Just yesterday Wheein decide to take slow with Byul, now she heading to her place already and it's only their second time being alone. Together. Her heart start to pick up the pace as their getting nearer toward Byul’s place.

Byul live top tower floor 33 at one of the famous penthouse locate at Gangnam. It's a two storey penthouse a massive living room that have bar area, kitchen, dining room, a mini gym at the corner and 4 bedroom 4 bathroom. All rooms are on the second floor. Byul already renovate it to her style. It's only has one master bedroom. Other bedroom she change it into her studies room and other room is her closet which packed with her clothes, suit, shirts, jacket, jeans and many more. The other two rooms she just leave it untouched in case she want to add something later. Well she a millionaire.

Wheein gasped as soon as the elevator door slide opened, now she knows what kind of life Byul been living. The house is neat and luxurious. There a pool table right beside living room, it's been separate by a glass door. A massive glass window showing very nice view here.

The penthouse is modern design with black, grey and white colours at the same time and some wooden colour.

Byul gently grab Wheein wrist dragging her toward living room.

‘So you live here alone’ Wheein asked. Of course she live here alone Wheein ah…

Byul nodded her head, ‘I only stay with my grandma until 13 years old. After that she send me to Europe. You want to look around first?’ Byul raise her brows waiting for Wheein.

‘Nope, let’s me check your fridge so I can start thinking about what dish I can make.’ Wheein stand up walking toward kitchen. It's a modern design with multiple stove, the combination of white and wooden colour cabinet match it well. From the start Wheein can see that this older woman didn’t cook at all. It's somewhat dry at kitchen area. Byul probably never step her foot in.

She opened the fridge and yup! All filled with beers and soju and mineral water and some juice. That’s all! Whiskey and others alcohol stock up at cabinet behind bar and no need to mention wine fridge. She sighed.

Wheein whirled around facing Byul who look at her like nothing happens at all. She glared at her. ‘Don’t you eat Byul shi?’

Just then reality hit Byul. Oh Shoot! ‘Outside.’ That’s all she can say. That’s the truth anyway and she don’t want to hire a chef because she hate stranger coming to her place. She only allowed her maid just to make sure her place stay neat.

‘So you just drink at home?’ Wheein pressed her tone this time. Byul quickly shook her head denying it. ‘Sometimes only when I …’ she shut tight when she saw Wheein glare on her.

‘Let’s do groceries shopping first, we have a lot of time. It's just 11 am.’

Byul pressed her lips together, slowly shakes her head. Young woman raise her brows questioning Byul action.

Byul take a step closer toward Wheein, wrapping her arms around the young woman petite body. ‘Don’t you miss me Wheein shi?’ she locked her eyes with Wheein with a soft gaze.

Wheein gulped. She try hard to hide her nervousness as she walk into this penthouse before but right now everything is crumbling down. She did missed her fiancée so much!! Her heart about to explode due to the way Byul looking at her right now.

Slowly, Wheein bring her hands up, interlace her hands behind Byul neck. She can feel Byul’s small hairs stands with her touch. ‘I miss you Byul shi.’ Finally, Wheein let her feeling out. Her voice shaking a bit due to nervousness. Her face all red now.

Both of them didn’t break their eyes contact. Byul tucked Wheein stranded hairs behind her ear. ‘I miss you more.’

Slowly Byul lean forward closing their gap, she kiss on Wheein forehead then slowly moving down, slightly trembling, those lips. Lips brush lightly against Wheein nose, she can feel Wheein hot breath on her face and the young woman gently gripping her collar shirt pulling her and their lips met, it's a sweet kiss.

She felt the softness of Wheein lips, she missed those feeling even though it was just a simple peck before.

Wheein tilted her head and slightly open parted her lips to give Byul a better access as the older woman use that opportunity to slide her tongue inside deepen the kiss.

They were kissing, only kissing. Passionately. Both lost in their owned world. Wanting this moment to be eternal. Lungs demand an air so Byul decide to pull away. She rest her forehead against Wheein. Both breathing hard.

‘That  ... erm amazing.’ Wheein whispered as she blushed and snuggle into Byul neck. Hiding. Her face flushed. Embarrassing. Hands gripping tight on Byul shirt. Don’t want to let it go.

Byul on the other hand having a silent battle inside her head, that voice came back. At that moment!

‘So … can we do groceries shopping now Byul shi?’

Wheein question causing Byul to laughed hiding away her internal conflict. ‘Sure Madam.’ She raise her hand into salute position and end up getting pinch on her arm by the small puppy.

….

Pushing the shopping cart lazily. Byul face brightened as Wheein links their arms. Wheein lost in her world of choosing ingredients. ‘What you like to eat Byul shi?’

‘Hmm ... I’m okay with anything.’ She don’t really mind here because it's Wheein who going to cook. Looks like the young woman knows how to cook with the confident look on her face.

‘I’ll do stir fried octopus with japchae then for today.’

Continue with the shopping lots of eyes on them, pic of Byul kissing Wheein on forehead at airport been upload by media already. People recognize them within a second since both still wearing the same clothes.

Some of them admiring and some have jealous face because of the way Byul treated Wheein. Whenever the small puppy can’t take stuff at higher places Byul will reach it out and asking Wheein is it the correct one. Sometimes Byul just lifted up Wheein causing Wheein to squeal a bit to let the young woman choose by herself. Her hand never left Wheein waist whenever they stop to pick up something.

Both of them didn’t really mind with people recording them, there is nothing they can do about it even though it's kind of disturbing and scary sometimes.

Wheein checking their shopping cart to make sure she didn’t missed anything. Glancing at Byul, Wheein can tell that this woman never came into this kind of place before. Byul keep reading and staring at almost everything in there with full of curiosity.

‘That’s it, let’s go.’ Wheein jerk her head toward cashier meaning they done with groceries.

Byul face stiffened when Wheein said she want to pay, she shook her head ‘Nope!’ slightly pushing Wheein to the back, she quickly take out her wallet from her back pocket but Wheein already hand her card to cashier.

Byul raise her brows staring at Wheein. Wheein quickly tilted her head using her cuteness ‘Just this time, plus it's not like I’m a jobless bum.’ Wheein pouted so Byul would fall into her trapped. She’s feel a bit uncomfortable with Byul paid in everything before. She knows that Byul didn’t care at all about it but still, she doesn’t want to take advantage on Byul kindness.

‘Alright, but no more after this.’ There’s slightly a warning tone in Byul voice.

….

Back at Byul penthouse and her stomach start to growls due to the smell of Wheein cooking filled the air. The small puppy completely focus on food that she didn’t realize Byul been staring at her this whole time.

What a beautiful lady, Byul can’t thanks enough how lucky she is right now. Wheein is completely opposite from her and she’s like that because two parallel line never met.

‘It's almost done, can you help me set up the table Byul shi?’ Wheein look up and just then she saw Byul eyes on her. She blushed and quickly lower her gaze.

‘Okay love!’ Byul excitedly taking out spoon and chopstick. She carefully scoop out rice and place it into two bowl for her and Wheein.

Calling Wheein love almost make the young woman spilled the dish, Byul seriously!

Sitting face to face with Wheein, Byul taste the first dish. Stir fried octopus and her eyes widened. ‘Wow’ that’s all she said before eating it like a crazy. She seriously hungry because she skipped breakfast and Wheein cooking is way too good. don’t even have any space as she keep shoving in more food.

‘Babe, slow down.’ Wheein hand her a glass of water and Byul smiling accept it. She might be hungry but she catch that babe phrase from Wheein. Her heart flutter even with those simple word. This puppy literally keep playing with her heart.

‘I’m glad you like it.’ said Wheein, her eyes gleamed.

….

An hour left before company dinner. So both of them busy getting ready especially Wheein. After 20 minutes Byul already at living room waiting for Wheein. She has to get out in order to let the woman getting ready. She trying to be a “gentleman” here by giving her some personal space.

Both of them getting closer than before, no more awkward smile. Byul likes that, but her heart wanted more. That young woman is a new kind of drug to her right now. She wants to hold the small puppy in her arms 24/7 and that scare her the most.

‘Byul shi.’

A bit starlet with Wheein sudden voice invade her mind. Byul lift up her chin and her soul left her body.

Wheein walking toward her in those dress making her heart stop. She already saw it before but she can’t get over it.

She is soooooo gorgeous!

She extend her hand and Wheein gladly accept it, the young woman blushed with Byul eyes on her. She always look at Wheein with those eyes, gleaming. It's as Wheein mean the world to her.

But it might be she always like that with others too Wheein, so don’t place your bet here.

‘You are so beautiful Wheein shi.’ She place her hand on Wheein waist looking softly into small puppy eyes. Wheein lower her gaze shyly. ‘You too.’ she whispered shyly, fixing Byul tie and her vest.

‘Let’s go.’ Byul intertwined their hand and gently lead Wheein. Her driver already waiting them downstairs.

Arriving at Paradise Hotel, all reporter already there with their super expensive camera. Wheein hand start to sweat, she is nervous.

‘It’s okay, I’m here’ Byul Wheein knuckles with her thumb giving her a warm smile to calm her. The young woman nodded. ‘Make sure I don’t fall Byul shi.’ Her voice tremble a bit.

‘Never’ Byul reply firmly. Her eyes sparked with fire. Not when she still alive. Not a chance! Nope! No!

The driver open the door and Byul get out first. The camera start to flash like a crazy. Well, Moon here. Then there a voice start to whisper here and there once Wheein make her way out from the car. Both of them getting shower by the camera flash.

Both have a hard time fighting with those camera flash, almost blind here.

Hand in hand both of them walk inside, Byul can feel Wheein body shivering as she place her hand behind the woman back, their skin contact because Wheein back dress is expose Wheein upper back.

There a small steps in front of them but what Byul did after that make Wheein feel really proud being her fiancée. Instead of let Wheein climb the small steps Byul lifted her up without any difficulty. Her cheeks turned pink with people wow at Byul action. This woman really like to lift her up whenever she got chance.

 

There tons of upper class people, Byul’s employees and VIP guest inside the hall, people greet them warmly and Byul start to introduce Wheein as her fiancée. There still a few people have hates on their face since Miss Moon is no longer available. Kim Yong Sun and Ahn Hye Jin also there as VIP guest from Wheein side.

‘Unnie!’ Wheein hugged Yong Sun tightly while Hye Jin and Byul just bow to each since they already know each other because Byul always throw event at Hye Jin hotel. Just like right now, Byul using her hotel great hall.

‘Byul shi, this Yong Sun unnie. The owner of the boutique.’

Byul eyes met Yong Sun and both of them shaking hand. ‘Nice to meet you miss Kim.’

Yong Sun giggle a bit ‘just call me Yong Sun, we going to be really close since you with Wheein now Byul shi.’

Hye Jin nodded her head ‘that’s right, just call me Hye Jin after this Byul shi. Can we?’

Byul let out a small laughed, ‘Sure, I won't mind that. We should hangout all together. I like to become friend with Wheein close friends.’

All four of them sitting together chatting mostly teasing Wheein. The girl face reddened and start to beg so Yong Sun and Hye Jin would stop.

Byul then wave her hand calling someone and the other three turn to have a look. Walking toward them a beautiful lady wearing a light peach dress and rounded glasses.

‘Seulgi, you late?’ Byul get up to greet the girl.

‘Sorry unnie, I got caught in traffic. Err introduction?’ she said awkwardly as all eyes on her right now. Feeling a bit suffocating.

‘Oh, this is my fiancée, Wheein.’ She put her hand on Wheein shoulder then continue to introduce Yong Sun and Hye Jin.

Now everyone done with introduction. They start to chat lightly and most of it interest in Seulgi because she a psychiatrist at Moon hospital. So she exchanged number with Wheein, they plans to grab lunch together since they are working under the same building.

‘Winter coming, should we go out for camping?’ Hye Jin suggest out of nowhere with a smirk. She nudged he elbow at Byul ‘This is your chance Byul.’

‘What the Hye Jin!!’ Wheein slapped her best friend arm. And the girl quickly rubbing it to hush the pain away. ‘This doctor becoming more violent lately.’

Byul chuckled at Hye Jin statement, ‘I’m okay with winter camp. Seulgi can bring Irene too. So it's going to be six of us and it's going to fun.’

The more the merrier.

Yong Sun gasped ‘Irene? That model?’ she cover shocking that Seulgi friend with Irene, she been trying to scout Irene into her company but it's not easy at all. She is current top model in South Korea.

Seulgi laughed lightly at Yong Sun reaction, she knows Irene been telling her that Solar company been hunting her down since last year. ‘Yup! I can help you become friend with her.’

All of them continues their conversation and they started to speak informal among them and Byul really like that because she been waiting to ask Wheein drop formality between them. Now thanks to her friends she is able to do it. Byul just realize how coward she become in front of Wheein.

Five of them completely ignore to whoever giving the speech at that moment and no one really dare to mind them, well their owned the party the moment they sitting with CEO Moon.

Now finally it's time for Byul to give her speech. The four of them finally showing some interest and their mouth fell opened as they saw how professional Byul transformed. No more playful smirk on her face, it's replace with a very capable smile full of charisma and leadership. She start her speech with a great formality.

It's was short, fierce and powerful. Everyone fall into her every words. At the last of her speech she introduce Wheein as her fiancée and jokingly hoping paparazzi would leave her alone after this. She also mention she didn’t properly propose to Wheein yet and someone screaming fighting causing a great laughed there. She gave him the thumbs up.

‘That’s who she is whenever she doing her works.’ Seulgi words bring the other three back into reality.

‘She’s workaholic?’ Wheein asked.

‘Not really, she just like to keep herself busy because she don’t … really have anyone.’ Seulgi pause as she saw sadness clouded Wheein features. Feeling a bit guilty. She place her hand on top Wheein hand. ‘Wheein, that’s the past, now she has you. Her life going to be different.’ She give Wheein a warm smile and the girl nodded her head.

 ‘Anything I need to know about her, Seulgi?’

‘She going to kill me if I tell you. She don’t want you to worry about her.’ Seulgi pause for a second ‘all I can tell you is, give her some time and she come clear to you. She already told me before. She don’t want to hide anything from you. And I hope you will always be there for her. Please be patient with her.’ Seulgi tapped Wheein hand slowly giving her some courage.

Curiosity hit Wheein about Byul past. Did something bad happened to her before?


Here another update, hope u guys enjoy it. do correct me if there any mistakes. thanks to those wo read and subscribe. All love and peace.