Mélancolie [9]

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Sakura's mentality is strong. She's the type of girl who never gives up until she gets what she wants but what happened to her and Eunbi taught her a big lesson - sometimes she has to learn to let go, she needs to know the right time to give up.

 

She wasn't mad at Eunbi at all because she knows that when they had is genuine love. Even Nako said the same thing. Eunbi's smile and the way her eyes twinkled is all genuine, the way her heart raced when Sakura leaned to her chest to hug her is not something that can't be faked. She believes there's a deeper reason why Eunbi cannot accept her past and if she's willing to tell her or explain to her then she's willing to listen.

 

It's not like she's keeping Cherry's identity because she's embarrassed, she never denied it when someone asked, but Sakura was tired. After leaving Korea to have a short vacation in Japan for 5 days, Sakura decided to fix herself and let people know about her other identity. She doesn't want to invest friendship and emotions to someone only to be left alone because they can't accept her past.

 

 

*****

 

 

Minjoo, Nako, and Yujin sat on the corner of the coffee shop enjoying their blueberry muffins. 
Minjoo clucks her tongue and tilted her head, it’s a habit she does whenever she’s thinking about something. "Don't you think it's kinda unreasonable that Eunbi unnie can't accept her past? I mean, I saw Kkura unnie's photoshoots and it's not really like--"

 

"I know," Nako interjected.

 

Yujin heaved a heavy sigh. "My sister has been acting strange this past few days, and honestly even if I'm mad I can't help but worry."

 

"What do you mean?" Nako asked curiously.

 

Yujin told her friends that Eunbi rarely goes out of her room, she never eats anything aside from a certain brand of macarons and sprite, and always wear long sleeves.

 

"Did you just say she always wear sweaters now? But its summer today, that's uncomfortable." Minjoo said.


"She's covering something." Nako suddenly interrupted. Her eyes were full of worries. It seems to her that Eunbi has been depressed and not taking the break up well, the same as her sister.

 

Yujin kept mum, processing all the information on her brain but then she remembered that when she was a kid that her older sister was extremely sensitive and she had an issue with hurting herself.  She hurting herself again?” she asked in a low voice. She shot up from her seat startling her friends. “I need to go!” she announced before storming out of the café and speeding off. 

 

 

****

 

 

Yujin barged into Eunbi's room, she grabbed her left arm slid up the long sleeve. She was greeted by the sight of small cuts. It wasn't deep but the fact that her sister is hurting herself hurt her so much. She frowned when she took a good look at her sister, her eyes are so puffy from crying, her hair is all messy and she had a dark circle under her eyes.

 

"Don't keep it all on yourself, unnie," she said, weakly. 

 

It was only a matter of seconds before Eunbi hugged her sister so tight as if her life depended on her. "I messed up, Yujinie. What am I gonna do? I'm so confused."


Yujin was choking on her own tears while rubbing her sister back, doing everything she can to comfort her. It would be okay for her that her sister is mad at her as long she’s okay and not hurting like this. It hurts her so much that she can’t do anything for Eunbi. All the anger that she felt before fades away. "Shhhh. Just cry it all out Eunbi unnie. I will never leave you. You're not alone."

 

As soon as her sister fell asleep from crying too much, she laid her on the bed carefully and tucked her in. She proceeded to clean her room, throwing the empty cans of sodas and empty boxes of macarons, and other things that can possibly hurt her sister. Her eyes darted to her laptop, instead of getting jealous on their picture where Sakura was kissing her sister's cheeks while she's smiling widely on camera she couldn't help but feel sad. She still likes Sakura but she already accepted it in her hurt that the older girl only sees her as a younger sister.  

 

Suddenly, Yujin's phone rang.

 

"Mom, it's a good thing you called," she said on the other line.

 

"--is everything okay there? Have you been fighting again?"

 

Yujin shook her head while talking on the other line. "We're okay, mom. You have to go home. Eunbi unnie recently broke up--" she stopped purposely when she realized she's been saying too much about her sister's private life, but her mother already got what she means.

 

"I'll be home tonight. I will just finish everything here. I still have a board meeting to attend do. Don't leave her." her mom reminded.

 

“Yes, I won’t mom.”

 

 

*****

 

 

Sakura just got home from her 5days vacation. Nako was very glad that her sister looks more cheerful now than before.

 

She was setting up the table for dinner when Sakura suddenly walked into the kitchen to help her. Nako had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter