♡ Countdown

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter has just begun and yet it was already freezing. The combination of frost and wind made the biting cold unbearable. Kyungsoo regretted not wearing a thicker sweater this morning. Yet, how could he know he would be kidnapped in the same evening.

“Why are you doing this?” Kyungsoo’s question was followed by a growl of pain as Woobin handcuffed him to the heater. The younger has noticed they were in an abandoned tower which probably was supposed to become an office building. The electricity worked, but no heater was on. Inside the building it was as cold as outside. Oh, how Kyungsoo wished the heater to be on.

“Don’t take it personal, Baekhyun. It’s not about you. You just got bad luck to get involved with Kim Jongin.” Woobin answered.

“What do you want from me?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Nothing. But I need Jongin to do something for me and as you have noticed, we don’t have the best relationship.”

“And asking nicely was not an option?” Kyungsoo knew this was a stupid question. Yet, it was a good one to make the other man continue speaking.

“You aren’t that naïve, are you? You don’t ask Kim Jongin to do something for you. You blackmail him. That’s the only way to get what you want. Although I understand you know him differently. He would do anything for you, wouldn’t he? And that’s why you’re here.”

“,” Kyungsoo murmured as he understood the situation. Now he got why Woobin was so motivated to help Jongin and him develop their relationship. Kyungsoo bit on his lower lips. How could he not realize it sooner? Every time Woobin had appeared, something happened between Jongin and him. And every time, they got closer to each other. Kyungsoo couldn’t believe he was so dumb. So careless. He had left his guard down. He ed up.

“It was quite a handful making him fall for you, still I thought it would take the Kim Jongin longer to be in love with someone else than his own self. I don’t know how you did it, but you helped me a lot. You’re quite somebody, Byun Baekhyun.” Woobin explained.

“What do you want from Jongin?”

“Spoiler alert. You’ll know it soon enough,” said Woobin as he put the tape on Kyungsoo’s mouth despite the younger’s protest. With his clogged nose Kyungsoo was having a hard to breath, still all he worried about was Jongin. The ruthless gang leader wouldn’t fall into this obvious trap, right? And for the first time, he wished Jongin didn’t care about him. For the first time he wished Jongin didn’t love him.

Why couldn’t he stay away from trouble? For his own sake. And for Jongin’s sake.

----------------------------------------

All it took for Jongin to got to the said address was 25 minutes and yet it felt like hours. He arrived at an office complex which was abounded half-built. It wasn’t located outside of the city, and still there was barely anything around. The next building was in sight and yet it would take a while to reach it. The building itself had about 30 levels, 2 entrances and 4 emergency exits. Its electric worked. So did its security system what was unusual for an abounded place.

Entering the building and on his way to the meeting point Jongin noticed Woobin’s men, counting them. “It won’t be easy to get through them all,” he thought. Yet that was a challenge he was ready to accept. On the 4th floor he finally found Kyungsoo. The sight of the younger boiled Jongin’s blood. Kyungsoo was handcuffed to a heater next to the glassless window, giving him no other option than sitting on the dirty cemented ground. His right hand looked broken as for it turned blue. His eyelid was ripped and bleed? Effort wasn’t required to notice the Kyungsoo’s fear. Jongin’s body moved on his own as he rushed to Kyungsoo. Yet, he barely came two steps closer as Woobin stopped him, standing between the two.

“Hello brother,” the older mocked, “you’re as fast as ever. Worried much?”

“Son of a ,” Jongin ‘greeted’, “What game are you playing?”

“Hand over your weapons and I’ll tell you,” Woobin stated.

Jongin didn’t bother to discuss for he had expected that to come. Grabbing for the Glock 19 behind his back, Jongin laid the gun on the floor. However, his half-brother knew him better. Without a word Woobin pointed at Jongin’s right ankle. Sighed the younger pull out his boot knife and threw it on the floor as well.

“Satisfied, you piece of ?” He shouted.

“Well, it’s a good start. Now, let’s get started.” Woobin said, kicking Jongin’s Glock 19 aside. Next, he pulled out his own revolver, giving it to Jongin after picking up Jongin’s knife and pressed it against Kyungsoo’s neck.

“One of you is gonna die today. Your choice, brother,” Woobin explained. “Either you blow your brain out or I’ll kill him.”

“What made you think I wouldn’t shoot you instead?” Jongin asked through clenched teeth.

“There is exact one bullet inside. You can kill me or yourself,” Woobin pointed at the man on his left, “how long do you need to run to us? Three seconds? You’re fast, let’s make it two. But I only need one to cut his throat.”

“,” Jongin yelled.

“So are you.”

Kyungsoo tried his best to figure out Woobin’s intention. It didn’t make sense at all, if all Woobin wanted was to kill Jongin, what was this whole theatre for.

Jongin picked up the revolver while his eyes were fixed on Kyungsoo. Though his eyes were filled with tears, Kyungsoo believed he saw Jongin’s lips formed the words “I love you” before the older man pointed the weapon at his own head. Kyungsoo knew Jongin was saying something to his brother but he couldn’t understand a word. Something… some noises were so loud he couldn’t hear others. He didn’t notice it was his own crying and screaming which were held back by the tape. As Jongin pull the trigger, all he could do was shut his eyes. Maybe… just maybe if he saw nothing and heard nothing, this moment wouldn’t be real. He wouldn’t be the cause of Jongin’s death.

“Did you see that?... What a shame, you closed your eyes,” Woobin’s voice challenged Kyungsoo’s effort not to throw up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter