♡ In the dark

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
My search history will always be tainted because of the research I did for this chapter and for the next ones. So at this point, I would like to thank the FBI or NSA or whatever agents who are watching me for not turning me in. You're cool, dude. Peace out.  

 

This chapter is like "only investigation s". I know you guys signed up for fluffs and so, but the plot demands what the plot demands. 
Bear with me this chapter, some lovely moments will come soon. 

 

„I know he’s not Byun Baekhyun because I am Byun Baekhyun, ok?” The younger man confessed.

“Chanyeol, my headache is killing me. Can you get me some painkillers? I saw a pharmacy near the campus on our way.” Baekhyun asked as he came back from his walk. He wasn’t even lying. His head felt like it was ready to explode because of his conversation with Suho.

“Sure, but you look pale. You should go home and take a rest.” Chanyeol suggested.

“No, I’m fine. It’s my common headache.”

“You should take a rest. I’ll call a taxi.”

“Chanyeol, can you just get me some painkillers? Please,” insisted Baekhyun and his husband nodded, leaving the laboratory right away. Little did he knew; it was just an excuse to have him gone for a while. It was a fight, convincing Suho to keep Kyungsoo’s and his identities’ switch a secret from Chanyeol. But Baekhyun succeeded. Suho wasn’t a fool and he treasured Chanyeol as his friend. Thus, he hated lying to his friend. Still, Suho appreciated Baekhyun’s honesty and his courage for telling him the truth. The older was aware Baekhyun could just go on without Chanyeol noticing his real identity, but Baekhyun risked everything to help Kyungsoo. However, Baekhyun had to promise he’d tell Chanyeol the truth as soon as the case is closed. Either Baekhyun did, or Suho would. That was the deal.

Immediately after Chanyeol disappeared, Suho told Xiumin to arrange a video conference with the team.

“You can’t be serious. That changes everything. We addressed the case all wrong.”

“Yeah, it’s a huge difference who is kidnapped. We’re looking for Byun Baekhyun but what if the guy got kidnapped as Do Kyungsoo? That’s a whole different game.”

“Dude, the pool of suspects just doubles.”

After getting a storm from his colleagues for not telling them the truth from the beginning, Suho asked them to keep it a secret from Chanyeol. The team wasn’t enthused about that, but they listened to Suho anyway. Baekhyun noticed how close these men were. Obviously, they were all different and each held their own secrets. Still, they respected and cared for each other. Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel guilty for making them lie to Chanyeol.

Coming back, even just on the monitors Chanyeol noticed the odd looks his friends were giving him.

“What’s going on? Why are we having a cyber meeting?” Chanyeol questioned as he handed Baekhyun the pills.

“You’re just in time,” Suho replied, “I’m about to inform everybody that we found out which gang the kidnappers belong to.”

“Really? Did you find them, Lay?” Chanyeol beamed. Lay moved his eyes to Suho, asking for direction, and as the leader nodded discreetly, Lay affirmed.

“So?” Chanyeol asked impatiently.

“Lay just told us that the tattoo is used by a southern gang named Goben. They used to operate in the south but some of them appeared in Seoul a few months ago.” Baekhyun answered before Chanyeol could notice that Lay had no idea. Lay was listening as carefully as everyone did.

“Do you know where they operate?” Chanyeol asked, and Lay nodded. He didn’t recognize the tattoo but indeed he had a new southern gang which suddenly showed up in the city on his radar.

“Yes, in Yongsan” he answered.

In less than five minutes, all the four remaining in the base were already driving to Yongsan. Chanyeol lost the discussion with Baekhyun quickly as he tried to convince Baekhyun of staying at the base. “That’s a dangerous place” didn’t work on the heir of a leading gang. Yet, who was to blame? Chanyeol had no idea.

While Lay headed to his informant to find out more about the Goben, Chen was on his way to join his friends. As they arrived, they chose to search separately. Chen went with Xiumin. Chanyeol and Baekhyun joined the leader. Like that, they walked through Yongsan’s red light district. In every corner, something was being sold, either drugs or or both.

“We’re looking for a needle in a haystack,” Chanyeol said.

“Then we need a magnet,” Baekhyun replied. At this point, he had learned Chanyeol’s language. He spoke nerd.

“Keep an eye on the men,” Baekhyun said before approaching a woman at “work”, walking in a zigzag like a drunken man. Chanyeol was confused, but Suho knew what Baekhyun was about to do. If Baekhyun didn’t do it, Suho would have done it himself.

“Nice , honey, how much?” Baekhyun asked the woman. The same moment, he squeezed her and she tried her best to hide her disgust.

“150,” she answered.

“What? You think you’re a princess?” Baekhyun shouted, intended others to hear. And he got exactly what he wanted. People were looking at them now.

“How about 50?” He haggled, pulling up her skirt. “Lemme have a look.”

“What is he doing?” Chanyeol hissed, ready to stop his husband. Yet, he was held back by Suho.

“Get lost,” the woman yelled, pushed Baekhyun away. Even though she wasn’t strong, Baekhyun pretended to fall. Getting up, he pretended to go after her madly. That was the moment a man appeared behind him, grabbing him by the neck.  

“Let go,” Baekhyun screamed, throwing a hard punch at the man. By that, another older man stepped out of the crowd full of onlookers.

“Follow me quietly, if you don’t look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter