Did you see it coming?

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr. Do, is everything alright? You look pale." The policeman sitting in the front passenger seat turned his head to look at Baekhyun.


"Sure, I'm fine," answered the young man evenly. This was not the first time he had sat in a car with two cops, but it was definitely the first time he wasn't handcuffed. How could this even happen? It must be a very bad joke. He tried to run away from his own wedding and ended up on the way to another one? Something looked pretty fishy. Since when were cops chauffeurs?

"Arg, this is too confusing." He sighed. What kind of weird circus was this?

Baekhyun could freak out right now, but he didn't. If there was one good thing he had learned from his father, it was how to stay calm and control the situation, no matter what dilemma he was facing.

At that moment it seemed like the best option was to wait until they got to their destination and to leave quietly. How hard could it be to leave a wedding? He only needed to get rid of these two cops, right?

The car stopped, and his jaw dropped. The hotel – from the entrance to the wedding hall – was full of men in uniform: the police, the marine, the military. Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes.

"Who the are these people? Whose wedding is this?"

___________________________

Kyungsoo scanned the room, corner to corner. He was now alone. Not entirely; he knew the men from the airport were still outside. They said the 'boss' wanted to have a talk with him before 'it' started. Kyungsoo took a look at the invitation on the table: "Kim Jongin – Byun Baekhyun". So his name was 'Jongin'? The door opened. He turned around, his curious eyes fixed on the man in front of him. There he was, the 'boss', the 'bridegroom'. Kyungsoo wasn't sure what he was supposed to feel at that moment. He was now overloaded with various emotions.

Anxiety? After all, the men who brought him here were armed. And yet they called this guy 'boss'. To be honest Kyungsoo could already tell who these people were. Guns? Gang tattoos? It was too obvious. But speaking it out loud would make it feel so real, so he didn't dare to.

Relief? Finally, someone might recognize he was not Baekhyun. It was a misunderstanding and if he explained everything, the 'boss' might understand and let him go.

But what if the other man didn't understand? What would they do to him when he was no longer of use to them?

The man was tall, well built. Even though he was wearing a suit, his muscles were far from hidden. He had an uncontroversially handsome face; his big eyes were especially breathtaking. Kyungsoo hadn't expected the 'boss' to be so young and so attractive.

"He looks nice. Maybe he is," he thought hopefully.

"I'm sorry, as you can see I am not –" Kyungsoo almost managed to tell the man he was not Byun Baekhyun, whose name he had only read from a sheet of paper when he was suddenly attacked by the bridegroom. A strong hand covered his mouth while the other strangled him mercilessly. Kyungsoo panicked. He felt helpless. He could neither move nor cry for help. The force on his neck was so strong that he was sure he would be killed by a broken neck before he died from lack of oxygen.

"I take everything back. He is far from nice."

To his surprise, the other man loosened his grip.

"Listen, brat, I hate this blind marriage as much as you do, but not everyone is born to be the only heir like you, lucky bastard. Some people must protect their position from their brothers, even if that includes marrying your gay to make father happy. So if you cause me any trouble, I'll break every one of your bones before I blow your brains out. I don't want to see any stupidity. You will now come out of this room and carry out the wedding. And if you try to run away I will break your ing neck. Understand?"

Kyungsoo nodded silently. This was definitely not what he had expected.

Satisfied, the 'boss' finally let go and left as suddenly as he had come. Before he went through the door, he added,

"Remember this; the moment you become a burden, I'll kill you."

The door slammed shut. Kyungsoo fell on the floor, breathing hard. This was déjà vu.

The young Kyungsoo was sitting in a corner on the bed, his back against the wall, so that he could keep an eye on the whole hunter's cabin. The middle-aged woman sitting at the dining table stood up and started to pace back and forth. She bit her nails and turned her head to the door every time she walked in the other direction. The phone rang. She flinched. Within a second she answered.

"Do you have it?" She asked impatiently. Then she screamed very loudly.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my god. What do we do now?"

"I'm calm. Hurry up."

About thirty minutes later, Kyungsoo heard a car stop in front of the hunter's cabin and a man rushed into the room. He dropped the gym bag he was holding in his hand onto the ground and kissed the woman passionately as soon as he saw her.

"Is this it?" She pointed at the gym bag, asking excitedly.

"Yes, it is, baby. 10 Million Euro in cash," he said proudly. She looked into the bag and couldn't believe her own eyes.

"Oh my god, I have never seen so much money," she gasped.

"Get used to it, honey. You're a rich woman now," the man replied.

"Let's leave now. I can't wait to get out of this damned place," she said.

"Sure, I just need to take care of one last thing," he said, pulling out his gun.

"What... What are you doing?" she stuttered in shock.

"We don't need him anymore. He'll only become a burden. Let's get rid of him." The man said, pointing the gun at the young Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo flinched as someone tapped his shoulder. A woman was looking at him as if she was waiting for something. A short moment of silence passed, and she finally said something.

"Sir?"

"Ahm, excuse me?" he questioned hesitantly.

"Are you ready? It's about time."

"About time?"

"Yes, sir. The ceremony is going to start now," the woman answered. She headed to the door and opened it for him.

"Are you coming?" she asked. Kyungsoo stared at the open door and sighed.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" he mumbled.

______________________

Baekhyun was counting every second to the end of the wedding. He was sure that when the guests left, it would be chaotic and thus the best opportunity to escape from this freaking place. It was getting late. The first guests should be ready to leave now.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I ask for attention?" Everyone looked at the stage. Mr. Park, Chanyeol’s father, was speaking.

"I haven't given the young couple a wedding present yet and I'd like to do it now."

"Holly !" Baekhyun screamed in his mind as he found himself standing before a private jet.

"Dad?" questioned Chanyeol who also was surprised by his father's unexpected wedding present.

"Have a great honeymoon, my dears," Mr. Park said, smiling.

"Dad, this is really..."

"Ahm excuse me?" Baekhyun interrupted his husband.

"Yes, Kyungsoo?" replied the Parks simultaneously.

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's a surprise. I hope you'll like it," Chanyeol's father answered.

"Ok, great," Baekhyun forced a polite smile. "More surprises, I love surprises," he lied.

______________________

"Really? You're not gonna let me out of this room?" Kyungsoo asked the man at the door.

"Isn't this kind of my home now? I can't even look around?" he argued.

"Sir, I was told to not let you out. The boss said he'll be right back." the man answered dryly.

"Yeah, that was what you told me three hours ago too."

"I was told to not let you out until the boss-" he repeated.

"You said it already, for God's sake," Kyungsoo cut off the man. "Why is everyone so afraid of him? Who the hell is he?"

The older man shot a questioning glance at him.

"You can leave now." Jongin's voice ended the conversation. The 'guard' left without a word and so Kyungsoo was left with Jongin alone. To be honest, he preferred the earlier situation.

"I'm...," he said faintly. "I'm not going to rot in this room forever, am I?"

Jongin stepped closer and whispered in the other's ear. "If it were my choice, I wouldn't mind it."

Kyungsoo held his breath until his so-called husband stepped back.

"But we don't always get what we want, do we?" Jongin said.

"Come in," he shouted out for someone. And seconds later a man in a dark blue suit entered the room. He looked older than Jongin, but still very young. ­

"This is Suho. He is your 24/7 bodyguard. From now on, you're his business. As long as you don't cause me any trouble, you should stay alive."

"Do you understand me?" Jongin asked after not receiving any response from 'Baekhyun'.

Kyungsoo still didn't react. His faced paled. He had seen this man before. He knew this man. But worse was, this man knew him.

"Jun Myeon hyung, can we start the lesson a bit later? I'm so hungry," the young boy asked with puppy eyes.

"Kyungsoo," Jun Myeon answered, "Homeschool doesn't mean you can do what you want."

"Okay," replied the little boy, looking down sadly. Jun Myeon sighed but gave in.

"Fine, you can eat first. But this is not going to happen again. Understand?"

"I understand. You're the best, hyung," beamed the young Kyungsoo.

"Suho, this is him, Byun Baekhyun. Just don't lose him and make sure he is home when father wants to see him." Jongin introduced 'Baekhyun'.

"This is your husband? Byun Baekhyun?" Suho asked unsurely.

"That's what I just said, isn't it? Is there any problem? Do you know him?"

Kyungsoo widened his eyes in fear. Of course, he knew him. Jun Myeon had been his private teacher. He was in big trouble now. Not being the real Byun Baekhyun didn't have to mean his death but being a millionaire's son? Old memories came up to his mind. How was he going to survive another kidnapping?

"This is the end. He is going to kill me." Kyungsoo thought.

AN: Tomorrow is an important day for me. My boss is coming to see me teaching, so yeah, one update is all I can today. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. What do you think?

 
Suho finally appears. (Does he?) hahaha

Jump to Comments
The chapter ends here. You can click "Next".
This part is only here, so non-subscribers could read the full chapter.
You can decide after a few full chapters if you want to subscribe or not. Of course, I'd be very thankf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter