Chapter fourteen

And all because of an ugly uniform

“For the last time Jess, I am not going to the gym.” Taeyeon was eating her rice, making a disgusted face at the blandness.

Jessica scoffed and forked her salad. “But listen to me, you’ll look really good with abs and you don’t even need to lose weight.” Yul nodded, approving the reasoning.

She cursed Mrs. Marinelli under her breath and kept munching. “I am not going to get abs and that’s final. You won’t caught me dead on a ing tapis roulant.” She was starting to get angry, she had a pretty stable relationship with her body and in her mind she didn’t need muscles.

“Yeah, but you’ll get a ton of girls, think about it!” Yuri winked at her from across one of the tables in the cafeteria, Tiffany at her side nodded pursuing her glossy lips. She glared at all of them.

Then a hand infiltrated on her arm, circling it and a head leaned on her shoulder, chocolate hair tickling her neck. “I think your tummy is fine just like that, it’s cute.” Sunny pocked it with a finger and she squeaked.

Feeling her neck warm up she crossed Jessica stare from across the table, the fashionista mouthing clearly to her:” Totally straight!” She pictured sending missiles her way. Barely stopping herself from kissing the head on her shoulder she tightened her grip on the fork. “See she is the only one who can be trusted.” Yul snickered and visibly pitied her.

Sunny her arm, left her position to smile at her, crinkling her nose and she melted.

“Well, she said it’s cute. She didn’t say she’d drool all over it or that abs aren’t hot!” Jessica said adjusting her lipstick.

Taeyeon grimaced at the words and glanced at the girl near her, who sported the exactly disgusted face. Tiffany almost chocked on her lunch to laugh at their faces.

Miss President cleared . “I don’t like abs that much, or muscles really. I am not into… that.” She was still holding her arm with her hand, playing with the biceps.

She was getting used to that, the always present touch. Now that they were “official” friends they found themselves spending a lot of time together, like a lot, and she found out that Sunny likes to keep the physical contact, especially with her. She would always find the way to touch her, pinch her, lean on her, hold hands or hold a whatsoever part of her. Honestly she liked it, loved the feel of her soft skin, how it was always warm against hers, loved the perfume of her hair but it was driving her insane.

“Oh come on you like six packs on guys, don’t lie.” The cheerleader sneered while redoing her high ponytail. She came to appreciate her simple humor and her insides comments on the President.

Sunny flushed red and hide her face behind her shoulder before glaring at her friend. “That’s you who drools over them! I don’t like it that much, I am fine with soft tummies.”

The looks on her two, now elevated at best, friends respected hers. That was the most heteroual talk they had ever had and both of them regretted starting it. It was all Mrs. Marinelli fault for starters. The damn posters were all around the school and the streets. Taeyeon cringed and shuttered every time she saw one. They came up pretty good, though. They looked y but romantic and all students were going crazy about them. Now when someone crossed her they would wave and call her Eros and so on, Taeyeon hated all of it.

From that Jessica advised to get a four pack to attract girls, now that she was popular. And now they were introduced in a conversation on guys and who’d drool over them more.

Gross.

“Alright I really don’t care on what kind of man’s part you go crazy about, I am getting nauseous and I am not getting abs.” She didn’t want to know what part of a man’s body Sunny liked more, thank you very much. She disentangled the hand still on her arm and started to get up.

The girl started to laugh and stopped her from getting up, kissing soundly her cheek. “Sorry we grossed you out and I really like your tummy in its original form.” She almost felt a ictus coming and meeting Jessi eyes the fashionista mouthed again:” So straight.”

She growled feeling the heat reach her brain, frying it.

 

It was a cold Friday afternoon and Taeyeon didn’t know why all them were occupying her house. It was supposed to be a rehears session but now there they were, playing Mario Kart.

Sunny could not be defeated, both her and Yul tried, it was simply impossible. At the umpteenth second place she got she groaned and throw her joystick on the carpet, Miss President was doing a victory dance near her. She snorted and Yul shacked her head in defeat.

Jessica and Tiffany were doing their nails on her bed, judging them for playing kids games. Sunny only response was to stick her tongue and call them nagging middle ages women. They weren’t happy.

“Ah I am bored!” Jessi kept whining spread on the bed, Tiff nodded vehemently.

The host sneered and resumed trying to find a game to beat Sunny to, the girl was smirking at her efforts, her chin on her shoulder and arms around her neck, distracting the hell out of her.

“What do you want to do? Its raining!” Yul engaged the conversation that Taeyeon ignored for a reason, she knew exactly how it will go.

Jessica pretending to think hard about it. “Let’s go clubbing, it is Friday! Let’s go get drunk!” The cheerleader cheered and that exactly what she feared.

The chin on her shoulder left her and the girl jumped on the bed, right on Tiffany’s lap, who huffed because she was reading her Vanity Fair and was interrupted abruptly. “Alright, count me in!”

Yuri shrugged and agreed with nonchalance.

It was crystal clear only her was against the idea, couldn’t they just marathon something and eat popcorn? “I’ll pass this time guys, you go ahead.” She heard her bests friends groan in unison and she sensed the intervention coming. She was around noisy people all the week, why couldn’t she enjoy her alone time in serenity?

She didn’t expect Sunny to whine thought, pout firmly in place and desperate pleading eyes. “Come on Taeyeon! We’re going to have fun!” She diverted her glance to those puppy eyes and snorted.

“No thank you, I am not in the mood.” And she never will. She felt bad for ruining the party but clubbing wasn’t for her.

Then she noticed Jessica and Miss President exchanging meaningful looks, as if they were talking with each other telepathically. That scared the out of her. And at the end she saw the latter nod hesitantly. The girl jumped out of the bed with an huff, feet stomping fast on her carpet to get to her.

In a moment she was made stand up, Sunny squeezed both her hands and stared right into her soul. She didn’t like where this was going, not one bit. “You have to come, you must check my drinks. You promised remember?” And with a cheeky grin plastered on her face she dared to wink at her. “And I won’t go without you.” The pout returned and how was she able to change expressions so easily?

Taeyeon tried to look at anything but the big bunny eyes in front of her, it was extremely difficult. Staring right at the posters on the wall behind her bed she told herself to just say no, she was still capable of it, right?

Also she did promise her that, not precisely that, but the meaning was exactly it.

A thumb was making circles on the back of her hand and she made the mistake to lower her gaze, catching slightly puffed cheeks and lips curling. Who she was going to fool? She had always been weak.

Rolling her tired eyes she nodded briefly and shallowly, she was defeated yet again. But Sunny smiled brightly, all her teeth in view and her eyes disappearing, so it was a little bit rewarding.

Jessi clapped in the background and high-fived with Tiffany. She felt so betrayed by all of them, they found the perfect weapon to convince her to do things and ironically it was an adorable, tending to anger, tiny person.

Shacking her head she fell on the floor again and started to think at how her life changed in less than a month. Trying to resent it but really didn’t succeeded too, she liked Tiffany and she loved-hated having Sunny around, smiling at her, scowling at her, pinching, punching, kissing her cheeks.

She was a pocket size sunshine most of the time, making her problems feel less heavy, lighting up her mostly dark days. She was the most selfless person she ever met, putting her friends before her, always caring, always helping, always there for you.

Taeyeon absolutely adored her very presence and her attitude, but all of it was making it impossible to not fall in love more and more every day. Also the fact that the girl seemed to have her attention focused on her wasn’t helping, at all.

The world truly despised her.

She was so immersed in her mind that she didn’t see Sunny sitting next to her on the carpet, grab a joystick (that now was baptized hers) and grin at her. “Then let me beat you to another game before we go home”

The blond signed deeply but took the other joystick, ready for the last defeat of the day.

 

 

Refusing to try the maybe fourth little dress in various color that Tiffany proposed her, Sunny spread herself on her friend’s bed. “Could you just give me some shorts and a top?” Her friend snorted with her head still buried in her very much pink wardrobe.

“You’ll look edible with one of this on, why do you always refuse?”

She covered her eyes with a hand and huffed, trying to find the force to answer that question for the umpteen time. “Because I don’t like it, I can’t move in it and it is too tight on my !” Maybe she raised a bit her voice but the real reason was that her mind was elsewhere.

Tiffany got out of her wardrobe with raised arms and started to search in the drawers.

Her mind went back to her new nerdy friend, the uncomfortable expression on her mostly stoic face when they choose to go to the club. She felt bad for convincing her, but she really wanted to go with her. Just thinking about it made her smile a little, electricity flowing in her body like she was wired. And she couldn’t explain neither sensations.

“Tiff, can I ask you something?” Her voice sounded hesitant even in her ears.

The cheerleader turned around with a sparkling tiny skirt and a black tank top. “You like these? And sure.”

She observed for a moment the outfit and calculated that she couldn’t hope for something better, so she nodded. “How did you found out you liked girls too? I mean how did you know you are biual?” The question surprised her, her eyebrows touched the hairline for a moment, then she sat on the bed, her eyes watching the ceiling.

“Well, I… how do I explain this? Well I just realized I liked some girls the same way I liked boys, you know… And I think my mind had always been very open about this kind of things.” Sunny studied her face, adsorbing her words attentively.

Tiffany spread herself near her, taking her hand in hers. “Why are you asking thought? Is it because of Taeyeon?” She gulped hard, thinking of denying it.

But with what purpose?

“I am… very confused and I don’t know what to do.” Meeting Tiffany comprehensive eyes she exhaled the breathe she didn’t know she was holding, feeling like a bit of the weight on her shoulders had fallen.

“I think you should talk to her, tell her how you feel.” Returning her gaze on the ceiling she felt her heart jump under the ribs.

Sunny shacked her head furiously for a moment, her teeth biting hard on her lip, almost drawing blood. “I don’t know what I feel, or why, she’s… she is the first girl that does this to me. And I care about her, a lot, I don’t want to hurt her Tiff.” She felt Tiffany squeeze her hand harder. “And I don’t know how she feels anyway, probably she sees me as a friend and that’s it.”

She sensed the bed shaking for a moment then her friend started to laugh, more like a mocking giggle. She glared at her until she stopped and regained her lost breathe, still grinning. “I can’t talk for her Baby, but no one in my very long life looked at me the way she looks at you. It’s starting to bother me honesty, it’s like you are her Sun and it’s getting a bit disgusting!”

Sunny rolled her eyes to the sky, even if she was blushing, then turning to find that smug face she smiled and throw Tiffany out of the bed, hearing the satisfying thud and the scram that followed.

“How dare you! This is my bed!”

Then a pillow fight was started and both of them ended laughing so much their tummies hurt, both of their butts on the floor.

 

“Anyway I still think you should tell her Sun.” Tiff was doing her hair, gathering them into a high ponytail, but it was too tight and her head was starting to pulse.

“We are not retaking that conversation. I said no, until I am very sure I will not tell her anything.” She felt the third pins on her scalp and managed to not scream her frustrations.

“And what if she found someone in the meantime? What are you going to do?” Their eyes meet in the mirror and she felt a chill on her spine.

Thinking about it she didn’t like the idea, at all. Picturing the scene was just worse, she felt as if it was wrapped in barbed wire and her hands irked. God, she was upset only imaging it.

“Then it’ll means it wasn’t destiny.” The words stung on her tongue.

Tiffany snorted and finished her ponytail. “Sure, you just got green only thinking about it. I truly believe in your calm character.”

Sunny slapped her on the when she turned around. “I am not jealous!”

The other girl watched her with a knowing smile, her eyes disappearing for a bit. “Sure, for now.” And then she rushed to the bathroom.

Sunny watched her go, wishing she had telekinesis to kill her at distance. Then her phone vibrated and she got it.

Hurry up, you are taking forever!

Leave it to Taeyeon to get annoyed for an hour of preparation.

I could take another hour if you insist.

She smirked at the phone and waited for the surely very upset and whiny response.

Ah come on! Don’t be so evil.

I am coming only because you made me!

She could almost see the angry and exasperated expression on her face. She loved it.

You didn’t oppose that much of resistance

Pushing the phone down to finish her make up and observe her full self in the mirror, she smiled tightly, barely satisfied with the result. She felt another vibration.

I am weak, you have chubby cheeks. What could I do?

She giggled loudly then restrained herself, looking around for her friend.

Stop telling me I am chubby!!!!

Anyway we are ready.

Even if you don’t deserve it.

Tiffany got out of the bathroom signaling her they could go.

Don’t be angry! They are CUTE

Ok, we are on our way

A silly grin plastered without her permission on her pink glossy sparkling lips. Tiff arched a eyebrow at her, a smug shade in her eyes, but she waved her away and got into the car.