♡ Empty & Abandoned

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His eyes wandered from one point to another, scanning every detail of the bedroom. Even on his first day in this room, it looked better… warmer, more welcoming. The huge bed next to the window was empty. Kyungsoo had stored the pillows and the blanket. They would only be dust magnets, he’d thought. At that time, he couldn’t imagine he would be locked up in this damned room again. Kyungsoo hadn’t been in here since he had “moved in” with Jongin. That meant since they both had begun to share Jongin’s room. Until now Kyungsoo hadn’t realized what a great job he did, moving all his stuff. Not even one of his belongings was left, neither a plant on the windowsill nor a book on the nightstand. This room was how it was supposed to be. Empty. Abandoned.

Kyungsoo shivered as he slowly felt the cold floor. He made his way to the bed. Laying down, he curled up into a ball with both arms under his head. The young man tried his best to ignore the cold, trying to make himself comfortable. At least, as comfortable as he could without blanket and pillow. His body temperature dropped as he finally fell asleep until the lack of warmth ripped him out of his sleep again. And that repeated over and over again that night, making it impossible for Kyungsoo to rest.

When the sun rose and the first morning lights found their way through the curtains, Kyungsoo was glad the night was over. Staring at the door – waiting, wishing for it to open – he had lost track of time. His eyes were open. He saw everything and yet, it felt like he was in a coma. He sensed everything around him without being able to move. Yet, as the door handle was pressed down, Kyungsoo gathered all the energy that was left in his body to sit up.

“Jongin,” he called. To his disappointment, the person entering the room was someone else.

“Jungkook,” he corrected himself.

“Where’s Jongin?” Kyungsoo added. It was rare for him to skip the greeting for he had been raised differently by his parents. “Manners were what set us apart from animals”, that was what his mother constantly told him.

“I don’t know. He’s left very early.” The young bodyguard answered, bowing down to place the breakfast he has carrying on the nightstand, bircher muesli and fruit salad, Kyungsoo’s favourite breakfast. 

“You should eat something. You haven’t eaten anything since last night.” Jungkook added and he was right. Kyungsoo hadn’t noticed the stomach cramps he was having. Considering his life was falling apart, a missed meal might be the littlest problem he had right now.

“Thank you,” Kyungsoo replied. Nodded, Jungkook turned around to leave.

“Wait,” called Kyungsoo.

“I’m sorry. I can’t let you out,” interrupted Jungkook as if he could read Kyungsoo’s mind.

Kyungsoo sighed. He knew Jungkook was his only hope to get out of this mess, but he didn’t want to cause any trouble for the young guard. What would Jongin do to Jungkook, if Kyungsoo suddenly disappear? Kyungsoo wanted to punch himself hard. He kept being a burden for the people around him. He was a mess. Despite being around gangsters, criminals and maybe even killers, he was still the most twisted one.

“Here. It’s cold, isn’t it?” Taking off his suit jacket, Jungkook handed it to Kyungsoo. The young guard couldn’t help but notice Kyungsoo’s thin pyjama and his bare feet. He wasn’t trained to take care of the people he was protecting, not in this way. Thus, he wasn’t sure if what he did was appropriate. He simply didn’t want Kyungsoo to freeze.

“Thank you,” Kyungsoo repeated.

“Baekhyun or whatever your name is, if I may give you an advice,” Jungkook said, “the boss… give him what he wants, whatever it is.” And with that the young guard disappeared, closing the door behind him.

----- >> << -----

It was already afternoon when Jongin arrived. It had become a habit that the first thing Jongin wanted to do once he got home was to see Kyungsoo. The smaller’s smile as he greeted him, his hugs… his kisses. Kyungsoo acted like a puppy when it saw his human coming home from work. And Jongin missed that. Kyungsoo would not be happy to see him now, but that wasn’t something he should care about, Jongin told himself.

Jongin walked upstairs. Jungkook, still standing in front of Kyungsoo’s room, bowed as soon as he saw his boss. Jongin immediately noticed Jungkook wasn’t wearing his jacket for he had never seen the younger being dressed so casually. Thus, as he entered the room, Jongin wasn’t surprised to see Kyungsoo having a black jacket over his shoulder, covering himself. Kyungsoo had leaned his head on the wall. His arms were under the thin jacket. Kyungsoo had fallen asleep sitting.

Coming closer, Jongin couldn’t keep his eyes off Kyungsoo’s face. Those lips, that nose, even his eyebrows, Kyungsoo still looked the same as yesterday. Still, something had changed. This person in front of him felt like a stranger. It was as if Jongin was looking at an alien… or a clone… a creature that looked like the person he loved, but it wasn’t.

As if the smaller could sense his presence, Kyungsoo slowly opened his eyes.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo called. That voice. The way this person said his name. That was almost enough to ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter