chapter 1

Arranged Marriage

Arrived in front of Moon Hospital entrance, Byul parked her black Maserati Quattroporte and have a glance at her phone to check what time is it, 11 p.m. She should be out by now. With her ash blonde hair wearing a black suit with long trench wool coat Byul get out and lean against her car while eyes focus on people coming out from the hospital lobby.

Shoving her hand into her coat pocket and let out a heavy breath due to cold weather, it's November. A few minutes passed then turns into hours. She started to paced around and jumping lightly in front of her car to keep her body warm.

People starting to notice who she is, the CEO of the Moon hospital standing right outside of the building causing a lot of questions especially to security team who seems to hesitate whether to approach their boss of not to ask if their boss need any help from them. Some people start to secretly take picture of Byul and not to mention a black SUV that parked a bit far from Byul car, paparazzi who been follow her everywhere for these past few years. That’s the life of CEO Moon Byul Yi.

I’m close of having hypothermia at this rate! Where is she?!! Byul screaming inside since she can’t really blame the young woman because she doesn’t know that Byul will pick her up tonight. Plus she don’t have her number to call and also doesn’t know which department she working on. Of course se could call the hospital director and the problem will be solved immediately but she hates it, using her power.

Walking leisurely staring at her phone while the other hand inside her jacket, a young woman with light brown hair wearing black skinny jeans with black sneaker that match with her shirt only her coat is dark brown. She lift her chin up looking at the front and her heart stop when their eyes finally met.

Moon Byul Yi???

Wheein start to walks faster, what is she thinking waiting outside in this kind of weather?!!

Byul who finally saw the young woman, Jung Wheein. She walks to get her but instead being pull inside with a slight force by the young woman. She just blankly stare at the woman who start to rummage her pocket taking out hot pack and place it on Byul hand then pressed it hard to help the heat spread faster. Byul hands is cold as ice.

Byul still breathing hard due to coldness furiously shaking her head while giving back the hot pack ‘I’m okay Wheein shi. Let’s go, I will send you home tonight.’ Byul gently grab Wheein right wrist and lead her toward car and Wheein follow Byul steps with full of question. Send her home? Where her chauffeur?

Both of them sitting awkwardly inside car, Wheein buckle up her seatbelt while Byul start the engine. ‘Warm yourself first.’ Wheein motion her finger toward car heater for Byul.

Byul just follow Wheein order before open ‘Mrs. Jung called me that your chauffeur have some urgent things.’ She explained it to Wheein because she can sense the question mark all over the young woman by her sudden visit. It's their second time meeting each other.

Wheein shut her eyes tight as soon as she heard her mother name. That Jung in ha seriously!

‘Sorry, you should have call me, I can take a cab…’ Wheein pause before turned her head facing Byul ‘How long you been waiting in this cold weather!?’ her face hardened staring at Byul who seem hesitate to answer her question.

Byul rubbing her chin eyes forward, don’t really have a courage to look at Wheein eyes that filled with frustration ‘I forgot to ask your number and it's not that . . . . long.’ She give a simple smile before asking Wheein address. Turned out Wheein still living with her parents for 6 months already since she came back from Australia, she finished her study there as a cardiac surgeon who now working at Moon hospital. she just 24 years old and already become a surgeon. One of the reason why Mdm. Moon, Byul grandmother choose Wheein as her future wife.

Journey to Jung mansion was calm and quiet because Wheein keep doze off and Byul always take that chance to have glance on Wheein cute face, the girl must be tired. She knows because she once work as neuro surgeon at Moon hospital but she quit. It was another story of her and she don’t really want to open it. now she just a CEO of Moon hospital and her game company MoonStar Games. Hospital is manage by director of the hospital who will send a report to Byul if there any problem with hospital and Byul will pay a visit then to solved the problems or sometimes Byul participate in everything that will cause headache to all Moon hospital employees because Byul always want the best for the patient.

Arrived at Jung mansion, Byul pull over beside a small gate. Now how she going to wake up the sleeping puppy beside her? She still in deep sleep and it make Byul feel like a crap to wake up young woman in that state.

Slowly and as gentle as possible Byul tapping Wheein shoulder ‘Wheein shi?’

A line formed between the young woman brows as she slowly opened her eyes looking dead. Rubbing her sleepy eyes until she realize that a pair of eyes staring at her right now.

‘We here Wheein shi.’ Byul point her thumb toward Wheein house gate.

Walking side by side and stop in front of the gate, Wheein start to punch the security number lazily and the gate buzz opened. She turned to say thank you but Byul giving Wheein her phone, this time Byul make sure she get her number. Her corner mouth turned up as she accept Byul phone and quickly type her number then call it to make sure she also have Byul number after this.

‘Thank you Byul shi for sending me..’

Byul raise her hand motion Wheein to stop talking ‘I will pick u up after this. Cancel the chauffeur.’ Her eyes lifted up hoping Wheein would agree.

Wheein can’t hide her excitement but she can’t just agree with it, the older woman already busy with her company and others. ‘I’m okay with it but what about you?’ she asked full of concerned.

Byul fiercely shakes her head ‘Nope! I can manage. Call me tomorrow.’ Without waiting for Wheein respond she turned walking toward her car and drive away after waving a simple goodbye. She want to hug the young woman before parting but it might be awkward so a simple waving is fine too I guess.

Wheein wake up cheerful as ever as she receive a text from Byul last night telling her that she’s home plus Byul will pick her up today. I’m better hurry. She didn’t expect Byul to be this gentle, I guess arrange marriage is not that bad just like her best friends said. Ahn Hye Jin.

Flashback week ago

20 November 2017

It's D-Day, the official meeting between two family, Moon and Jung families. Byul check her suit for the last time, she wearing a checkered grey suit with double ed vest and a black shirt with two button undone. Have a glanced at her loafers then she walks out from her penthouse heading to the lobby where her driver will be waiting.

Playing with her wrist watch on her journey to the restaurant with her grandmother beside her. Both of them don’t really want to start any conversation since their relationship is mostly about business. Byul owed her grandmother her life, she won't be here if not because of her grandma. She still remember it clearly in her head. It's just like yesterday.

Wheein let her hair down to her shoulder covering her bare skin as she wearing an open shoulder white dress down to her knees. The dress quite simple yet it make Wheein figure stand out looking like an angel with her milky skin. Can’t believe she choose this dress during this cold weather.

You can do this Jung Wheein. I am sure those miss Moon didn’t want this too but she also don’t have a choice. Yup! Just like me. So don’t be a kid!

After giving herself a prep talk she dragged her feet out from her bedroom meeting both of her parent who already outside waiting for her.

Both families finally meet up with a superb polite bow and greeting, introducing the two of them who clearly force a smile to each but Byul seem to be more relax than Wheein. The dinner was dry as since the elders keep discussing about the business and their wedding date and when to announce their engagement.

Byul sense that Wheein face hardened, looks like the elders who going to decide everything if she didn’t say anything. So politely Byul clear . ‘I agree with the announcement during this weekend, at company dinner but I want us to do the rest like wedding date and others.’

The air thicker by second so Byul decide to continue even though her grandmother already shooting a bazooka through her eyes. ‘I am sure Wheein shi would like that too?’ she shift her eyes to Wheein asking a little help here.

Wheein quickly nodded her head. ‘I am.’ That’s all she said, too nervous to say anything else. She can see that Byul is on another level here compare to her.

The rest agreed with Byul suggestion and continue the dry talk while Byul and Wheein keep glancing at each other doesn’t know what to say. It's their first meeting after 15 years.

Yes, both families are close to each for 20 years already and always attend each event as a VVIP. Wheein and Byul met once 15 years ago during a collaboration between Jung and Moon to build up a private university at Seoul which is RBW University, right now it's being handle by Wheein older brother Jung Hae In who same age as Byul. 15 years ago Byul was 12 years old and Wheein just 9, both still a baby and don’t really have a conversation happened between them. after that both of them being send to further their study outside South Korea. Byul study medical at Harvard University while Wheein at Sydney University.

6 months after Wheein returned to Seoul she been giving a news that she going to marry Moon Byul Yi, the only heiress of Moon family. She fought like a crazy but she didn’t really have any choice so here she is sitting beside Byul who also don’t have any choice either.

End flashback.