Chapter ten

And all because of an ugly uniform

Hi, so i am really sorry for the Star Wars puns, i just can't help myself. Anyway I introduced Sunny pov in this chapter, so enjoy. 

 

 

Taeyeon couldn’t wait for the weekend to arrive, coming to school was becoming difficult for so many reasons. For starting the homework were accumulating and she was already behind with everything, then her friends kept trying to ger her to talk with Sunny.

Her Psyche, instead, wasn’t even talking to her anymore, or smiling, she waved with a stoic expression on her face. She was waiting for the next rehearsal to talk to her, apologize again maybe.

And if all of it wasn’t enough she couldn’t write, like anything, not even a small poetry, a ing right verse. That was really bringing her to insanity.

 

That Friday started badly, with her being late to her first period. So she ran to class, her lungs burned and she couldn’t breath when she opened the door. Her face got in flames, all the attention of the class on her, god she hated being the center of attention. She apologized to the teacher who scoffed and then caught Yuri laughing, she stared at her picturing her head blowing up.

It didn’t work, sadly.

Then she got a stomachache after lunch, who knows what the hell was in that stew. She threw up even her soul in the bathroom, barely making it there really, cursing every damn person she could think of, starting with herself.

With every stare following her to the next period she grimaced, Jessi was doing relaxing circles on her back, Yuri bought her a lemonade from the vending machine, at least she had great friends.

They passed Sunny and the girl looked at her, a flash of worry passing her eyes but it was replaced with an interrogative raised eyebrow. Her lips parted a bit, as if to ask, but she stopped herself and went into her class. Taeyeon felt a little stab in her chest, not sure if it was for the intoxication or being ignored, face to face, without any pity.

At this point she wanted just to get home as fast as possible.

 

There she was wrapped like a burrito in her quilt, deep in a Star Wars marathon, crying her eyes out because why Anakin, why you got to be so stupid?

Then her phone lightens up and she got scared, picking it up she saw a message linked to an unknow number. She freaked out almost sending her phone flying to the wall, but taking deep breaths she clicked on it, biting her lips in uneasiness.

-Hi, this is Sunny, Jessica gave me your number.

Her heart lost a few beats and then she opened the group chat she had put on silent while she enjoyed the marathon. There were only Jessi messages warning her of the situation. She slapped herself for being a loser and started to panic. Her fingers were quivering when she found the courage to respond.

-Hi

Well, god damn it. 

The phone goes off again and she almost throw it again.

-You ok? You seemed a bit out of it today.

She started to bite her nails frantically, pausing the film, she focused on the chat. So she was a bit worried about her, but it justifies getting her number in that way?

-Yeah, I am ok now. My stomach couldn’t stand cafeteria food, if you want to call it food anyway.

She waited, jittering and staring at her phone like a mad person.

-We all know it comes from the 1918.

-Glad to know you’re ok.

Taeyeon bursted in one of her famous creepy laughs, that girl was funny when she wanted to be. But there was another message in coming.

-Anyway, about the Gala thing, I think I need to accept your help.

-Could you give me Sooyoung’s number?

That was it, the real reason of the messages, to have a number of another girl. Taeyeon let herself fall on the bed with an huff, wanting to crush the phone with her fingers and burn it. It was her fault anyway.

-I could ask for you if you want.

She didn’t know why but she just couldn’t give her the number, as if like this she had the opportunity to have control on their conversation. She scoffed at her own stupidity, at the Gala there will only the two of them, what was the point?

Sunny didn’t make her wait.

-It’s okay I can ask her myself.

Shallowing the acid taste she had in she went to find her number. Resigned at her fate, having made it with her own hands. The voice of Jessi and Yul telling her to woman up, to talk clear and say she wanted to accompany her. Which was absolutely not true, but at the same time it was. It was so confusing, so messy and she wished to be back to kindergarten.

She was passing the contact but a message stopped her.

-Or you changed your mind and don’t want me to go with her?

She read it one time, two times, then she couldn’t stop staring at it, her eyes wide open and her heart beating into her ears. Was she playing with her? Did she know what kind of power she had on her poor soul? Maybe she was drinking a hot chocolate on her bed, picturing her heart breaking in two.

She didn’t know how answer so she didn’t.

Taeyeon stared at the ceiling for what seemed centuries but where only ten minutes tops. Her mind wasn’t working, at all, she couldn’t seem to process. Another message lightens up her phone and she looked at it with panic flowing in her veins.

-Guess not, fine. Just please pass me the number.

She gulped hard, her hands were sweating and she cleaned them on her pjs. Glancing at the paused tv there was Obi Wan Kenobi staring right at her with a mix of hurt and betrayal. She thought at what he would do in her situation.

He would’ve taken the brave way, the typical leap of faith, she was sure of it. He would’ve looked her into the eyes and said something encouraging, told her to go, that to be courageous was to face your deepest fears.

So she grabbed the phone with both hands, inhaled a big breathe, then exhaled, calming herself and started to tap. She was going to be brave today, take her fears from the ing horns and pull with all her strength.

-Want me to accompany you instead?

And then she launched the phone at the end of her bed, wrapping herself in tighter burrito of cringe. She didn’t want to know the answer and she wanted to know it so badly her body was shaking.

Who the told her to be a chaotic useless lesbian.

 

Few miles away there was Sunny tucked in her princess bed, her cat meowing at her from her lap, her long hair arranged in a messy bun and vintage glasses perched on her nose. She stared at her phone, at that message for few instants, surprised by the question.

She continued caressing Pepper striped fur making him purr, leaning her head on the thick headboard she thought of how her impulsive self brought her here and now.

That strange, sensible and peculiar girl was bringing her to madness. She was anywhere, watching her with those alluring deep dark eyes, persistent eyebags and messy long hair.

Sunny didn’t why she attracted her that much, but there was something in her eyes, in her stares that called to her like a mermaid chant.

She just knew that hadn’t she said anything the girl would’ve just gave her the number, and then she would be covered for that Gala, Sooyoung seemed nice enough even if she was well aware of how the girl looked at her. Well, she would’ve made sure to stress on the word friend and that was it.

But no, she must complicate her life in anyway she could, even if Taeyeon excluded herself from the start.

Picturing the girl shocked face in her room and how she almost fell on the floor to reach her, Sunny smiled a little, she was cute and made her despair at the same time. And now there was it, she finally asked what she wanted, what she was going to do?

“Pepper what should I do?” The kitten just meowed at her and kept purring, not helping at all.

Taking the device in the free hand she bit her lower lip with purpose, she couldn’t say no now, could she? She practically pushed the girl to ask, but now the situation was getting to her, in what trouble was she launching herself into? For a moment she thought about calling Tiffany, asking for an advice, but she knew already her response:” Go for it baby! That’s so cute!” She scoffed at the hyped voice inside her head, really useless.

The minutes were passing and she must answer.

-Oh, so now you don’t hate my company?

Her snarky self always came out in cases like this, when she was not confident. The answer arrived so fast it shocked her.

-I never hated it! Told you so, if I remember right it was you that didn’t want to see me ever again.

And she was damn right about that, Taeyeon managed to rock and turn upside-down her world in so little time, with so little intention of it that she wanted to get the girl as far as possible from her. Now she wanted to go together to a boring for old people party, all because she couldn’t get the blond out of her mind.

-If you say so

-It is the next Saturday, I’ll come and pick you up with my chauffeur. Wear something elegant please.

-Ah, jeans and a blouse don’t count as elegant.

She snickered alone in her pastel yellow decorated room imaging the outraged face she was surely making.

-Hey! I know how to dress elegant thank you very much!

-What if you send me the address and I’ll come pick u up? I don’t like being taxed around.

She expected that, she could swear that girl had some sort of involving her car. Rolling her eyes she answered.

-I am not telling you my address, you could be a stalker.

-I will send you the address of the party, we will meet there.

-9:30 pm and DON’T BE LATE!

She exhaled loudly and Pepper stopped purring, he escaped from her lap jumping elegantly on the pavements. Sunny took one of her pillows instead and hugged it, thinking and what she was going to wear. Usually she didn’t care that much, but this time she felt that she needed to make an impression.

Going to her closet room she analyzed her dresses, she was conflicted and a lot. She might have to really call Tiffany to help her choose. Hoping that Taeyeon doesn’t came in jeans and a blouse. That girl was capable of everything.

Her phone pinged with new notifications.

-I am not a stalker!

-And I won’t be late, calm down woman.

Sunny eyes grew large with rage, why that kid evoked so many emotions in her in such a short time, it was always like riding a rollercoaster. Well, maybe she liked exactly that.

-What are you a caveman?

She threw her phone on the bed huffing and thinking about eating some ice creams, but when the device lightens up again the curiosity got to her.

-Come on don’t get mad, I can’t even see you puffing your cheeks from here.

-Send me a pic

Outraged she turned to the long mirror on the wall and indeed she was puffing her cheeks, snorting loudly she stared at her phone in wrath.

-Keep dreaming, go learn your lines instead!

 

They kept teasing each other like that all the evening, barely minutes in between the exchanges. When was her usual time to go to bed Sunny found herself with aching cheeks from smiling too much. Taeyeon knew how to make her laugh and how to , she would never admit it to no one but she liked that so, so much.

She was clever and answered to her snarky comment without losing points, following her toe to toe, and she didn’t have this fun in months. Sunny stared at her phone and almost didn’t want to go to sleep, but the next day was going to be a full day for her. Her dad wanted to bring her to the company, teach her about the bureaucracy and all of that.

God she hated that company.

With a huff she landed on her fluffy bed and hugged her pillow, trying to bring herself to say goodnight and put herself to sleep.

-I need to go to sleep now, goodnight, see you on Monday.

She almost put a kissy emoji, like when she gave the goodnight to Tiffany but stopped herself.

-So soon it is Friday! What are you sixty?

There she was, annoying the hell out of her.

-I have plans early tomorrow, you pull an all nightery by yourself, I need my sleep.

She wouldn’t even imagine it this morning but yes, she was waiting for a goodnight text from Taeyeon so she could go to sleep. Life is so strange sometimes.

With her face deep into her pillow she tried picturing what the other girl looked like in that moment. Probably she had some LOTR t-shirt or something just as nerdy, that covered her until the knees, her blond hair a mess on the pillow, that dorky smile plastered on her lips and the dimple on the chin showing. For a moment her brain betrayed her and made her see the girl right next to her causing her heart to skip a beat.

A notification saved her from overthink it.

-Fine you get your beauty sleep little bunny, Goodnight.

The pet name was supposed to irritate her, she knows it but her cheeks don’t. Smiling from ear to ear she felt warm all over and squeezed her pillow tighten. Realizing what she looked like she shut her phone and got a grip on herself.

Staring in the dark she couldn’t stop hearing the nickname from the lips of the other girl.

What she had gotten herself into.