♡ Brothers

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Byun Baekhyun”

Baekhyun flinched at the sound of his own name. He hasn’t heard it being said by others for a long time. Baekhyun could feel his heart racing in his chest, fearing the others could hear its beats too. Before he could decide what to do, Suho continued.

“That’s the missing person.”

Baekhyun breathed out, realizing Suho wasn’t calling to him, and still, his body didn’t stop shaking. As Suho started to talk about “Byun Baekhyun”, with every fact about “him” Baekhyun felt the embracement increasing. This feeling was so uneasy he couldn’t describe it, listening to all those information and details about “him”. Yet, to be honest, he wasn’t listening very carefully. His mind was set on power mood. Too many things were going on in his head.

First, the young man in the picture was Do Kyungsoo. Baekhyun recognized him at first sight. That was undoubtedly the young man he had met at the airport, the one who gave him the red cap that led him to Chanyeol. But, how did Do Kyungsoo become Byun Baekhyun? Why was he with Jongin?

Second, who knew what? Did Suho really think the young male in the picture was Byun Baekhyun? Or was he playing dumb as well?

Third, even though Baekhyun understood this wasn’t a situation for sentimentality, still… Was Chanyeol aware he was staring at a picture of the man he was supposed to marry? The real Do Kyungsoo. What would Chanyeol think, if he knew? Would he prefer this Do Kyungsoo over Baekhyun?

“Ok, let’s get to work. Xiumin, check the security cameras and try to reconstruct Baekhyun’s route. Start with this restaurant.” Suho said, handing the hacker a business card.

“Lay, ask around in the underworld. Maybe someone got wind of the kidnapping. Take Chen. with you, just in case.” Lay nodded and dragged Chen along. Baekhyun hasn’t figured out that Chen guy yet. For such a harmless looking guy, Chen got an intense glare and a dark aura. In addition, the man hasn’t said a word since he arrived.

“Kris, shadow Jongin. I don’t think he’s involved but it’s still not certain. And it’ll be good to know what he’s doing.” And with that, only Chanyeol and Baekhyun were left.

“Chanyeol, check the hospitals and police stations until Xiumin finds the actual crime scene.”

“K,” Baekhyun almost jumped as the oldest man called his nickname. Something about Suho was intimidating, even though he looked nice and even smiled despite the circumstances. Maybe it was because Suho was the leader? Baekhyun has always had a problem with authority. Thanks to his father.

“Can you help Xiumin with the videos? It’s better to have two people checking them.” Suho asked.

“Of course,” Baekhyun managed to answer calmly.

Kris, Chen and Lay had left as soon as they got their tasks from Suho. Chanyeol disappeared to make one phone call after another, but not before he convinced himself that Baekhyun was ok with being alone.

Baekhyun rubbed his eyes. He has been watching the videos for over an hour, looking for Kyungsoo to appear again. It wasn’t difficult to track Kyungsoo as he came out of the restaurant. But after he turned into a side street, they couldn’t find him again.

“Here,” Xiumin said, giving Baekhyun the eyedrops. “That’s the job. The hacking is fun, but the observation isn’t.”

“Thank you,” Baekhyun replied.

“Did you send Suho hyung and Chanyeol the address?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, they should be there soon,” Xiumin answered, laying his hands under his chin as he looked at Baekhyun with narrowed eyes.

“So, K…Who are you?” He asked and for the x-times that night, Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat.

“I have never seen Chanyeol being so close to someone. You must be someone special.” Xiumin teased.

“Ah, I would love to go online and find out everything about you right now.” The “baby faced” man growled. Yet, as he noticed Baekhyun’s concerned expression, he added.

“Just kidding. It’s our codex. We don’t sniff in other’s private life.”

“Thank God, because I have so much to hide,” Baekhyun confessed with humor and Xiumin laughed out loud, taking Baekhyun’s statement as a joke.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Suho headed to the address Xiumin gave them, the side street where Kyungsoo was last seen.

“Hyung,” Chanyeol asked carefully, trying not to sound rude. “are you sure Byun Baekhyun is kidnapped and not… just ran away or even just having fun somewhere, forgetting to call you?”

“What do you want to say, Chanyeol?” Suho asked back.

“I mean it’s not like you to overact only after an hour. You assumed him to be kidnapped without considering other options.” Chanyeol explained.

“I know him very well and he would never disappear without telling me. Trust me, ok? Can we treat this as a missing case until the evidence proves us wrong?” Suho argued, and Chanyeol nodded. If this person who Chanyeol respected more than his father asked him for a favor than he’d do it. Period.

The two men barely arrived at the “crime scene” for a minute as Chanyeol corrected himself.

“,” he said. “You’re right. Something is fishy here.”

“I’d rather be wrong,” Suho sighed.

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol laid his hand on Suho’s shoulder to comfort the leader. “A fight happened here… definitely.”

Suho nodded silently in agreement. That was what he saw too. There was no doubt Kyungsoo was taken at this place. While Chanyeol was busy taking pictures of the crime scene, Suho scanned the place, paying attention to every detail. He has been undercover for too long, he missed the classical work as a detective. Xiumin hadn’t gotten far with the videos since there was no camera in this alley. But maybe they’d find something else. They must find something.

“Is that blood?” Suho worried as Chanyeol kneed down to take a sample of the dark liquid on the ground.

“I need to test it but… yeah pretty much.” Chanyeol answered.

“,” Suho snapped. “What happened here?”

Followed the blood trail, Chanyeol found a small object behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter