Chapter 5

Hate you, Not
Please log in to read the full chapter

I checked my camera as soon as I got home and cried with joy to find out the body only had some scratches. But the lens...

I laid down in bed and thought of a way to have my parents buy me new lenses. I hear a familiar song being sang by kids on our neighborhood. That song had definitely captured the hearts of the citizens, mostly children but I laugh since they don't really know the depth of the song they're singing.

I hummed the tune but stopped. iKON huh? I know some of their songs and I like some, but not really interested enough to know the members and who did what on their album. Meeting their leader in a different way made me decide not to check them out at all. Call me petty but that's just how it is. It's like having a criminal record. No matter how much you say you're a changed man, there would still be prejudice against you, more often than none.

But then music is my life. Let bygones be bygones. I can still like their music without actually having to like their group.

"Hayii!" I looked over to the door when mom barged in

"You can knock you know." I sassily remarked

"You can lock the door too." She is indeed my mother.

"I'm not buying make up." She rolled her eyes

"Too bad, I already bought some." She showed me paperbags.

"That is some?" I asked with a straight face, clearly not interested

"Yes. There will be more to come. She put the bags on my bed.

"Now hurry up. We'll surprise you sister." It's a wonder how she has not gone home more often than I thought she would. I thought she'd be home crying and bringing her things within a week. But then again, my sister's a loner so it's a sanctuary for her to live alone and far from us.

"Can't I do the same? I'm way past the legal age." I whined and she glared.

"No. You're too reckless to live alone."

"It's not being reckless! It's called being adventurous and outgoing and besides I am responsible for my actions." She thought about it

"Please?" I clasped my hands in a prayer position

"Not now. Maybe next year... or the year after that." I groaned

"You have your own room here anyway. And it's not like your dad and I are always here."

"Yes, but once you are both here, I can witness live show and it isn't really the genre I enjoy." We have no filter in this house. Only my sister is sensitive but she have not witnessed anything cause she always stays in her room.

"We never did it in you

Please log in to read the full chapter