Chapter twenty-two

And all because of an ugly uniform

“Are you sure you don’t have any nausea?”

Taeyeon scoffed at the question. “Yes, I am sure, this is the twentieth times you asked me. I am fine, don’t worry about me!” She squeezed the hand in hers but didn’t move her eyes from the door, hoping for it to stay closed.

Sunny was pressed against her on the bed, shoulder to shoulder, their legs intertwined. She was afraid, felt the fear eating her alive but tried to remain stoic, at least not in panic. But Taeyeon was panicking, at least hours passed and the police wasn’t there to rescue them, what the were they doing.

“There is no need for you to scream at me, I am just making sure you aren’t dying on me.” The other girl’s voice was still so sure, calm. How in the freezing hell she managed to be so still, that was President of USA material.

Even like this her eyes were trembling a bit, lucid and wide open, staring at the door just like she was.

“I am here to rescue you, not the other way around Miss President.” She was hoping her cynic humor could distract them both, but it wasn’t working.

“And that went really smoothly, right?” She chuckled nevertheless, they were both armed with sharp sarcasm. “Really Kim Taeyeon, I am not going to forgive you any soon for this. How could you be this stupid! How… ah damn I am so mad I can’t even scream at you!” The hand in hers was trembling and the tone that got deadly low should’ve scared her, but she just smiled.

“I am here with you now, I don’t care, I’d do it all over again.” She met still shining amber eyes and didn’t let them go, searching for that spark that always succeeded in warming her up, and there it was.

“You didn’t have to do that, to risk your life for something… like this, something unsure. I want you to promise me that you’ll never do something like this ever again.” That look wasn’t leaving her any way out.

“If you don’t get kidnapped never again then sure, I promise you.” Sunny grimaced, tears in her eyes. Because it was exactly as she understood, for her she would do it all over again.

“Swear it to me! Or I am not going to talk to you ever again.” She tried to sound stable and solid but her voice cracked.

Taeyeon shrugged, with confidence she didn’t have. “You can try, you won’t last a week, or even less.”

The girl scoffed but gripped harder on her hand. “I resisted well for three days in a prison, I could do better than a week. But you won’t last two days.” The stare in her tired eyes was of challenge, a dare to call her wrong.

Well, she was right anyway.

She started to draw circles on the back of her hand, staring at their palms united. “I won’t, I felt like dying at home, not knowing where you were, if you were ok, without your voice shouting at me. My mom wanted to sedate me just to make me sleep.” She didn’t mean for unravel like that, but the words won’t stop. “I said no, because I was sure you wouldn’t be able to sleep, I was sure you were scared. So I had to be too.” She felt something warm on her cheek, and she was crying, damn it.

A hand beat hers and cupped her face, swiping it away. “I am so sorry.”

The whisper almost broke her, but she held it in, keeping the tears for another time, for when they were safe and sound. “It’s not like you wanted to be kidnapped, it isn’t your fault.” Her words were cracked to, but she inhaled and held harder. “We are going to get out of here, ok? It’s all going to be okay.”

The eyes reflecting hers got softer just before they heard shouting from outside. Then a voice through a megaphone, telling them that it was the police, that they were going to break into. Her heart got into in a frenzy, and they were both on their feet in an instant, shock written all over their faces.

Finally, finally. Her mind was in a loop, she couldn’t think, but her companion was lucid and sharp as knife, as always. The soft hand that was squeezing hard hers disappeared abruptly and Sunny was trying to move the bed.

“Help me, goddamn it! Before they arrive and use us as hostages. Taeyeon, right now!” She was angry shouting, using all little strength she had left to move the damn bed.

Taeyeon got out of her trance and gripped and end of the metallic structure, in two they succeeded to put it against the only door and then, breathing hard they got in an angle.

“You should go for the policeman carrier you know?” Her voice was still breathy but she managed to talk while clasping their hands together again.

Then they heard more shouting and few shooting, the blond inhaled hard, her heart breaking her ribcage. But Sunny flinched an almost threw herself on her lap, she got strangled by arms around her neck and a face found place under her chin, the girl in her arms was trembling. Tae just embraced her stronger, kissing her on the head, holding her breath, trying to be optimistic and hoping for the best.

She didn’t why the girl got so scared in seconds, but she suspected in it was because of the sounds of shooting, God she was trembling too.

Then, finally, when it seemed like hours passed someone knocked on the door, with the insistence. They were still all wrapped around each other, Sunny was breathing slowly, almost calm in her arms. Their eyes met, both screaming with insecurity.

“It’s the police, is someone inside? If you don’t open the door we have to break it down.” The deep but secure unknown voice relaxed her, and exhaling in relief she tried to stand up, picking up the other girl with her.

“Yes, we are here, it’s just us. We are going to move the bed from the door, but I think you’ll have to break it down anyway.” Taeyeon didn’t know from where her nerves were coming, but she moved the obstacle without even breaking a sweat.

It was done, she couldn’t believe it, they were safe.

Sunny smiled a little toward her, on her face dried tears, the struggle, the terror was still deep inside her aura but now she was safe. They were going back home.

God her mom was going to kill her.

 

 

The feeling to be home, to be secure, to be free. She had always taken it for granted, now she was breathing in the scent of her house, the aftershave of her father when he hugged her to his chest, the breathtaking smile Tiffany had on when they got out of that cement prison.

The policeman took both of their statement, she saw the two men that kidnapped her in the blue car, cuffed and bruised. She felt a little bit better, mostly because Taeyeon was with her every second, holding her hand, throwing metaphoric stones at the cop that was interrogating her.

 

“I am just asking a few questions, so we can put them already in jail, no need for you to look at me like that.” The man in uniform winked at the blonde who barely blinked.

“Just be quick then, Officer.” Her stare visibly shocked the cop that nodded.

 

Sunny smiled a little, that girl was the cause of her worst headache and of the better fluttering into her stomach.

Now she was at her home, to assure her surely pissed off mother that she was okay. It was now night and everyone else left, to leave her to rest. And after the hottest and longest shower she ever took and a warm supper she was feeling ready to hit the bed and sleep for an entire day.

Even so Morpheus wasn’t getting to her any faster, her eyes remained wide open, her cat purring on her stomach while she petted her. She had missed that ball of fluff so much.

Just when she thought about putting something to watch her phone vibrated and she immediately answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey, hi so you are awake, I hoped so… anyway so…” The voice at the other end of the call was stuttering in a way it was very familiar to her.

“Taeyeon? Yes I am awake, just calm down and tell me what it is.” She heard the deep sigh and then the deep exhale.

“I am outside of your house, can I sleep with you?” She almost got choked with her own spit. “NO! Not like that, I didn’t mean like sleep with you, you know right? Just sleep, just sleeping with you.” She started to laugh right away, leave it to Taeyeon to get embarrassed for something like this.

“Taengoo?”

“Sleeping like real sleep you know, resting with your eyes closed and dreaming and all of that…”

“Taeyeon…yes..”

“I even got my own sleeping bag, I swear! I didn’t even think about-

“Ha Kim Taeyeon shut up!” That closed her stuttering mouth. “It’s alright, I am going down to open the door.” She closed the call but kept chuckling, that idiot.

 

“C’mon get in, it’s freezing out here. You really brought your sleeping bag?” Taeyeon watched her with wide eyes, still slightly embarrassed and shy.

“I just figured out that you might want someone keeping you company.” The blond shrugged and followed her on the stairs.

She abruptly turned around blocking the way. “Are you sure it isn’t you that needs company?” The smirk put itself on her lips.

The girls sighed and stared at the wall behind her. “Fine, maybe I needed it. But you couldn’t sleep either right?” Tae was smirking too. She rolled her eyes and turned around.

They finally got to her room, her cats already studying the intruder with circumspection. “Oh wow, now that’s a princess room, even a canopy bed.” Sunny slapped her shoulder, taking in her sleeping attire.

She could see a grey tank top under the heavy sweatshirt she had on and the black sweatpants hanging on her bottom. Then she watched her own yellow fluffy pjs, felt a bit silly suddenly.

“Shut up or I make you sleep with the cats.” Taeyeon laughed and putted the heavy duffle bag on the floor.

“You’d that to your savior eh? I didn’t even get a kiss for my success.” She pouted while trying to pet one of her cats, he was still wary but conceded.

She felt her cheeks blush and crossed her arms. “You got kidnapped too, prince charming, I wouldn’t call it a success.”

The blond squatted on the floor raised her eyebrow but didn’t move. “I got you out, didn’t I?”

“But you weren’t alone in your plan, and I already told you I don’t approve what you did.” She watched the girl stand up and mimic her pose, arms crossed.

“Be stubborn, I won’t regret any of it.”

Rolling her brown eyes she plopped on the bed. “Anyway, I am not making you sleep on the floor when I have a four-poster bed.” She caressed the quilt. “And it’s not like we never shared a bed before.” She could feel the blond tense even at that distance.

Taeyeon cleared and begin to let her eyes wander at anything that wasn’t her. “Well… yes, but not for an entire night and… not… look I can sleep in the sleeping bag, no biggie.”

She scoffed at the predictable answer and got up, uncrossing the arms that didn’t want to, feeling their hands interlace as natural as it was breathing. “You were just whining about a kiss and now you don’t want to sleep with me? I am getting mixed signals, I think.” Black unsure eyes face hers and she kept her giggle in, kissing a pointy nose. “C’mon, it’s late I want to sleep.”

She tossed out the heavy top of her pjs, leaving only the light t-shirt she had under. Sunny saw immediately raven eyes going to that predictable direction, she had no bra on, then in an instant they were on her face again, her cheeks now pink. “What? Do you sleep with your bra on?” Her eyebrows raised while she scooted under the covers.

Taeyeon shacked her head, a hand scratching her nape, flinching at the pain. “No, I don’t even always wear one, but I don’t have… that.” Her face got only pinker trying to indicate without watching.

She lowered her stare watching her chest rise and fall, smirked and opened the covers at her side. “Shut up you maniac, get in.”

The blonde sighed and ped her sweatshirt tossing it on a chair, losing her shoes and then slowly got on the bed.

They were facing each other, the brunette smiling big at the way the other girl wouldn’t even get closer. So she did herself, until their noses brushed and she could clasp their hands together.

The only light was the one of a lamp near her bed and the moonlight shining throw the curtains. Sunny could trace perfectly every curve, edge and angle on Taeyeon’s face with her eyes, then a finger traced the same path.

“You’re really pretty.” It was a whisper, told like a secret in the middle of a storm.

Tae huffed lightly then caught her hand and kissed her wrist, her breath got stuck in , those eyes were speaking far more than her lips were doing. It felt warm, almost hot, under that burning gaze and she let herself be burned for a bit more.

She was waiting, wetting her lips, brown eyes swimming in black ones. Finally their lips met, Taeyeon sighed deeply in and she smiled into it. The hand that was holding hers followed the line of her spine until it reached her waist, squeezing it and pulling her closer. Her lips were begin and nibbled, even so it was all so sweet, so delicate, she wanted more.

When a tongue scraped against her teeth she opened and deepened the kiss, wide eyes opened but neither one stopped. She gripped gently Taeyeon’s nape, playing with her little hairs there, feeling her being pushed until she was on her back.

The blond was on top of her, her weight almost comforting until she felt a tight press right between her legs, she moaned in . Tae almost groaned interrupting their kiss, lightly pushing their foreheads together, breathing hard on her lips, her hair tickling her skin.

The girl stared right into her eyes searching for something she didn’t know. Then took her lips again, with more intensity, the tight pushing more where she wanted. Her hands started to scrape her back, caressing it up and down, clawing a bit when a hand got under her t-shirt.

The contact skin to skin shocked her a bit, but the warm tongue in distracted her again. Sunny felt as flames were spreading all over her body, , brushing, pushing.

The hand mapped her tummy until it touched her rib cages, a thumb softly caressing the underside of her , just to be substituted with the full palm cupping it. She sqeuaked, Taeyeon grunted nibbling on her lower lips and she felt like burning.

Her eyes shot opened and she put her hand on the one still on her , stopping the kiss too. The girl on top of her was red all over, breathing hard and fast, she retracted the hand immediately, trying to get away.

Sunny didn’t let her, embracing her back hard. “Wait, I just need to ask something.” Her voice was still breathy but she knew Taengoo was listening patently. “So… do you still want me as your girlfriend?”

The air left completely her lungs watching Taeyeon almost collapse on her, eyes getting teary in the moonlight and then she saw the pearly smile breaking her face in two.

She just nodded, couldn’t manage to talk while she was peppered with kisses all over her face.

“What do you think eh?” Was the only chocked response she got, but the galaxies in those eyes were more than enough for now.

 

 

 

Note: I think this is the end, for now anyway. Thank you very much.