Happiness

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hi guys, thank you for voting for the poster. Since most of you chose the blue one, I changed the poster. 

Chanyeol buttoned the last button on his white shirt. Finally, he was properly dressed. With difficulty, he tried to erase the picture of Baekhyun's bare skin from his memory. And when he succeeded, he only needed to retain himself from imagining Baekhyun in the bathtub; then his life would be back to normal like it once was. Yet, he knew it was impossible for him to turn back. Back before their encounter? Before their wedding? He feared he was falling for his husband. What a ridiculous sentence, yet so true.

But now wasn't a good time for daydreaming. He had to find out what had happened between Baekhyun and him last night. He woke up the detective he had always wanted to be as a child. If he hadn't become a scientist, he'd have been a policeman now.

So, ready, set, go!

First, the living room; there were two wine glasses on the table and an empty red wine bottle on the couch. However, the couch had no stains, so was the rest of the room. This most likely means it hadn't been spilled. So it implied that they had drunk the whole bottle because when they had left the beach house, it was still unopened. The hosts had prepared it when he heard that they were going out; just like the candles and rose petals on the bed, they found, when they came back from the date.

He knew his alcohol limit very good. He certainly hadn't needed much until his brain had stopped working. Accordingly, the rest must have been drunk by Baekhyun. The way Baekhyun looked when he woke up, he didn't seem to have a hangover though. That was the moment Chanyeol realized, Baekhyun had a great alcohol tolerance.

On the table lay the remote control. As far back as he could remember, it hung on the wall, right next to the TV. Chanyeol took the remote and checked which program they'd watched last.

Please don't be .

Chanyeol breathed out in relief when he saw in the history that a movie was played last. So they'd sat here, had drunk and had watched ... London has fallen? An action film that was a good sign, wasn't it? Because it that means no romance. Who knows what might happen otherwise?

Oh, you know exactly what happened, the annoying voice in his head said. No, he wasn't schizophrenic. He soliloquized on occasion. Perhaps slightly more often than he would like to admit. The talks were always harmless. It simply helped him concentrate better. However, today, the conversation only bothered him.

So what would two drunken adults do, after watching an action movie? Chanyeol looked around. His eyes scanned every detail of the room. He turned his whole body in different directions instead of moving his eyes because looking from the corner of his eye ached. He quickly discovered sand on the floor.

Chanyeol followed the clue to the bedroom. There was even some sand on the bed if the tiny grains that he felt under his hand wasn't accumulated dust. Following the lead backward, he went through the living room and reached their private beach as expected.

Things were making sense since he could remember doing something on the beach. Without effort, he discovered his wet shirt in the sand and next to it was Baekhyun's. Yet much more striking was a small mountain of sand, which was obviously a mistrial to build something. By this, he could remember. They wanted to build a sandcastle for real. The images in his mind became clearer as he felt the cold water his feet.

"Look, a shooting star," Baekhyun screamed suddenly as he grabbed Chanyeol's arm to draw his attention to the night sky. But instead, Chanyeol only looked at Baekhyun's face as it beamed with joy. The fact was, he was at the time already drunk; because otherwise there wouldn't be an explanation for seeing two Baekhyuns.

"Oh no, I forgot to wish for something." Even when bulking, he was incredibly sweet, Chanyeol thought.

"Did you wish for something, Channie?" Baekhyun turned to him. Immediately he looked away, like a student who was caught spiking.

"No, I didn't." He replied.

"Oh, what a shame," Baekhyun said, lowering his head. He sat down on the beach and looked up again.

"Want to hear something funny?" Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol lay beside him.

"Of course."

" As a child, I tried to count the stars...several times," Baekhyun told.

"For real?"

"Yes, how stupid I was, huh?" Baekhyun said and laughed at himself. Yet it wasn't an amusing laugh. Even the drunken Chanyeol could hear the sadness in it. For a while, all they heard were the waves and the wind playing with the trees. Baekhyun didn't know why he'd told Chanyeol that, it wasn't really a funny story. On the contrary, it was a sad story about a pathetic little boy who had repeatedly tried to count the stars, because the last thing his mother had said to him was that he should never forget how much she loved him. If he ever forgot, he should look at the stars; because she loved him that much.

"I even reached over 100. What an idiot I was." Chanyeol hated watching such a cheerful person as Baekhyun b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter