Chapter twelve

If we were destined [Sebaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks have passed like that. Sehun lacking in interaction, Baekhyun being confused.

All days seemed to be basically the same, Baekhyun went working, Sehun did the cleaning and cooking.

Until this day.

This day has changed Sehun's point of view about Baekhyun, radically.

As they woke up and Baekhyun had his breakfast served by Sehun, he left for shopping with Chanyeol.

The younger boy tried hard to ignore the assumption that kept creeping in the deep ditches of his mind, the assumption that Chanyeol and Baekhyun might have one of their biggest making out session right at this moment, but he f a i l e d.

Thus, he decided he will do a deeper cleaning, meaning he will sort out their personal papers, and throw out the unnecessary, expired stuff like bills, or return papers. 
Since Sehun was allowed to touch everything, as Baekhyun trusted him, he didn't waste a second and headed to the study right away. He didn't even know where to start, but since most of his papers were gone, he decided to take care of his papers later on his own, and organize Baekhyun's first.

He found a surprisingly huge pile of papers in one of Baekhyun's drawers, so he started off with that. He found his graduation certificate, his job contract, old photos of him and... Chanyeol.
As he kept digging deeper and deeper in the drawer by the time, he found a rather interesting looking envelope. Inside, there was an official court judgment, stating that Baekhyun is mentally ill, thus he's free from all the charges.

Sehun kept staring at the paper for a minute, tried to figure out what was going on.

What charges? What illness?

As he was about to read further out of curiosity, Baekhyun stepped inside the room. Sehun didn't even know how Baekhyun got there without him hearing any sounds, but he decided to ignore that part. He was too immersed in reading, probably that's why he didn't pay attention to the noises surrounding him.

'Sehun? What are you doing?' Baekhyun asked as he saw multiple piles of paper laying across the whole room.

'J-just sorting out the papers' Sehun stuttered as he tried to hide the papers in his hand, behind his back. He was too curious to put that back...

'What's in your hand?' Baekhyun asked suspiciously, but Sehun shook his head, signaling that there's nothing.

'Alright, let's pack these away, I have something to show you' Baekhyun shook his shoulders as he helped Sehun in cleaning up. Sehun left the papers he wanted to read on the armchair, as he went and helped Baekhyun.

'Where's the paper?' Sehun asked himself after finishing packing, looking around the room. He surely remembered that he left the papers on the armchair but now they are gone...

'Oh... Maybe I've put it away, I didn't pay attention to them' Baekhyun lied. Actually, when he saw what papers are Sehun holding, he almost panicked but managed to distract Sehun from them and hid them in a safe place for the time being. He couldn't let Sehun find out about his past... He would leave him right away. And that was the thing Baekhyun wanted the least to happen.

Sehun tried to not to care but curiosity was driving him insane, yet he didn't dare to ask about it himself.
'So? What did you want to show me?' the taller asked in a bored tone.
Suddenly he realized that Baekhyun was wasting his day away with Chanyeol, while he was all alone. He wanted to be with Baekhyun, too.
His thoughts from the papers were distracted easily as jealousy grew bigger and bigger inside him.

'Oh, it's just... You don't have to see it if you don't want to...' Baekhyun said, almost whispering in disappointment. He thought Sehun's gonna be excited upon receiving a gift, or maybe he could get a hug... Or something. A smile. A thank you.
He was hoping to interact with Sehun as they used to, weeks before... Before he would ruin their unofficial, first date.
He was spending his free time with his best friend, Chanyeol because the silence and awkwardness were killing him when he was beside Sehun, yet he missed the younger.

'No, it's okay, I want to see it' Sehun said, but his tone was not even close to a kind one. He poured a cup of coffee and sipped from the drink, as he was playing with his fingers on the hot surface of the cup.
He was nervous and scared, but he played it cool. He had to, at least he thought.

Baekhyun hesitantly pulled a gift bag from behind his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter