♡ 12:01

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun gathered all his courage, “I am… I am not the person you think I am.”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes without saying a word as if he’d notice how hard it was for Baekhyun to continue. Instead, he gently held Baekhyun’s hand, making sure the younger knew he was there. He wasn’t running away.

“My real name… it’s not Do Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun confessed.

„I’m confused,” admitted Chanyeol.

“The person you’re supposed to marry, I’m not him. I’m not Do Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun told his husband.

“Is this some kind of bad joke, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol emphasized the name he thought belonged to the person in front of him, “because it’s not funny.”

The way Chanyeol’s eyes keep focused on him increased Baekhyun’s guilt with every second. His body moved on its own as he lowered his head, looking down to escape Chanyeol’s eyes.

“It’s a long story,” he began to explain. Once he started, his mind stopped recording anything happening around him.

“That’s impossible. Father’s colleagues picked you up from the airport and escorted you directly to the wedding.” Chanyeol refused to believe.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo didn’t want to appear at the wedding, so he gave me his cap. I didn’t know it was his symbol of recognition. The police thought I was him,” Baekhyun explained, still not being able to look at Chanyeol.

“But why would you pretend to be someone you’re not. You could just tell us from the beginning.”

“I was…,” Baekhyun stuttered, realizing how dumb and unreal his story sounded, “also running away from someone and I needed a ride. I didn’t know they were cops until it was too late.” Baekhyun had played this moment for hundred times in his head. He’d thought he’d be anxious, yet he was rather at ease. At this moment he realised what a huge burden this secret was. While telling Chanyeol the truth, Baekhyun hadn’t noticed the older letting go of his hand.

“Whom were you runny away from?” Chanyeol questioned.

“I,” Baekhyun looked up as if he owned Chanyeol to look at his “husband” in the eyes when he told him the truth, “I was running away from my own wedding.”

“You were engaged?” Chanyeol shouted. “No, you are engaged?”

“I… I don’t know how to tell you this.”

The older didn’t say a word, still Baekhyun understood Chanyeol demanded an explanation. And Chanyeol deserved the truth.

“I too have a father who doesn’t accept a ‘No’. I had no other choice. I knew if I was going against his will, I’d need to hide very well.”

“Who are you?” Baekhyun couldn’t help but noticed the change in Chanyeol’s voice.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun,” he told Chanyeol. Introducing his true self to Chanyeol felt so surreal.

“Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol repeated, “the son of Byun Taeksoo?”

Baekhyun kept silent which they both knew was a confirmation. By that Chanyeol’s body moved on its own as he backed away, growing the gap between Baekhyun and him.

Chanyeol was only two steps away, but Baekhyun wanted to chase after the older. He wanted to embrace Chanyeol, just to make sure Chanyeol wouldn’t leave. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to say so many things, but he understood Chanyeol needed time right now. Watching Chanyeol walking in circle and placing his hand on his forehead, Baekhyun patiently waited until Chanyeol finally spoke.

“Where is Kyungsoo? What have you done to him?” If words could hurt, Baekhyun believed he’d feel every single word Chanyeol said cutting his skin.

“Nothing,” Baekhyun struggled to answer. “Do you really think I would harm him?”

Please deny it, Baekhyun begged inside.

“Do you expect me to believe the heir of the Black Lotus coincidently met a billionaire’s son and unintentionally took his place to live with a minister’s son who is leading an investigation against his own father?” Now that Chanyeol spoke it out loud, Baekhyun admitted it sounded like the plot of a ridiculous amateur movie. Just then he realised how little the chance was that Chanyeol would forgive him.

“But I’m not lying,” Baekhyun fought the tears that were threatening to fall.

“How am I supposed to believe you again?” Chanyeol shook his head.

“So, now what?” Baekhyun questioned, fearing the answer he was asking for.

“Tell them everything you know. Tell them the truth.” Chanyeol’s advice brought a cold wave that hit Baekhyun hard. Every single inch of his body screamed “Run”, but he knew it was too late. He knew his instinct was relatable again because just seconds later the door flung open and three cops rushed in the house. As fast as they came, faster was the way they dragged Baekhyun with them.

“When did you…? Chanyeol?” Baekhyun couldn’t finish his sentence. He didn’t know how. How could Chanyeol do this to him?

“Chanyeol,” he shouted after that one person whom he thought he could trust while the men pushed him in a car. Yet, Chanyeol didn’t move. That was the moment he gave up. He gave up on holding those tears. He gave up on fighting those cops. He gave up on Park Chanyeol.

-------

“So, you didn’t tell him?” Seulgi asked and Baekhyun could hear disappointment in her tone. After all the troubles he was going through, his best friend could have been more sensitive. But Seulgi wasn’t the sensitive type.

“Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter