♡ Calm after the storm

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’ve arrived,” announced the drive with his voice as low as possible, seeing Kyungsoo had fallen as sleep in the back seat. Jongin was dead tired as well, still he kept his eyes open. Having Kyungsoo back in his arms was enough for the moment.

The drive opened the door and Jongin carried Kyungsoo to their bedroom. Sure, it wasn’t easy – even for someone like Jongin – to pick up Kyungsoo. After all, Kyungsoo wasn’t a child. But how could Jongin wake up that small human when Kyungsoo finally got some sleep after such a day?

Laying his husband down, Jongin made sure the room was warm enough for Kyungsoo was still shivering. The more Jongin knew Kyungsoo the more fascinated Kyungsoo appeared to him. Less than an hour ago, he was crying, his hand was broken, and his life was threatened. Nevertheless, now Kyungsoo was already sleeping like it was just another day. Jongin acknowledged Kyungsoo might look innocent, yet he was tougher than anybody might think of him. If you couldn’t judge a book by its cover, then Kyungsoo was a great book with the most unexpected plot twist.

While he was treating Kyungsoo’s wounds, his phone vibrated.

“Woobin and some of his men escaped. We’re still looking for them. But the rest, we got them,” said the voice at the other end.

“Good,” replied Jongin, leaving the room to not disturb Kyungsoo.

“Keep it quiet. My father shouldn’t know about any of this. And find that rat Woobin.”

“What do you want to do with his men?”

“Interrogate them. Find every single traitor… and eliminate them all. Show no mercy.”

“No mercy,” repeated the man, hanging up.

Next morning, Jongin was roughly woken up by the noise of shattering glass. Noticing Kyungsoo wasn’t next to him, Jongin rushed towards the source of the noises without putting on his slippers.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to wake you up. It’s hard with only the left one,” Kyungsoo said, showing his bandaged hand. It was nearly magic how fast Kyungsoo’s voice erased Jongin’s panic.

“,” exclaimed Jongin, breathing out as he pulled the younger in for a hug.

“Stop giving me heart attacks,” he added.

“Jongin, I can’t breathe.” Kyungsoo said, softly pushing on Jongin’s chest.

“Just a little more,” whispered the boss, resting his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. With his sound hand, Kyungsoo Jongin’s back. He too enjoyed being in his lover’s embrace. Jongin’s shoulder was wide. Jongin’s body was warm, and his grip was strong. Kyungsoo felt safe when Jongin was around.

As said, Jongin let go after a while. With care he took Kyungsoo’s broken hand. “Who did this?” he asked, “I’ll skin him.”

“Please don’t. It was me,” Kyungsoo answered.

“You?”

“Woobin’s man, I punched him in the face. He lost a tooth, but I broke my hand,” Kyungsoo explained with a shy smile.

“Are you trying to ?”

“Ok, Mister. Just let me clean this mess first,” pointed Kyungsoo at the shards.

“No time for that,” shouted Jongin, picking up Kyungsoo. Impatiently, Jongin threw the smaller male on the couch. Their lips locked and next thing Kyungsoo knew, he was gasping for air.

“Wait, Jongin,” he said breathless, but the gang leader didn’t listen.

“Jongin, stop,” Kyungsoo repeated without success. Normally Jongin was a gentle lover who always made sure Kyungsoo would feel good, but today he was different.

“I said ‘Stop’,” yelled Kyungsoo before kicking his husband, using just as enough force as needed for Jongin to fall down the couch. He thought. However, Jongin’s crash landing sounded harder than it should be. The older whined as his head bumped against the floor.

“Déjà-vu,” he thought, “am I dreaming again?”

“I told you to stop.” Kyungsoo explained.

“Damnit, what the hell?” Jongin growled.

“I want to talk about yesterday first.”

“Talk? Right now? Are you kidding me?” Jongin asked in disbelief, rubbing his head.

“I’m sorry… but I can’t,” Kyungsoo shook his head with guilt, “I can’t with the elephant in the room… Wow, that sounds weird.”

Slowly Jongin approached Kyungsoo again, beware of another kick.

“What’s there to talk about? It’s over. I’ll take care of the rest and I’ll make sure something like that’d never happen again. You don’t have to be afraid.”

“That’s not what I’m worry about. Jongin, you almost die because of me,” Kyungsoo pointed out the fact, something Jongin was fearing. Neither talking nor feelings was one of his strengths. Talking about feelings was his nightmare.

“And you almost die because of me. We’re even.” Jongin argued.

“This isn’t a race. You literally shot yourself for me. What should I do, if you really have died, you idiot?” Kyungsoo broke into tears. Wiping his tears away, even Kyungsoo seemed to be surprised by his outburst. By that Jongin pulled the younger in for a hug one more time.

“Don’t be silly, Baekhyun. I know Woobin, I knew it wasn’t real. I wouldn’t be a use for him, if I’m dead,” Jongin explained, pressing Kyungsoo again his chest as if he wanted Kyungsoo to feel his heartbeats, showing the younger he was alive.

“Liar, you pulled the trigger,” Kyungsoo said through his sobbing. Naturally, Jongin hated seeing his husband crying. Still, he was relieved that Kyungsoo finally react “normally” to a trauma. Because Kyungsoo’s calmness was like ticking bomb. Jongin hadn’t known sure when or what would happen.

“I was sure Woobin wouldn’t kill me. As much as I hate our old man, he is good for something. He would disinherit us, if we go after each other. Otherwise we’d have kill each other years ago.” Jongin wiped away the tears on Kyungsoo’s face, placing a gently kiss on his cheek.

“But you couldn’t know that revolver wasn’t loaded.”

“I did have a clue. I thought it was kind of Russian roulette.” By that Kyungsoo frowned.

“Russian roulette?” He screamed and another tear fell. “You risked your life on a 1:6 chance?”

“That’s a 5:6 chance to live,” Jongin said jokingly despite the fact.

“You’re crazy. You’re a stupid lunatic,” Kyungsoo yelled again, pushing Jongin away. Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter