Not Today

Fated Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

", how could I forget that?" Kyungsoo mumbled as he held the last clean boxer shorts in his hand. All the stress had made him forget that he had left the airport without his suitcases. Now he was glad he'd listened to his mother. She'd taught him to always have extra luggage in his backpack, just in case something went missing. The thought of her broke his heart. He hadn't realized how much he missed her until he noticed his tears.

He hopped in the shower and the water. In his mind, he was working on an imaginary to-do list. First, he'd call his mother to tell her that he was fine. He would have to lie, but he knew he was not worrying her. Not again and not under any circumstances. Then, he urgently had to go shopping and buy a few things to wear. He wouldn't need much since he didn't plan to stay here very long. Boxers, socks, some pairs of jeans and some T-shirts, which were easy to combine. Those were all he needed. Then he had to find out Jongin's interests. Maybe that way he might find an opportunity to come closer to the other boy.

When he came out of the bathroom, it was already after 10 pm. Jongin usually got home early. That might be an advantage to be your own boss. Kyungsoo heard the doorbell and for a millisecond, he thought it was Jongin. Then he thought, "Why would Jongin ring the bell? But who was so important to show up at Jongin's house this late?" His instinct warned of a possible danger. But he knew Jongin's security guards wouldn't let anybody through the gate, and certainly not a crazed killer. "What was the worst that could happen?" he thought, and he finally went downstairs to open the door. To his relief, it wasn't Hannibal Lecter, but a harmless-looking man.

"Hello Beauty," said the stranger when he saw Kyungsoo.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo replied.

"You must be Byun Baekhyun."

"Yes," Kyungsoo lied. "I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked.

"Oh, excuse me. I'm Woo Bin, Jongin's big brother." Kyungsoo was doubting the man since the two had absolutely no similarities, except for their heights. And this man had nothing gangster-like on him. He looked more like a businessman.

"We don't look alike, I know," he said as if he could read Kyungsoo's thoughts. "Can I come in?"

"Of course, excuse me. I was just a little surprised." Kyungsoo apologized and invited his new acquaintance in.

"You're much cuter than I had imagined," Woo Bin said as Kyungsoo brought him a drink.

"Thank you," Kyungsoo said. "I'm sorry, did we meet at the wedding? I actually have a very good memory, but... "

"No don't worry. I wasn't there. "

"Oh ok."

"I was unable to attend the wedding. But I heard that it was a very beautiful ceremony," Woo Bin explained by his own accord.

"Jongin seems to be working late today but he should be home soon."

"That's no problem. I'm here because of you. "

"Because of me?"

"Well, actually I just wanted to introduce myself. Since I missed your wedding, I feel very guilty."

"Oh, please don't." It was difficult to believe that this man was related to Jongin. They had completely different personalities. Woo Bin was charming and polite. He appeared to be a considerate person. Jongin, however, was impulsive and furious. He was a bad listener and he barely spoke as well. Jongin was a loner.

Kyungsoo felt like it had been a while since he could normally chat with another person, other than Jun Myeon. Woo Bin told him some funny and embarrassing stories of Jongin, just like how parents usually did when they met their children's girl- or boyfriend. A few hours ago, Kyungsoo wouldn't think it were possible, but he laughed again.

"Did you know that you were supposed to marry me initially?"

"What?"

"Well, it's a long story. But in the end, Jongin got the Beauty."

"I'm confused." Woo Bin was talking about Baekhyun, not him. And yet, he felt offended. He was a human being, not something people could hand over to whomever they wanted.

"It's late. I'll tell you the story another time. But honestly, now that I know you, I am really jealous of him. I hope he treats you well. He can be rough sometimes, but he is not a bad person."

"He surely isn't."

"You don't sound very convincing."

"Well... so far we haven't done much together?"

"You can't be serious. You two are a couple now. You should spend time together. That's why people invented the honeymoon... Oh no, the blockhead ignores you, right?" Woo Bin interrupted himself as he remembered how stubborn Jongin could be. Kyungsoo said nothing. But his silence confirmed Woo Bin's assumption.

"Please don't tell me you're ok with that. You do know that divorce isn't an option until our old men are dead, right? You can't stay in a loveless marriage for years. That could drive everybody crazy," Woo Bin protested.

"It doesn't bother me. You can't force feelings, can you?" Kyungsoo answered after a short pause.

"No, but you can lend Jongin a hand to understand his feelings. And I didn't only mean it literally." Kyungsoo knew it was a joke and still, he blushed like a .

"You guys are hopeless. I guess I'll have to give you two some extra lessons." Woo Bin sighed.

"I don't understand what you mean. What extra lessons? "Kyungsoo asked confused.

"Lessons about dating, of course."

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Believe me, your life would be much easier if the stubborn Jongin loves you." Little did he know how right he was. Kyungsoo's whole plan was depended on it. But love? That wasn't necessary. The day was long and Kyungsoo was tired. But he didn't even need a sober mind to know that it was impossible. Woo Bin would need a superpower, because Jongin and him and love? These were words which didn't belong in the same sentence.

"You'll see that Jongin also has his adorable side." Woo Bin said and at the same moment, Jongin came home.

"Speaking of the devil," he said, turning to his brother.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jongin asked angrily as if Woo Bin's presence was enough to make him mad. Kyungsoo thought he was imagining it because no one could dislike a family member that way. But what did an only child know of sibling relationships?

"That's how you welcome your brother after 9 months not seeing each other?"

"What do you want?" Jongin said through clenched teeth.

"Do you have to be so rude? I just wanted to say hello to Baekhyun. He is now my brother too. And besides, I wanted to tell you that father wants to have dinner with us tomorrow. "

"If so, then you can leave now," Jongin said, pointing to the door.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Baekhyun. Good night. See you tomorrow, brother." Woo Bin took his leave and left Kyungsoo alone with an angry Jongin.

"What did he say to you?" Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter