Chapter seventeen

And all because of an ugly uniform

She yawned for the maybe tenth times in the arch of ten minutes, Taeyeon was watching her with the corner of her eye.

“You really were going to sleep this early?” There was a hint of playfulness and she actually wanted to keep the conversation easy going, but was still a bit bitter. “I couldn’t sleep well these days, maybe I need to recover the lost hours.”

She felt the driver tense at her side and maybe started to regret saying it.

“I am sorry, it must be my fault.” The pilot was biting her lip, eyes right on the almost desert street.

Sunny shacked her head and resisted the instinct to grab her hand to comfort. “Well are you going to do something to get forgiveness, don’t you?” Taeyeon glanced at her for a moment and she saw clearly the deep, purple eye-bags she got, her face paler than the usual. “You slept even less than me!” She was almost angry at herself, at the situation but more at the girl driving.

Whom just chuckled drily and nodded. She got a punch on the shoulder for that. “Ah! What did I do now?”

She just crossed her arms and huffed.

“Oh come on, you can’t blame me for not being able to sleep!” Sunny breathed deeply and leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, her hands hugging her arm, a pout naturally out on her lips.

The other girl knitted her eyebrows, blinking fast. “Do you know how lunatic you are? Because my brain is spinning trying to follow yours.”

She growled and hugged the arm harder. “Shut up! You are not forgiven yet! And tell me where we are going!” Tae giggled a bit but suppressed it immediately, afraid of the beast.

“So, do I need to shut up or tell you where we are going?” Sunny wanted to bite her shoulder off but decided on another huff and a start of a tantrum. “Just tell me! I am tired and irritable!” She didn’t expect the kiss on her head, it was sweet especially because she missed the warmth of the girl so much.

“Alright, ok, where are we going isn’t really important but it is the beach. I need a quiet place.” Then a long pause and her tone got low. “To kill you and get rid of your tiny body.”

She pinched her arm, hard.

“If someone will be killed is you by my willing hands. Got it?” The girl yelped but didn’t move from their position, her arm flexing to change the gear. “I am sorry you didn’t sleep too.” Now she was whispering and didn’t know why.

The truth is that she hates getting mad or angry at people she loves, she feels the frustrations of it deeply, the need to grow walls when she just wants to break them down, to just be with each other truly and freely.

Pressing her face against a leather covered shoulder she felt tears behind her eyes, drops of stress and guilt. Because she throwed everything out the window, because now there was no turning back, she kissed her and it was now all out in the open.

She felt the car stop and Taeyeon shift trying to look at her face. “Don’t worry about it, I don’t sleep a lot of usual, I am a vampire.” She could clearly hear the smile on her lips saying that but her face stayed in its place.

Still trying to suppress the inexplicably tears she resisted the tentative moves Tae was doing, hugging her arm tighter. “Hey, what’s going on? It’s okay, I won’t drink your blood, no need to be afraid. Anyway I think it will be bitter, too much rage in so little meat.” That made her laugh, a suffocated one.

She breathed in and left her hiding spot, meeting worried big eyes. Despite the always present jokes she had a kind, adorable, worried mom side of her. Sunny smiled at her and the arm still into her hands, then to stop all the questions got out of the car.

They were really at the beach, the sound of the waves filling her ears. With her eyes closed she missed Taeyeon taking two blankets and still managing to take her hand, squeezing it lightly, still watching her in a wary way.

“You know that’s kind of repetitive, have you finished the ideas on how to woo me?” The girl stopped in her tracks, opened in a o.

“Am I wooing you?” She chuckled looking at the desperate and confused face in front of her. “Do you want me to woo you?” Her cheeks were blushing and she was thankful for the dark.

“Do you want to?” She couldn’t hold her teasing smile, watching Tae mumbling under her breath, her stare fixed on a point behind her.

Too easy to tease.

“I am messing with you, I don’t want to be courted.” The hold on her hand got lighter. Gritting her teeth she recognized the mild terror facing her, she got it the wrong way.

“You don’t?” There was a hint of panic too.

She shacked her head and giggled. “I meant that I don’t like to be courted. Relationships are built together by two… or more people. Whatever does it for you.” She shrugged and watched her Eros close , still a bit confused but the panic was gone.

“I… I agree with you and I am not good in courting.” She was too adorable to be really angry at her and that was unfair.

“But you would’ve done it? You like me like that?” It was all implicit and she didn’t like half of it, leaving in the unspoken and the mystery. She wanted to know for sure right now. Taeyeon got fuchsia and she felt her hand start to sweat, she gripped it more. Her heart was pumping like a jackhammer but she didn’t relent her stare.

“Well… I… I… just wait a little longer ok? Let’s just go on the sand.” She was almost dragged near the sea.

It was all dark apart from the light of a streetlamp, shining it just enough to not be scary. She helped in setting up the blanket and then settled down, her now feed playing with the sand. The night got chilly abruptly and she shivered in her light pjs, the wind passing it with facility.

Taeyeon smiled a little, the lines on her face all tense. “I should’ve told you to dress up warmer.” Then she was wrapped in the extra blanket like a burrito, enjoying the attentions dedicated to her.

“You blackmailed me in coming, if I have to remind you.” The other girl got red again but smirked.

“Yes but that was such a smart move!” The grin never leaving her face and Sunny found herself thinking to kiss her just to wipe that from her lips.

So straight eh.

“Stop being an idiot and tell me what you were going to tell me.” She really wanted some answers, the audible proof she wasn’t alone in this.

Taeyeon nodded and put the guitar, that she appeared from nowhere, on her neck. Holding it as it was a newborn baby, the pale fingers caressing the strings slowly, as if it could calm her and ground her.

“Are you going to play me a song?” Her blood started to pump faster into her veins again, she always wanted to hear her sing and play, the guitar into her room had caught her eyes from the first moment she put a foot in.

Tae cleared but didn’t stop playing the strings randomly. “Not any song, I… I wrote that for you. Well with you in my mind, hem yes that means for you. Not that I ever thought to sing it to you, but well…” She was stuttering, it was cute in a way, staring at her guitar like it was the only thing existing.

She felt a rush of heat pass through all her body, reaching her forehead. “Did you really write a song for me?” That was entirely too cringe to be true, right?

Onyx eyes shined under the light of the streetlamp when she nodded briefly, still unable to meet her stare. “But don’t expect too much ok?” The insecurity in her voice was calling for a big hug.

“The snarky side of my personality was going to tell you that I wasn’t. But the more courageous part me is saying that I will love everything that comes from you.” Her hands were forcefully gripping at the blanket around her, suppressing the urge to hide her face. “So, what do you prefer?”

The musician was watching her now, her glance unmoving, unreadable. “Ah, the not cringe one?” A tense laugh left and Sunny was already getting up to bear hug her but was stopped. “No… no I might never get back the guts to do this!” She chuckled still playing with the strings.

Sunny gulped and sat down again. “Ok, but no need to worry. It’s just you and me. Also I saw your awful acting, nothing can top that.” That made her laugh for real.

Then she inhaled and exhaled deeply, a more determinate shade on her face and started playing.

She felt warmth all over from the start, the melody slow and sweet. But her voice shocked her to the core, her tone got even deeper than when she speaks, it soothed her and made her hot at the same time.

So annoying,

in all the ing right ways.

It burns, it sooths

In all the wrong places.

You’re Hell on Earth,

for my crippled heart.

 

And I was wrong all my life,

I’ll be wrong a thousand more.

But maybe,

It doesn’t matter

With you by my side.

 

Being myself,

made me hate all the world.

It’s cold, it’s lonely

made for stronger souls.

You’re my plus one,

a light I saw in the dark.

 

And I was wrong all my life,

I’ll be wrong a thousand more.

But maybe,

It doesn’t matter

With you by my side

 

Too much,

for a child of the dark.

Too bright, too Sunny,

for my hands to touch.

You’re the warmth,

I needed so much.

 

And I was wrong all my life,

I’ll be wrong a thousand more.

But maybe

It doesn’t matter

With you by side.

 

And maybe all of it,

was for nothing.

But maybe I don’t care

As long as you smile at me,

I don’t mind getting burned.

 

I don’t mind being wrong.

 

Taeyeon got her eyes on her guitar the entire time, biting her lips when she wasn’t singing, breathing deeply from her nose.

Sunny felt as if she was in another reality, as if time and space were shifting and engulfing her in a loop, a bubble were world couldn’t come in. She felt every single word affect on her body, like if they were sparkles that brushed her skin, it tingled and sometimes hurt. Her eyes were teary, something was closing her stomach and her vision got blurred. Every note hit her with a power she didn’t know music could have on her.

She didn’t realize how deep Taeyeon felt and it destabilized her, made her pulse stop for few beats.

When the song was over the girl shily raised up her head, unsure to meet the other’s eyes, but then she saw them shining and was speechless again.

Sunny didn’t know what to do, her tongue tangled into . “Put that down please.”

Taeyeon watched her with the "what the " written all over her face.

“Put that guitar down or I am going to break it!” She heard her voice crack but the authority was still there, the girl immediately untangled the instrument from her neck, fearing for the worst.

“What… what’s wrong? You didn’t like- “But she couldn’t finish, because she was wrapped into a bear hug.

The little girl had her arms around her neck and the force of the dash caused them to be thrown on the blanket. Taeyeon felt the air being expelled from her body, the sand insinuating into her hair, but nothing was more important of what she had on her chest.

Sunny’s arms didn’t left her neck and her face neither, her nose nuzzling on the skin on top of her shirt. Taeyeon coughed and wrapped her arms around her back, keeping her closer if that was possible.

She sighed out loud, the musician was cold, her neck freezing her nose, but that didn’t stop her from being drawn to it. She felt so soft under her, hands pressing a bit into her back, relaxing her.

“So did like it?” The mouth was near her ear and it created goosebumps on her way, now knowing what her voice was capable of.

She felt like crying all over again and managed to just nod.

“Ok, that’s a bit short for a critic? You know, I actually wrote a song for you, I could appreciate few words…?” The voice was teasing her but the hands were calming, doing big circles, making her shiver into the night.

She didn’t feel like hitting her so she shut her up with a kiss on the neck. Feeling Taeyeon choke on her spit and then gulp made her smirk.

“I… I think I’ll accept that as a positive one.” Her smirk grew bigger.

By then the urge to cry had subsided and she started to get up, to try and say something at least. The arms on her back pushed her down again, holding her tighter. “Don’t get up yet, you are soft and comfy. Told you, you’d make a good plushie.”

Sunny huffed but laid down again, one cheek on the other’s collarbone. “I remember and I also remember you telling me your preferences about long legs and tall girls.” Taeyeon creepy laugh scared the out of her and she looked at her in disbelieve. “What was that?”

“I am sorry, but you are really the jealous type, aren’t you? I just confessed to you with a ing cringe song and that’s all you can think about?” She was smiling but that felt bitter somehow.

“I was only kidding. Truly I don’t know what to say, it was really beautiful thought. And I am not good with words.” She gave her another kiss but this time on her cheek, trying to convey at least of her emotions with touches.

Tae blushed. “Al… al right I just wanted to know if you liked it. You know? This is my first time singing in front of someone that’s not Yul or Jessi.”

“You have a beautiful voice. I felt like tearing up.” Her voice cracked a bit again and Taeyeon craned her neck to glance at her. “I didn’t mean it to make you cry, it’s just what I feel looking at you, sometimes.” Delicate fingers were adjusting her bangs and she felt liking bursting all over again.

She owned her a bit of truth too, right?

“I… I feel like that sometimes too, looking at you I mean.” Her hands were shaking on Tae’s tummy and she gripped her top to make them stop, but a hand covered hers and she craned up to see the other girl stare getting lost into the sky.

“That’s enough, you know, for me it’s enough. I didn’t hope for anything, anyway.” The bittersweet tone got into her bones and shacked her insides.

She took her chin into her now free hand and forced her gaze to lower down, to meet her eyes. Now determination was overcoming fear. “I like you, I really like you!” got abruptly drier when onyx eyes got wider. “I am just asking for time, time… to get used to it. Have patience for me?”

She got in response the sweetest and most scared stare she could ever imagine in all her life, Taeyeon was almost hyperventilating now, then she shallowed hard.

Her heart was into .

“I could do that… for you I could.”