Chapter nineteen

And all because of an ugly uniform

She usually put on some music as a soundtrack to her study session, this time she had Taeyeon singing as the sweetest playlist she could get.

There she was, playing her guitar on the chair near her desk, wrapped in enormous star wars black t-shirt, a pois shorts and her hair in a loose ponytail. She was trying to make her music and her voice tune along, it was so entertaining. She would sing a part then stop to huff and then restart.

“Are you sure I am not disturbing?” She disturbed her dream session alright.

“Your voice is relaxing, don’t worry about it.” In her black eyes she saw a light that was there only when she was doing music, happiness shining, making her smile big in reflection.

“What are you doing anyway?” Taeyeon put her guitar down for a moment sitting on the bed next to her, watching her notes with confusion.

She giggled. “This, Kim Taeyeon, is math and I am doing my homework, as you should too. In fact don’t you have homework?” She watched Taeyeon gulp and try to escape.

“What? No, I don’t have any.” She caught her from the t-shirt making her sit again.

“Go get it, I’ll help you. Come on.” Her eyes meet pleading ones and then a head was perched on her shoulder, in a whining mood. Then she was engulfed in a hold with arms and legs, her back meeting the mattress. An arm held her around the torso and a leg blocked hers.

“Let’s just sleep, I don’t have the energy.” Was the whine that touched her neck, she felt the pout without seeing it.

“Am I a teddy bear to you?” Taeyeon only tighten her hold.

“Better, you are almost a live sized doll.” The hoodie she had on smelled like vanilla and some kind of citrus, the bedsheets smelled like this and the girl attached to her too, she felt like immersed, it was beyond soothing.

“Did you say almost because I am short? How dare you?” She pinched the arm that was on her tummy that flinched but didn’t relent. Tae laughed her creepy laugh that somewhat she now found charming and she sighed.

“You are fluffy even when you get angry, you must’ve been a real bunny in another life.” She couldn’t really get mad when the other girl grinned at her in such a soft way. Sunny tried to not smile, pursing her lips in a kind of scowl. That didn’t stop Taeyeon from brushing her nose with hers, onyx eyes switching between her irises and her lips.

They didn’t even come close to kissing after the first one, she craved for another one, found herself imagining situations when they kissed again.

Now she read the same want, the same yearning she had on the other’s expression. It was unfair from her to want this without having cleared the situation, but she missed the pressure of those lips on hers.

Maybe just one.

She her lips under a unmoving gaze, a delicate hand was adjusting her bangs and brushing her hair behind a now red ear. Taeyeon stared deep into her eyes, searching for answers she didn’t had at the moment, maybe searching for permission. Sunny traced the definite jaw with a single finger, thinking of using to make the same path. She saw the blond shallow hard and followed it with her finger, her nail brushing on her evident vein. A hand was cupping her cheek, a thumb caressing it slowly. Her heart started to pump so fast she thought Tae might hear it.

her lips again she slightly parted them, the blond didn’t stop this time.

Their lips meet, her hand pressing on Taeyeon’s neck, stopping her from getting away. Her eyes closed when they started to move softly, little pressure but enough to make her feels sparks in all her body. The pressure grew and her lower lip was into a warm mouth causing her to moan a bit, Tae embraced her back, making their bodies attached, her leg prompt on the blond hips, pushing her closer.

She felt the other girl restrain herself, a hand firm on her back, her kisses gentle and sweet. She bit on her lower lip, nibbling on it then it making Taeyeon stare at her, hooded eyes meeting hers. Her other hand grabbed the t-shirt with force on her tummy, to ground herself, and deepened the kiss, closing her eyes shut to heighten the other senses. Her lips tasted salty, like the chips they eat before, they were so soft, their noses brushing.

It was the kiss she’d always heard other girls dream of, the one that arises butterfly in your stomach, that makes your skin sensible and your heart flutter.

Then she felt a warm tongue the inside of her lower lip, making her tremble all over. Her eyes shot open and she froze, Taeyeon left her lips panting a bit.

The blond just smiled sweetly at her, shaking her head as if to say that it was alright. Guilt was eating her alive, why she couldn’t get over it? The hand on her back didn’t still and kept caressing up and down, she felt safe, cozy but in spite of everything she couldn’t let herself go.

Taeyeon wiped the pout off her lips with a peck, her arms embracing her again, she felt a kiss on her head. “I told you to take your time, I am not going anywhere.” She could hear the thumps of her heart, the now slowing rhythm made her smile and peck a definite collarbone, that the t-shirt let her see.

“I don’t know what’s stopping me, it is frustrating even for me.”

“I think you need to come clean with the idea of liking girls too.” She felt a hand starting to touch her hair.

“But I only like you.” The hand stopped for a moment, the heart under her ear started to speed again, she felt a blush warm her cheeks up.

Taengoo cleared before talking. “Well, you are right, I am that irresistible.” She scoffed and was tempted to slap her tummy but she just snuggled closer, feeling the vibrations of that deep strange laugh shook the body under hers.

“Hey, I turn straight girls gay, that’s huge!” She slapped her this time, winning a groan and another fit of giggles.

Feeling slightly upset with the sentence she hissed herself up, right on top of Taeyeon, their chest touching, tummies pressed together. The arms immediately followed her movements, hands dangerously close to the curve of her , she almost wished them to go lower.

“Only me, Casanova.” Sunny flicked the pointy nose pointing at her, unable to stand dilatated eyes staring at her.

“How would you know? You may be just one of a long list, I have many charms.” Her eyebrows kept doing greasy movement and she blocked them with her fingers.

“Well, why don’t you go back to them, then?” She smiled mischievously. “Pity, because I almost thought of letting you touch my .” And with Taeyeon stunned face impressed into her brain she tumbled away, chuckling.

“Wait? Like really? Oh come on I was playing around!” The pitiful and sad tone made her laugh more. “It was a joke bunny, come back here!” Her laughter got higher when fingers started to poke her, tickling her sides, making her squirm.

She was laughing so hard she felt tears come out. “Give up! Give up!” Taeyeon was almost screaming, watching her with sparkling eyes, her hands seemed to follow her everywhere.

“Ok, ok! Uncle, uncle, stop!” She was hiccupping, her tummy hurt from laughing too much.

Sunny was just about to kiss away that stupid grin on her face when the door of the room was sprung open. They drifted apart with a jump, both fearing Taeyeon’s mom arrival.

“You know Yuri, this is exactly why I told you to scream outside the door, this is disgusting.” Jessica and Yuri came in, their backpack on their shoulders, a scowl on the fashionista’s face.

Taengoo actually whined from deep inside her stomach, a sound she never heard her do. “Seriously? What the are you two doing here?” She found the annoyed side almost cute.

“We called you, texted you, you idiot! And come on we both know you weren’t getting any, Frodo.” Jess throw her backpack on the floor and snapped. The blond groaned and went literally for , Yuri just rolled her eyes and caught the tiny nerd with an arm stretched, putting her again on the bed with an huff.

“If you want to kill her at least put on some meat, hobbit.”

“ off! What do you want?” She sounded really upset and she put her head on a tense shoulder, trying to not to laugh. She barely heard Jessica mouthing disgusting.

“The project of history Kim Taeyeon, did you forget it again? It’s for tomorrow!” Yuri slapped her head playfully and started to arrange things on the desk.

Tae opened impossible wide. “What? It’s for tomorrow? Oh me!” And she facepalmed herself, groaning into her hand.

“Don’t even think about it Frodo, I have actual taste, not even if you’d were the last woman on earth.” Jessica was extra snarky today, causing everyone but the host to laugh at her astonished face.

“Oh come on, I won’t touch you even with a ten feet pole.” Her cheeks were so red she looked like Heidi. She pecked one just to and got a glare in return.

“Ok then I’ll leave you to this project.” She pecked again her cheek but this time got almost a pout in return.

Taeyeon had this pleading expression on her face. “Please stay, help us, you are good at this stuff. We are so not.”

She wanted to say no, go home and finish her math homework, but how do you say no to that face? Looking at the other two, they had the same desperate looks on their faces. She huffed and nodded. “But just this time alright? I am not your personal tutor.” She eyed each one with authority and received a quick nod.

“Not even mine?” The blond blinked her eyelashes in such a greasy way, she put a disgusted face on, palming her whole face and turning it away.

“Especially yours.” She heard the others snicker.

 

Putting radioactive by Imagine Dragons as her phone ring revealed itself as a very bad idea, she woke up with her head pounding and a tachycardia. She was just about to turn down the call, her friends know to text, not call. But seeing Tiffany name and the time, that was one in the morning, she panicked and answered, her voice hoarse from sleep.

“Tae, I am sorry, but is Sunny with you?” The panic in Tiff voice woke her up for good.

“No, she went home few hours ago, what happened?” Her blood was turning into ice, she was already looking for sweats to put on. Please let it be all okay.

“, , I hoped she was… .” She heard the breath on the other line quicken.

“What do you mean? Tiffany what’s going on? You are scaring the out of me.” She had her pants on, looking for a shirt and for her shoes.

“She never arrived home, her father just called thinking she was with me. Did something happen? Where she could be?” Taking deep calming breaths she tried to think, her fingers were trembling around her phone.

“Alright, listen to me, I am going to make the way for her home, maybe… I don’t know… I’ll let you know. Try to keep the calm.” Even if she was barely holding it together thought.

“Tae… be safe ok? I am calling the others.”

She shut the call and grabbed her jacket, run on the stairs and picked up her keys, hoping she didn’t wake her mother up.

Let it be all okay, let it be all okay.

She kept saying the mantra in her head, her mental voice a lot more stable that she was.

Outside was cold enough to freeze her lips and to make the air condense meeting her breathe. Her eyes examined every meter of the road she was crossing, until the light of the car illuminated another car, apparently still on the road.

With a mix of fear and gratitude she recognized the car as the one that took Sunny home. Parking right behind she forgot all about risks, not thinking at all she run to the black car.

“Sunny! , Sunny!” She screamed noticing the posterior door open. But the sits were empty, with her heart into she looked in the front seats. The autist was there, his eyes close, his head in a strange angle, she fought the urge to scream. With the last crumb of lucidity left she checked his pulse, finding it in under her fingers a screech left .

Her eyes started to fill with tears, her hands were shaking when she called Tiffany again. “Tiff… tiff… . I found her car! Her autist is unconscious.” Tiffany screamed and new tears left her eyes.

“Where is she? Tae don’t tell me she…” The voice turned into hiccups.

“No…no.. she isn’t in the car. She is nowhere. Tiffany stay with me ok, I need you. Now you are going to call her family again, I am texting you my position.” She took a deep trembling breath, not letting the panic in now. Sunny doesn’t need it right now. “I am going to call an ambulance, ok?” She heard a shaking yes and closed the call.

Taeyeon felt hot all over, her cheeks burning into the cold air. The adrenaline was pumping hard, not letting her lose her focus. Putting the blanket she had in the car on the man she called the ambulance, hoping that the chaperone wasn’t in serious conditions.

She wanted to get in the car and find her, her heart screaming that she could do it, that she could do anything. But she was still had a bit of lucidity to understand the situation for what it was.

Taking her head into her hands she cursed herself at infinite, why did she let her go home so late, why dis she just went to bed not making sure she was at her ing house. Maybe now they would’ve already found the girl, and it was freezing. What she had on? Did she have a warm coat, she had the hoodie she lent at least, right?

Questions on questions were submersing her brain, until finally Sunny’s father got there, his eyes glossy and worried. She told him everything, they waited for the ambulance to arrive and after making sure that Jimmy, that was his name, was mostly ok he took the phone, a determinate look on his pale face.

Taeyeon wanted to ask, wanted to suggest to don’t call the police like this, but she knows that he knows. Tiffany watched her with big teary eyes, hers dried hours ago. A truth formed in front of her eyes, sinking into her sould, leaving her breathless. 

Sunny had been kidnapped, and it was nothing they could do now.