Pretty Unnie [3]

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Sakura almost jump in shock when her eyes darted to the rearview mirror of the car, there was a tall girl sleeping soundly at the back.

 

"Who's that?" she asked her sister while holding her chest, trying to make herself calm.

 

"Eh?" Nako chuckled when she did a quick glance at the rear view mirror.

 

"That's Jinie, she's my classmate. She said she wanted to come and she'll be our guide. You don't want to?"

 

"Oh. No. I was just so surprised, Nakochan. Nothing to worry about." Sakura smiled reassuringly.

 

The sisters have been exchanging stories animatedly about their first day, Wehn Nako told her how she got lost inside the University on the first day, Sakura couldn't help but laugh.

 

"I got lost too! We're really sisters. I'm surprised you can even drive, your sense of direction is better than mine." she commented.

 

Nako was mind blown when Sakura told her that her first lecture took several hours, it was something that Nako didn't expect.

 

As soon as Nako parked the car, Sakura climbed down to go first and got inside to reserve a seat. it was 5 minutes after when Nako and her friend arrived.  

 

"Saachan, this is Jinie, my classmate."

 

"Nice to meet you, Jinie!" Sakura flashed her most welcoming smile and shook the younger girls hand.

 

"I'm Yujin but everyone calls me Jinie," she said, avoiding the eye contact which made Sakura kinda disappointed. Having a conversation with someone who's  not even looking at her is one of her pet peeves, for her it seems like the person is not interested to talk and simply not paying attention. 

 

Yujin taught the sisters the proper way of eating samgyupsal, from the making of the sauce to grilling and to eating it with wraps. She was very shy at first but then got so comfortable a little bit later since the sisters are naturally welcoming to her.

 

Nako isn't joking when she said her sister is nice. she thought.

 

Yujin never met someone who was as nice as Sakura and Nako, though she is a stranger and they just met today, she never felt like one. She was moved by such little gestures that Sakura did. The sisters changed their plan from drinking soju to just buying bubble tea and hanging out at the park across the restaurant when they found out that Yujin is allergic to any alcohol drink. No one really adjusted for Yujin's needs before. She lives with her sister who was 8 years older than her since both their parents are abroad, oftentimes Yujin is the one who adjusts to being accepted in groups.

 

"So do you also plan to go to med school after your course, Jinie?" Sakura asked.

 

"Yes, unnie. It's always been my dream to become a psychiatrist. Mental health is important." she said proudly.

 

Sakura nodded, "It was often overlooked, that's why Nako wants to be a psychiatrist as well. Right Nako?" she looked at her sister who gave her a nonchalant shrug.

 

"Maybe if I won't go crazy first."

 

Nako's answer made everyone laughed, it was around 7 pm when the 3 of them decided to part ways, Sakura and Nako really wants to drive Yujin home, but she's too shy since her house is out of their way. In the end, they agreed to just drop Yujin off the bus stop.

 

"Are you really gonna be okay here?" Sakura asked, looking around. While Nako stayed inside the car. She noticed that she has been rubbing her hands, she pulled out her hand warmers and placed it on Yujin's palm.

 

"Oh thank you, unnie."

 

Sakura asked her if she always takes the bus home in which she answered yes, the conversation was too awkward and she knows it's her fault since she's thinking about asking the older girls phone number but was too shy to do so and was too scared of Nako since her friend is protective of her older sister.

"Whatever I only live once." Yujin thought

She let out a nervous sigh before she called sakura's name. 

 

Sakura tilted her head to face Yujin and their eyes locked. "Yes, Jinie?"

 

"Unniecanihaveyournumber?" she said fast because of embarrassment.

 

"Huh?" Sakura asked, staring at her looking all puzzled. "I didn't get it. What is it? Slowdown Jinie ya." she said as she pats her in the forearm.

 

"Unnie, I said can I have your number?" she asked shyly.

 

"Ahh.Sure." She took Yujin's phone and typed in her number quickly. "It's just a number, I don't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter