♡ Three words. Eight letters.

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking into the garden, Jongin raised his head, letting the sunlight land on his skin. The sky was deep blue. Not a single cloud was in sight. The sun was shining so bright, he could forget the cold which the winter air was holding. Jongin loved the winter air. It felt fresh. He enjoyed every breath he took, especially because the air in his garden was filled with the scent of lavender. It was unseasonably for lavender to bloom in this wintertime, but somehow the cold didn’t seem to bother those small flowers. They reminded Jongin of “Baekhyun”, who took care of them. So many things about “Baekhyun” should be impossible, still that seemingly vulnerable human managed to break all the rules. He made Jongin open up. That was something Jongin wouldn’t consider to be possible, never in a million years. Being wrong was never more delightful.

“You shouldn’t worry about me right now. Jongin takes good care of me, really.” Jongin couldn’t see the smaller behind all the plants, but Kyungsoo’s voice immediately made him smile. Jongin remembered the moment, a few weeks ago, when Kyungsoo met the inner circle for the first time in his office.

“These are your new bodyguards.”

Kyungsoo bowed before introducing himself to the men standing in front of him. Six… seven, he counted. Seven men and every each of them looked strong and full of confidence despite their young age.

“Can I know your names?” Kyungsoo asked with a smile after the others didn’t respond.

“This is Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. I’m Namjoon. I lead the team,” answered the man with resistance in his voice. He didn’t care to expend any effort of hiding his scorn for the boss’ lover.

Kyungsoo didn’t need long to noticed Namjoon’s attitude towards him for the smile on his face faded away as the team leader spoke.

“I don’t need seven bodyguards. That’s too much.” Kyungsoo protested.

“They’ll work in shifts and they won’t show themselves, so you won’t even notice them. But don’t worry, they are absolutely reliable.” Jongin explained.

“But I don’t want that,” replied Kyungsoo, “I would feel observed permanently. If they must be around, I want to know where they are.”

“It’s not our duty to be considerate of your feelings. We are responsible for your safety, not your feelings.” Namjoon stated and before Kyungsoo had a chance to react, a hard punch had already landed on Namjoon’s jaw. The guard lost his balance and backed away in a split second.

“Who do you think you’re talking to?” Jongin hissed. Right after he noticed it was the boss who had knocked him down, Namjoon returned to his place, facing down, as if he was waiting for a second hit.

“I beg your pardon,” apologized the team leader as he bowed to the boss and Kyungsoo.

“I hate it when people don’t know their places,” said Jongin. He was about to teach the other man another lesson, if it weren’t for Kyungsoo who interrupted him, still holding on his arm.

“Let’s make a compromise. There would be at least one person in close proximity to me, right? Then that person doesn’t have to hide. I’d love to have someone to talk to as well.” Kyungsoo suggested.

“With due respect,” replied Namjoon, “this is not how we work.”

“Namjoon-ssi, that wasn’t a request,” Kyungsoo insisted and in the same moment, a proud smirk appeared on Jongin’s lips. Jongin remembered the first day they met. Kyungsoo was insecure and timed. He remembered the first time they touched; Kyungsoo wouldn’t stop trembling. Jongin hadn’t expected something else though since he almost broke Kyungsoo’s neck. Considering their start, it was a miracle how they ended up here. If Jongin had ever considered himself a King, then Kyungsoo had become the Queen he needed.

-------------

“Ok, let me show you,” Kyungsoo tried to convince the person on the other end of the phone.

“Let’s say a gang would storm this house right now. How far would they come? … Jungkook-ssi,” Kyungsoo addressed the young guard, standing behind him.

Howsoever they did it, the team had chosen Jungkook to be the “visible” one. Jungkook was distanced and zero percent chatty. He was how Jongin expected a member of the inner circle to be. But if Jongin would look closer, he might notice the way Jungkook’s face light up a little every time Kyungsoo talked to him.

“That depends on how many and how well trained they are, but I guarantee no one will make it in your 300 meters radius,” answered Jungkook and Kyungsoo mouthed the words “thank you”.

“Did you hear that? So, don’t worry about me… Let me know if I can do something for you, ok?” Jongin didn’t see his partner’s face, but Kyungsoo sounded worried.

“Who were you talking to?” Jongin finally spoke as Kyungsoo ended his phone call. Hearing Jongin’s voice, Kyungsoo immediately stood up, showing himself between the flowers. Just as Jongin had thought, the smaller was wearing his garden gloves and soil was on his face. Still, when the sunlight fell on Kyungsoo’s skin and when that human smiled at him, he swore that was a sight to die for.

“A friend. He is going through a hard time,” answered Kyungsoo, taking off the gloves as he walked towards Jongin.

“When did you come home?” He asked with a smile.

“Just now,” replied Jongin while wiping off the dirt on Kyungsoo’s face with his left hand and the smaller had not missed that.

“What’s that?” Kyungsoo asked, pointed at the box Jongin was holding in his right hand.

“Cupcakes. It’s for you,” said Jongin, leading Kyungsoo to the pavilion. A single gesture from the boss and Jungkook understood it was time for him to leave.

Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter