♡ Before the storm

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you still mad, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked, looking out the window. He didn't even dare to look at Jun Myeon since he knew the answer to his question already.

"I'm not mad. I'm disappointed," replied Suho. That was the answer Kyungsoo hated the most. That was what his mom used to say when he made a mistake. She was never "mad", she was "just disappointed". That was even worst.

The car stopped as they arrived at the Kim's resident where Jongin's father and his third wife lived.

"It's just three more days. I'm going back to America as you wanted. What's so bad about that?"

"It's three days of you being with Kim Jongin," Suho explained.

"You know he's not going to hurt me."

"Not physically." That got Kyungsoo. Suho was right. When those three days passed, he was going to get hurt. They both were going to get hurt. And it was his fault. On his first day arrived at the airport, he should never have pretended to be Byun Baekhyun. He should never have said "I do" to a stranger. He should never have fallen in love with Jongin in the first play.

Kyungsoo whispered another "Sorry" to his friend as he got out of the car.

He barely reached the front door as it opened automatically and soon after an old man in a butler uniform appeared. It was a weird situation to be here. He hadn't visited Jongin's father at his home yet. He felt like they made a secret of this place. Therefore, it felt like he was about to discover a mystery.

"Welcome, Mr. Byun. Mr. Kim, the senior isn't home, but the young master is waiting for you already." The man said, bowing down and as a reflex Kyungsoo bowed back. He might have grown up overseas, but he was raised with every Korean custom. Before he could ask, whether the butler meant Jongin by "young master", the taller came across the corner.

"You're here," Jongin greeted with a wide smile.
"Come on, I have someone I want to introduce to you," Jongin added. Kyungsoo wondered who it could be. Jongin barely visited his father. He hated this place. So, who could made him go home and even asked Kyungsoo to join him? For one second Kyungsoo thought it could be his mother. Yet, as he entered the living room, he realized he was wrong.

On the couch sat a little boy. He might be about five or six. He had big eyes that remind Kyungsoo so much of Jongin's. Noticing Kyungsoo, the little boy ran to Jongin, hiding behind the tall man while holding tight on Jongin's leg.

"If he's telling me the kid is his. I'm going back to America right away." Kyungsoo thought. Why was he even mad? He was leaving anyway.

"Baekhyun, this is Yoogeun. My..."

"Brother". Jongin and Kyungsoo said at the same time. Kyungsoo was feeling like an idiot at that moment. How could he think so low of Jongin? He totally forgot that Jongin had a smaller brother who went to a boarding school. He started to question whether his IQ lowered since he "got married."

"Yes," Jongin replied to Kyungsoo before turning to his baby brother, getting down to the young boy's level. Then, he started to signal something with his hands. Yoogeun only nodded before bowing to Kyungsoo.

"Jongin, can I?" Kyungsoo asked as he came closer, also getting down. Jongin was about to explain that his brother couldn't hear. Yoogeun was born without his hearing, so he hadn't said a word since birth either.

"Baekhyun, he can't..." Jongin interrupted himself the moment he saw Kyungsoo using his hands to talk to Yoogeun as well. After a split second of shock, he realized Kyungsoo was saying "Hello, I'm Baekhyun" by using sign language.

"Nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi," Yoogeun replied with his small hands.

"Nice to meet you too, Yoogeunnie. You can call me hyung too."

"Ok. Baekhyun hyung, are you Jongin hyung's wife?"

"No, I'm his husband."

"Can a man have a husband too?"

"Of course, Yoogeunnie. As long as you love each other."

"So, you love Jongin hyung?"

Jongin could see Kyungsoo having a hard time to answer that innocent question of his baby brother. After all, they haven't used the L-word yet.

"You can't ask him that." Jongin signed to the little boy.

"Why not? You're married. So, you love each other, right?"

"You're too young for that. We'll talk again in a few years, ok?"

"I'm not a baby."

"Yoogeunnie," Kyungsoo interrupted. "We'll talk about this once you have someone you like, ok? I tell you about my love and you tell me about yours."

"Deal," Yoogeun signed with a smile.

"Deal."

Jongin automatically smiled as well, seeing the two people who meant the most to him "talking" and getting along. Yoogeun was usually shy around strangers because of his disorder. Normally it took him a while to get comfortable with them. But Kyungsoo was different. Kyungsoo knew exactly how do treat Yoogeun. Not to mention the fact that Kyungsoo was able to use si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter